It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My name is Stephen. I have been on Suboxone for close to 10 months. I am currently in the process of a very slow taper. I have been totally sober for 10 months. Suboxone is a big help for me as is the SMART recovery program. Not really a 12 stepper, but I am for whatever works. Looking for a job right now and that is causing me some stress, but besides that things are going well in my life. I have great parents who have let me stay at home until I get myself on my feet. I enjoy music, sports, working out, reading and computers.

I feel like I have learned more about myself in the last few months that I have been sober than I have in several years (I don't count days). It was almost like I stopped maturing and growing. I used because I was a wuss and a big self medicator. I was too scared to get off even though it wasn't working. When I made the concreate decision to stop I found it much easier to quit than I thought it would be. I had built it up so much in my head. I knew that what I was doing was not helping.

My opiate use was basically a relapse cycle for about 8 months. I would use for a week or two, taper off and then do it all over again a month or two later. I would use some lame excuse and than off I went. I think I am lucky in that I at least knew I could taper off and stop for awhile, it gave me more confidence. I have no desire to use opiates ever again and realize that it will screw up lots and lots of hardwork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi stephent and welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm glad your sub treatment has been helpful to you. I'm also glad to hear that SMART has also been beneficial to you. Hope you stick around....CYA around the forum!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.