It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello everyone,
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, it's Queenie, I hope everyone is doing o.k. I am just stopping by to say "hello" I am doing good. I'm about to start physical therapy to learn to walk with both artificial legs. As most of you who know me, I learned to walk with one leg prosthetic but had to have my other leg amputated. So, wish me luck. My therapist has been honest with me & told me it's difficult to walk with 2 prosthetics. Also, I will be 70 in 2 months. My age doesn't help either. I am on 4mg. of Sub a day. I started with 32mgs. I don't need the Sub for pain management anymore as the worst of my pain from surgeries & amputations is gone. Thank goodness. Those of you that are just starting, hang in there. You can do it.

I wish you all the best. I will be here from time to time. I mean it when I say I love all of you dearly and wish you the best. Don't give up & don't give in.

Big Hugs, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi ya Queenie. It's really good to hear from you. And I have to say, you sound really good! Your mood and attitude - really you do. And you're down to 4 mg. How are you feeling on that? It's a coincidence, because I'm down to that same dosage. It's a long story, but my pain came back, but I think I'm starting to adjust to that finally. I had no w/d going down from 16 to 4. How was it for you?

Again, so glad to hear you sound so well. Good luck in PT, I know you'll do well.

Take care and hugs back to you. :mrgreen:

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: So Nice
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 pm 

Hi Queenie,

I always love to read your posts here. You don't post often but the ones you do tend to have a nice positive feel to them. For someone who has been through so much more than most of us, you continue to stay positive and keep moving forward. What an inspiration!

Please don't be such a stranger, we really need you posting all that positive energy here.

A big cyber hug for ya ((( )))

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Hat, Good to hear from you. In reference to the Sub mgs. Remember I went in & out of Subs because of 3 additional surgeries, including another amputation but every time I went back on subs my doctor would reduce it a bit until I reached 8 mgs. So, I had help reducing being on strong narcotics. By this I mean that whenever I went back on Subs I felt alright. I did feel strange when I went from 24 to 16. I felt sad and had insomnia. I felt restless with slight cravings. I felt o.k. going from 16 to 8 but it took a while to go that dosage. I was on 16 a long time. I feel fine on 8mgs now. I have to confess to very slight cravings, but I think it's psychological. If I see something on t.v. that shows someone in the hospital & I hear them say, "Give him something for pain" It triggers a craving in me but it goes away quickly. I'd say in minutes. So, let's hang in there. We have come this far. I hope I have no reason to have to take opiates again so I can get off Subs altogether.

Hey Rule, You flatter me so. Thank you. I try to stay positive. If I don't I will go nuts. I realize how different I feel being as they say "clean". I'm o.k. my friend. I don't know how it will feel to go from 8mg to 4mgs but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. You make sure you stay as sweet as you are. I have always gotten such nice messages from you. People like you help so much when people like me are in recovery. I will post more often, I promise. You remember what Queenie says.. Don't give up & don't give in. Big hug, Queenie.