It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello fellow bupees!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi my name is Mark and I am new to the forum. I've been seeking recovery from active addition since I was 24yrs old(9 years and counting...). This all started from a 6-9 month pill binge. I've been in and out of drug replacement programs(methadone and now suboxone) most of that time period. I walked out of the methadone clinic twice while on 2.5-5.0mg and relapsed both times. I was never able to kick addiction cold turkey. My 3rd stint in the meth clinic ended when I switched from a daily 60mg methadone dose to suboxone. I DO NOT recommend trying it at that high of a dose. I was sick for a month straight.

I haven't gotten high since January 24th, 2011 because of a combination of suboxone, intrinsic moivation, AND a decent foundation in Narcotics Anonymous. I am by no means an NA guru but I appreciate the spiritual principles, awareness of my disease, and the recovery tools that I learned about early on in my recovery.

I am in no way cured. I still have urges every few months. Life on life's terms still slaps me in the face once in awhile. My disease still shows itself in many aspects of my life. I am here to help anyone out and to start educating myself on the technical and medicinal traits of buprenorphine.

Post subject: Re: Hello fellow bupees!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mark, glad you joined us and congratulations on your sobriety since 2011. I think you'll find we've got a pretty great group of people here that you can learn much from. And I'm sure you'll be a nice addition that we can learn from as well. Any questions you may have, just ask away. .. we'll do our best to give you useful and accurate information. I, personally started out here by reading many of the existing threads, and reading the posts at http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com, the other website run by Dr. Junig, our forum's founder. So feel free to make yourself at home and have a look around :)! It is absolutely full of info about nearly every aspect of opiate addiction, and it's treatment with buprenorphine, and other forms of treatment for addiction as well.

Post subject: Re: Hello fellow bupees!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:45 pm 

Nice to have you here, Mark! Welcome to the forum!

Amy