It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello Fellow Addicts!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Suboxone is wonderful. It has helped my husband and I with our Addiction to lorcets and tramadol/ultram. I was never prescribed Suboxone. My husband went to the clinic and was prescribed 60 a month and we split them because we couldnt afford for both of us to go because we spent everything we had on pain pills! We would run out in the middle of the month and have to go buy suboxone off the street (20 each) or even lorcets because we would go into withdrawals from the suboxone. I got tired of it because we really are sincere about getting clean. I weened myself off and after 4 days of laying around feeling sorry for myself it was over. You can survive!!! My husband continued to take the suboxone as prescribed and did well. This last month the doctor told him it was time for him to be done and is weening him off. My husband actually cried on the way home from the doc. Hes scared of being without anything or afraid of a relapse. He said it wasnt time enough to get over it. He has 14 left and he is a nervous wreck. I hope i can keep him strong enough to stay sober with me. Glad i found this site and hope to help someone or get help and advice i need! good luck to everyone and it can be done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum! I know you'll find lots of support and information here as I have. I'm sorry about your husband having to go off sub before he is ready. Has he considered finding a new doctor, one that will work with his needs? So the doctor only gave him a month to taper off? Wow, that is exceedingly unreasonable! I haven't tapered off yet, but I'm sure others that have will chime in with their experiences and perhaps some help for you and him. Good luck and hang in there. And again, welcome. We're happy to have you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi bama and welcome. It sounds like things have been difficult for you both. If your husband really isn't ready to wean, then he truly is in danger of relapse if he is forced to go off, especially since you still have sources of pills. If he can't convince his doctor to give him more time he may have to find a new doctor. The naabt.org website is a good resource for finding doctors. You need to be vigilant of your own recovery as well. You are over the physical part (I'm glad you reported that it wasn't too bad), but early recovery is a minefield of triggers that can lead to using again. I hope you have some support.
Keep posting. You will find a lot of support and information on this forum. Best of luck to you,
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow that is crazy that he is gonna cut your husbands subs in a month. If he this he is gonna relapses I would call that doc and let him know what is going on. Maybe find another doc if one is around you. My doctor is not gonna take me off until I tell him I think iam ready to make the jump. I just don't think that his doctor is being professional at all. After all he is the one prescribing a highly addictive narcotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Forgot to say welcome to the forum. And good luck to you and your husband in recovery!