It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello Everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:56 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all. I am in recovery for almost 2 years now. My drug of choice, opiates. I've worked very hard to get where I am now. I started the methadone program and am down to 25. I feel like I cant get past this mark!! I know its not all going to be easy and I will feel uncomfortable when getting lower. So far it has been not too bad. I went all the way to 120 before I realized I was trading 1 for another. And started my taper. I have the BEST counselor who has been my saving grace. She really made me feel welcomed and loved. She gave me the hope that I could have my life back. I cant believe how far I have come in this! I dont want to fail now! I have worked too hard. How did any of you with expierience do it? What did you use for relaxation techniques?
I also wanted to say to anyone making the choice to get help. It will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself. Really work the program for all you need out of it. There are good people willing to help you not only get off your drug, but get to those underlying issues that made us turn to them in the first place. ANYONE can do it. Believe me, I was in such a low place I thought there was no way I would ever be right again. I was wrong, Thank God.

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

good luck, molissa! I think that the best attitude for complete abstinence is 'powerlessness'-- just because the way my own mind worked was that if I had 'control', I had no reason to stop. The hard part is to twist the mind to focus on powerlessness during a taper, when it seems that everything is about control. I encourage people to still use powerlessness, but to focus on powerlessness over any opioid that is not appropriately dispensed. We all made the mistake of 'treating' ourselves, at one point or another.... so I always go light on the self-medication idea, as that is just a small step away from treating myself WHEN I want, WHERE I want. Regardless of how much a person hurts, opioids only make the pain worse (talking emotions here).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you!! I'm glad to have found this place. I can use every ounce of advice or anything useful I can get!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Molissa,

I wanted to welcome you as well. We have alot of members here who have been down this road and can give you great advice. Although most of the current topics in the tapering section have to do with suboxone, I'm sure you will find some great tips that will apply to you as well. We also have a section on Methadone maintenance that gets some pretty good topics every now and then.

My advice would be to just plug in here and start reading and posting. This is a great place to come and learn and get personal support.

Good luck with your taper!

Q