It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello Board,

I'll try and keep this short. I started taking pain pills years ago, got them from a friend. Before long I had my own script since I started having back issues. It quickly went from bad to worse after my back surgery in 2009. I would get 150 pills at once and they would be gone within a week. I moved up to snorting my Opana's, and of course when I run out of my own script there is always that guy that will run into the city to get "H". I never shot it, always just snorted. As if that makes it ok. HA ! I was also doing Roxi's which were also snorted. I went through the typical cycle, my own script, running out, buying on the street, not being able to get it, getting sick, finally scoring. and so on and so on. Each month.

Anyway, I went through all this alone, my family didnt know I had a problem. Untill my husband realized I was taking money from him. It was either that or be sick and not be able to work or make it through the day. This is how I justified stealing. It finally came to a head and I admitted everything. I'm lucky to have the support of my husband and my kids (ages 12 and 17 ). And we all decided I should go on Suboxone.

This is day 5 of the meds and I feel great !!! I feel normal again !! I am sleeping great. Not waking up dope sick is the best feeling right ???

Looking forward to meeting some people here and getting some additional support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome and congratulations! What a great way to start 2012. I am glad that sub is working for you, it's amazing how amazing normal feels. It's great you came clean to your family and they are there to support you. So many people including myself are/were scared to tell their husbands/wives but in every case I've read their spouse has been there to support them. I guess sometimes we don't give their love enough credit.

This is a great place for support and information. It has been invaluable to my recovery and I hope you find the support you need here. I look forward to getting to know you better and Happy New Year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Breezy,

Thanks for your response !! Your so right about being afraid to tell ones spouse. But you know what ?? It was the best thing I could have done. He got right to helping me with this and actually started calling doctors to get me on Suboxone. Now, mind you, this had been after a few years of ongoing lies, and stealing from him. He really stuck with me and I thank God for that.
Here I am on day FIVE !!! FIVE !!! I still cant believe it. I feel better than I have felt in years.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi and Welcome
Glad you feel good on suboxone,
It has been wonderful for me as well. I'm in my 4th month and all is well

I do remember the first few days on Suboxone I was Stoked!!!!!

Glad you have a great support group at home, that is always a bIg +.

looking forward to getting to know you!!!!!
Mel :wink: