It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone I am currently waiting to restart my suboxone after relapsing from only being on sub for 2 weeks, my relapse lasted 32 hours so I'm wondering how long I will have to wait and if I will be able to continue on my last dosage of 2.66 mg of suboxone since I have not even reached the half life of my last dose of suboxone and I never got as high as I would normally get because of the blocking effect of suboxone. I have been addicted to heroin for 4 1/2 years and have been back and forth with sub and H, this is the first time that I am on a forum telling people of my problem so I hope that it will help me stay on suboxone and eventually ween off all opiates. I may also be able to help since I have been through several inductions but never the quick turn around that I am doing now. So now I wait for the feeling I hate so much and hope it's the last time, thanks for listening. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:08 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

welcome to the forum Jerome. i can not answer your question for sure but still wanted to say hi. i too never posted on a forum until i was in search of answers about being on subs. i found this place and it has really helped. i looked and searched thru many threads here and found alot of info about the questions i was having. there are people here that are knowledgeable and will b able to answer how long. i personally waited approx. 18 hours and was in withdraw pretty good ya know the aches, snot, and i was not restarting sub. either, so good luck and dont give up trying to reach your goal and keeps us posted on how your doing the good, bad, and ugly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jerome and welcome to the forum. So you were on sub for two weeks at only 2 mg, is that correct? Then you relapsed for less than two days. When a person stops their sub for surgery or a medical procedure and they're only off it for less than 3-4 days, they only have to wait ~ 12 hours before re-starting their sub. They do NOT have to wait to go back into full withdrawals to do a full induction again.

I don't see why your situation would be any different, HOWEVER - keep in mind I am NOT a doctor nor a medical professional of any kind. I'm merely basing my opinion on that similar situation.

How long have you waited so far since your relapse? If it's been more than 12 hours, you should be safe to re-start your suboxone. That's my opinion.

Now, you've just started suboxone. Do you plan on staying on it for maintenance? If so, you'll probably need much more than 2.66 mg (where did you come up with 2.66?). Normally it's necessary for addicts on sub to be above the ceiling, which is about 4 mg. This is in order to stop your cravings and put you in a better position to NOT relapse. It's possible your very low dosage had something to do with why you relapsed - the dose was too low.

You also might consider doing more work while you're on sub. Therapy or groups or meetings. We need to do other things while on sub. Things like changing our really bad habits we picked up during active addiction, re-learn healthy coping skills, that sort of thing. Sub gives us the time while we're on it to get our heads and overall shit together. That's what we need to do if we ever plan to get off suboxone.

I'll leave it at that for now. I wish you luck. Let us know when you get back on sub.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Jerome, and welcome! Reaching out on this forum is a great thing to do. Speaking here with other addicts that have been in your shoes might give you the support that you need in order for you to stay on your subs and not relapse this time. Good luck, and please post here with any other questions that you might have, or just to keep us updated on your progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[b] Thank you to everyone that replied I waited 24 hours and took 2mg of suboxone and I feel ok, my ultimate goal is to ween off quickly from suboxone, my experience with any drug prescription or not that effects our dopamine, serotonin and so on is that eventually they stop working. I have been on some type of anti-deppresant for 28 years and for me they all have stopped working, I want to give my brain a chance to recover and hopefully start making all those feel good chemicals by itself. I have weened off suboxone twice and stayed clean for awhile but never looked for support from other people and eventually failed. The other reason I want to get off suboxone is that it constipates me so much, I am normally not regular. Hatmaker510 the 2.66 came from weening from 3mg to folding the 8mg film into 3 equal pieces to get the 2.66mg. Believe me I am afraid of stopping suboxone and my depression coming back but I'm also afraid of long term suboxone use, the later is still an option, thanks again to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wish you good luck with your plan. I hope adding some extra recovery work does the trick - it can only help! Keep us posted. We are here for you. Remember, do a long slow taper. It's best to go all the way down into the micrograms before stopping altogether.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.