It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hello everyone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone

I figured its time I say hello and jump in on the forum. I've been lurking for some time now and this seems like a really active forum with great advice and support. My story is long and painful but I won't go into detail tonight about it.. I will say this is my second time on subs. First time I had moved down south from the north with a opiate addiction (pills) that turned into a heroin addiction.. I thought I could get clean by switching people and places but addiction follows you everywhere so after living in the south for a year and getting into bad habits I finally got the courage to get clean. . Found a behavioral health clinic that took me for free but still had to pay for meds.. things were starting to look up had a job and such but about 5 months later I went to one of my appointments only to be told the clinic was shutting its doors.. I had to beg and argue for a months script to get me by until I found another doc.. but that never happened... between doctors not having any open slots to me not pushing the issue enough I spent another 3 yrs trying to feel "normal" .. made a ton of bad decisions (that are still haunting me today) and finally got to the point to where I was getting high just so I wouldn't be sick.. I finally found a doctor with reasonable prices and a open slot.. he even prescribed me subutex because I have no insurance and it's a lot cheaper than suboxone.. that was 8 months ago and sobriety wise things are going good.. and although this post seems long theres so much more to the story.. I plan on going into the appropriate topics to tell the full story and hopefully I can get some honest and real advice.. I will say though I love being sober.. I don't crave opiates at all or that lifestyle im just looking forward to the day I can finally take a deep breath and exhale..

thanks for taking the time to read this.. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Post subject: Re: hello everyone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to you Mary!

We look forward to hearing more of your story and offering any kind of help and support you may need.

Sounds like you found a great sub doctor that is tune to your needs.

I can promise that you WILL get that honest and real advice and suggestions you are looking for here. Many members belong here with lots of knowledge and experience to offer you great advice.

You take care now and we'll chat again when more of your story is known.

Again welcome to you Mary and have a great day! :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum, Mary!!

Wow, you were off Suboxone for 3 years and still hadn't got to feeling normal, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're on Subutex and feeling good. Look forward to hearing more of your story.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome to our forum. This is such a great place to ask questions or just blog your experience.