It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's me, Queenie. Hope everyone is doing well. I have a problem. Maybe someone can help. First I want to say. I got my 2 prosthetic legs & I am walking. I walked 42 steps and 4 stairs up & down.

Now my problem. I had to be admitted to a rehab hospital for aggressive therapy for 10 days. I missed my Sub doctor appt. My hospital dr. called him & explained I was in for rehab. My sub doctor asked for my pharmacy address and said he mailed the R for subs on Tuesday, Oct 23rd. Today is Friday, the 26th. and the pharmacy says they haven't received anything. Tomorrow is Saturday. The clinic is closed until Monday. I have one 8mg Sub tablet. We have a big storm coming to New york City Monday. Being a double amputee, I can't get anywhere. What the heck do I do?

Anyone, have any suggestions?

I love you all.
Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW Quenie, Im soooooo sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there ANY way to call the dr. today????
I know its saturday, but DAMN, is there any way you can think of you can call/page/get him a message???????

if you think of someway to do THAT, I'd just let him know you DONT have the perscription yet, and you know. the storm coming and everything you just said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If not, Im not sure there's really anything that can be done, which SUCKS!!!!!!

the mail runs here locally on saturdays, maybe it'll get there TODAY???!!!!
Im crossing my fingers and toes for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do soooo hope it all works out for you, before the pharmacy's closed
if not I guess see how long you CAN go, before taking any of what you DO have left....
make it last as long as POSSIBLE.

Its GREAT TO HEAR your walking!!!!
You've made AWESOME progress, since your last update!!!!!!
seriously,,,,
GREAT PROGRESS

and I do hope things work out, sooner rather than later...............................
good to hear from ya
keep us posted!!!!
(I know you will) :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hopefully you can get it first thing Monday morning. The storm isn't supposed to get bad until the afternoon. Maybe someone at the pharm or one of your kids could bring it to you? If worse comes to worse I would cut up your tab and take 2mg a day for 4 days. It will keep you out of WD. I will be praying for you.
I'm in the same boat. I'm supposed to get my Rx on Wed. I hope my new doc will be willing to call it in early. I live on a dirt road with one outlet. The last time this happened there were wires and trees blocking the road for over a week. In fact, last year when this happened I had just gone off Sub, and having no power, heat, water, phone, cell phone, etc. for 12 days was so stressful that I ended up going back on 1 mg. what great memories :evil:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wanted to let you know that I got my Subs. Turns out the clinic was open on Saturday because of the storm, because they will be closed Monday. I took a chance and called. I was shocked when they answered. I told them the pharmacy did not get the RX and I had to have my prescription. My doctor was not there but there was a Sub doctor there that could do it.

My son-in-law picked it up and took it to the pharmacy. Well, you guys must have prayed real hard for me because they gave me 60 tabs and 2 refills. WOW!!!

Well, now the storm can come. I don't have to worry about feeling sick(my biggest fear). I hope we don't lose power.

Thank you for your prompt reply, Lillyval & Amber. You guys are great. I love you. Don't give in, don't give up.

Queenie

Post subject: Good to Hear
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:07 pm 

Hi Queenie,

I didn't get to read your post until today and now it has been all settled, that's great. Whenever there is a large disaster like Katrina I always think about those who are dependent on Subs, Methadone, or whatever. My guess after Katrina hit a lot of people went straight to the closest pharmacy and took whatever they needed to stay well. IMHO I really can't blame them if they did. We all know that a lot of folks were left w/o their meds for a long time after that hurricane.

Enough of that, it sure is good to see you back posting Queenie. Do you read the forum posts everyday or just pop in from time to time? Just curious, no need to answer.

Congratulations on getting your new prosthetic legs and the progress you've made so far. I wish you the best in further recovery and hope you'll be up and walking around sometime soon.

Rule