It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello friends!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey there everyone, my name is Tyler. I just wanted to give a shout out to ya'll here. I just found this forum and it looks great. Looking forward to helping/answering questions for peeps on here as well. Happy trails, peace!

Post subject: Re: Hello friends!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum Tyler!

look forward to corresponding with you through your questions, posts, and replies to posts. I've been here a few months now and have found it to be a wonderful place of support and info about buprenorphine, Suboxone, addiction, and all forms of recovery in general.
Glad to have ya! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks lizzieshug2013, glad to be here too. :)

I just recently just got back on Suboxone this week. And wow, what a hell of a change. The last two months or so, I started doing more Oxy's and got hooked again. But since I have been on it, all my cravings are gone! The dose I'm on is 4mg sublingual film per day, seems to work just fine. Plus for my ADHD, I'm on Adderall XR 30mg once a day too. If anyone was wondering about this combo, it works hella good.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Suboxone is amazing at removing obsession and cravings almost instantly! I didn't think it would work for me at first since nothing else had, and my drug use was so heavy, but one and a half films later, and I almost felt like my old self again! I was started at a high dose, but have tapered down to a lower one andfeel just as great at the lower dose, saves money too! just today stated on generic subutex to save more money cause sub films are so expensive, and hundreds of dollars cheaper too!
Glad to know your sub and adhd med combo works great for you and you're back to feeling good also! keep it up, and if you're happy and healthy and clean on sub, dont let anyone discourage you in using medication in your recovery.... it's YOUR recovery, and your health.... keep it up!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
Suboxone is amazing at removing obsession and cravings almost instantly! I didn't think it would work for me at first since nothing else had, and my drug use was so heavy, but one and a half films later, and I almost felt like my old self again! I was started at a high dose, but have tapered down to a lower one andfeel just as great at the lower dose, saves money too! just today stated on generic subutex to save more money cause sub films are so expensive, and hundreds of dollars cheaper too!
Glad to know your sub and adhd med combo works great for you and you're back to feeling good also! keep it up, and if you're happy and healthy and clean on sub, dont let anyone discourage you in using medication in your recovery.... it's YOUR recovery, and your health.... keep it up!

I'm happy you found something that works for ya. :) Though isn't Subutex harder to get prescribed to a patient because it's more easily abused? Aka no Naloxone in it.

I appreciate the kind words, right back at ya. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

many doctors won't rx subutex because it doesn't contain naloxone. the naloxone is there to deter iv abuse, but since I've been a perfectly compliant patient, never had a positive UA, NEVER missed an appointment and am uninsured, my Dr was willing to rx the mono product buprenorphine, after reading some of Dr. Junig's writings about Suboxone and plain bupe being clinically identical in the way they work when not abused. I'm so glad he was willing to prescribe it because I could barely get by paying the price for Suboxone films, in addition to paying for counseling and gas going back and forth to appts, and missed time from work to go to counseling. it was really adding up to over a thousand bucks a month!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello and welcome.
We're thankful that you are here. Looking forward and hopefully we can do exchanging of ideas.
Best of luck.