It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ive been using prescription opiates on and off since 1999. I was a senior in highschool getting oc 80's for like $10 a piece and getting off like 4 times on each one. After a few months of steady use I couldnt get them all of a sudden. That was a rough time but nothing compared to what was in store years later. After that I gave them up for some time and forgot about them.
Everything was going ok. I had a kid, got married, bought a house and low and behold, after a little chitchat I founf out my neighbor loves them to. So pretty much since I bought my house in 05 Ive been on and off subs and opiates. I've never been prescribed subs but I know enough people to keep a steady supply when I need them. There was one point where I used them everyday for a couple months but mostly I'll binge opiates for a while and then use subs for a week or so and then everything seems to feel ok. As OK as it can feel until I eventually decide I want to use again. Anyway, I have been toying with the idea of getting an actual script of subs but I'm not sure I want to go there. I know its probably the right thing to do but I dont want to be on those things for an extended period of time. I feel like I would just want to sell them to get other stuff anyway. I dont know. Thanks for listening. Nice to meet all of you and again, thanks for this site.
Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome Jason i can tell you well read my reply that i posted in my interduce it is a tool you can only get clean if you want to do it.and OC i've used them before too they made me sick as hell so i keep with hydrocodine soma and xana and that is a hell of a cocktail.Trust me if you want to get clean then you'll know what is right to do good luck.

Bless Be .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jason - welcome to the forum. One thing about suboxone you should keep in mind. It will address those cravings! You won't have that deep, nagging NEED to take opiates that just won't go away. You may not want to get high AT ALL.

My experience getting on suboxone wasn't the norm, and I can tell you that when I started it, it was NOT by choice. And I had not hit bottom yet. But once I stabilized on it, no more withdrawals or cravings. My life changed quickly. There was also no more always looking for a fix; no more hiding and lying to family and friends; no more worries about getting arrested, etc etc etc.

I hope you give suboxone a chance. It can make a HUGE difference in your life.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Welcome to the Site
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:43 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Jason,
Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for your post and your Honesty! I am NOT a DR. or Health care Professional BUT, From my experience I can tell you that the medication Suboxone is only part of the Recovery that you are looking for! Suboxone is a wonderful & powerful drug no doubt. I truly believe it has helped Save my life. I also go to my counselor 1 a week and I am very active in AA But that's because I'm also am Alcoholic! When I use all three parts (Counselor, Meetings and Suboxone) along with this forum I feel like I have a fighting chance against my disease.... But If I take one of those away I start to feel a little exposed and I don't want my Addiction to have any chance to creep back in So I try to keep all my weapons at the ready :D ! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get under a Drs. care because that will give you the best shot to put this KILLER Disease in Remission!! Take care of yourself and please try to keep in touch with us...!

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

^!^!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!

Welcome! I cannot say anything better that the above post by Twinply. Almost every ORT "failure" I have heard of has come from depending on medication to do the work. IMO, all it can do is facilitate the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 pm 
Well i know for me, i use this forum as my meeting/therapist/etc. etc. I started treatment out with going to meetings but found out real quick like that it was not for me. I have tried rehab after rehab, meetings after meetings before sub treatment but never could be successful with it. Once i started sub, i figured i would give the meetings another try since i was in a better place mentally. Well all i can say is it did not go well at all. I found that i do not have the desperation that most of the people at those meetings have. I live a normal healthy happy life and never do i think of touching opiates. I have some strong beliefs about those meetings and they are not very good, so i will not include them in my post. Anyways, sub is the best treatment i've ever came across and im now 20 months drug free. It can do wanders and it has. I believe it can work for anybody that really wants to change. You have to really truly want it!! I cant stress that enough. I think getting sub through a doctor is a great idea. Goodluck and welcome to the forum!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum Jason! You are in a tough position that many of us have been through. I can say that being on suboxone regularly has completely taken my cravings away. You really have to make a commitment to it for at least a while where you aren't doing other drugs. This will give you the chance to let it work and to realize, you don't really crave those drugs anymore. Once stable you start moving forward in your life. You no longer have to plan around the roller coaster of addiction. Once you give yourself a chance to do that, you will only associate oxy with that awful roller coaster and addiction. You won't crave being high any longer, just crave stability.

I would like to make one suggestion and request however. Will you please stop taking the suboxone in between highs? There are several reasons but first and foremost, the more you do that the greater chance in the future that suboxone won't work for you. This is the one and only med of its' kind that can save your life. Don't rob yourself of that. Second, please don't buy it off the street because diversion is the one thing that threatens those of us who really NEED this drug to survive. They can pull this drug as fast as they released it and if they pull it, I will lose my life. So I ask of you to please not do this. PLEASE.

Sounds like you have some thinking to do. We are all here for you.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill