It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone! I am curious about what different methods each of you use to obtain Suboxone. I am from a small town in the deep south and there is no options for Suboxone treatment where I live. Outside of an in patient Rehab center 4 hrs away (where I was introduced to the medication) there is a doctor 2 hrs away that charges $1000.00 up front 250.00 every month after and attending a meeting 3hrs a night 3 times a week that cost any extra 450.00/weekly just to attend the mandatory meetings. That does not count the price of the meds or the drug test I have to pay 10.00 every 2 weeks for. What is everybody else doing and how much does it cost, if you dont mind telling me. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Welcome DryTide. Hello everyone else too....been away for awhile. Hanging in there. Couldn't sit still after reading DryTide's post and have to fight my knee jerk reaction to pontificate without having all the facts, but here goes. I found my doctor through the Find a physician link on the naabt.org (do I have this right?) website. In light of what you've posted, I'm really blessed with a doctor who understands and charges very fair rates. My initial intake cost around 350.00 and I see him every two months for the cost of 78.00 for a office visit. I am self pay and by far and away the most expensive part of the deal is buying the meds. I pay 196.50 for 30 tablets at a Walgreens. Some of the prices and requirements you talk about are amazing. Don't know too many people who could jump through all those hoops and fees. Good luck and hope you find some more palatable alternatives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 am 
That's total bull!! The costs you're describing are out of control!! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having to pay that much for Suboxone treatment. As Vicodumb suggested use the physician locator on the naabt website and start making some phone calls. Heck, even if you have to drive a little further, you still might save some money.
I paid around $400 for the intake and intial visit, got my script and have had to go back once a month ever since at $200 per visit (cash). The meds are expensive, yes, but if you don't stay on a super high dose you can cut that part of the cost pretty quickly. The only thing I don't appreciate about my doctor is that he says as long as I'm on Sub, I'll have to be seen once a month, period, no matter how stable, etc., he's gonna get his $200 a month! Most docs are certainly interested in making money (who isn't?) but when they're charging inordinate amounts of money, it sure seems like they're not as interested in helping us as in making big dollars!
Don't give up on this.....keep checking around and get the treatment you need and deserve!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Costs !!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I live in NW Indiana, I see a psychiatrist, he charged me $200.00 for the 1st visit, I pay him $51.00 per month for my sub script and meds to help me sleeeeep. We talk about things, I am happy with him, would not change a thing. I believe a lot of people around here are getting taken advantage of because of the nature of addiction, and then to read these Dr's only take cash, I'm sure they're paying taxes on that cash.....

----------------------------------------------------

Card carrying member of the YMCA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello.

I have been away for quite a bit. But I am going down reading everything I have missed and could not help but to reply to this post.....

I think that is waaaay high!!! Don't get me wrong, these doctors spend a friggin fortune just to run a private practice. Some make a fortune too, others don't. Some doctors are priceless and some can be worthless. I hope that you take above advice and maybe look into another doctor. I switched doctors a couple months into my recovery and now still with my 2nd doctor, who is 2.5 hours + away. The closest doctor to me is 10 miles, but I choose the one in a different state and the one that takes an all day affair, because it is worth it to me.

My first visit was $250 cash. I do not have insurance. He does accept it, also accepts credit cards but I pay all cash. It is always once a month (really it is every 4 wednesdays for me, so 28 days). The regular visits are $100 per visit. The girls take my blood pressure, weight, temp., and then I see the doctor. I can speak with him for as long as I need to, but normally he asks how things are going we speak for a couple mins, I get my script and on my way. After I get my script I go to front and give the ladies the $100. Then right across the street is a Rite Aid and I pay $292.xx for 45 - 8mg suboxone, so like $6.50 per pill roughly. I travel on toll roads, go over a bridge and drive a gas guzzler. So all in all, after fuel (funny enough, fuel is usually 30-50 cents cheaper then where I live...), tolls, any expenses, doctor visit, and script I am flirting with $500 for the month. That is fine with me cause I was spending that in a day or two just 8 months ago while in active addiction.

I hope you can find the support you need at a reasonable price. Good luck with everything, and just ask if I/we can help. Take Care!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Those prices are WAY TOO HIGH and that is outrageous. I paid about $350 for my first visit and then had to go every week the first month at I think $135. Then I went once per month at $135 or $175 if I had a UA. The meds were pretty expensive and price varied with my insurance plan but at the end it was only $70 for a month supply and insurance started picking up about 50% of my doctor visits too. Too bad I only got that deal for a couple months out of 2.5 years. Oh well.

That doc is a rip off. I found mine online the same way everyone else has indicated.

Cherie