It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello, all!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My name is Tom and I've been trolling this site for months without joining. Briefly, I am an addict (alcohol included) and my DOC is cocaine. However, what I did over the years was to simply switch substances as I began to go down the tubes with the previous one(s). I have been lucky to have lived long enough to eventually run out of drugs to abuse!

My opiate problems began when I was in an accident that left me with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. I told the docs about my prior addiction troubles which lead to being under-medicated. If you know burn treatment, think of checking into the hospital, soaking in the Hubbard tank, then having two PTs begin debriding 15% of your skin area with NO painkillers. When I couldn't take it, I was given ONE darvocet. The next day, I was started on 75mg of demerol every 4hrs PRN....a horrible experience.

Years later, I began methadone maintenance, did well for 9yrs, switched to suboxone for 3yrs. Now, I am opiate-free for over 90 days. Obviously, this synopsis is only the tip of the iceberg....but enough for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome, Tom! It's great to have you here. Thanks for sharing another success story with us. It sounds like things are going really well for you - congrats on all of your progress.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you! I certainly have my struggles, but using isn't one of them today!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:39 pm 
Welcome!!

Congragulations!! Its always great to hear of someone who made it out on top!! I hope you'll stick around to continue sharing!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:59 pm 
MOman... I would love to hear your story....

For me. The first yr was the hardest. I had to relearn a lot. How to deal with cravings was something I didnt do while on MMT or sub for that matter. So.. the first yr was hard. I did go to extremes for my addiction and recived a tx that our gov wont let here but it did work. I still had to learn how to approach life differently, how to control knee jerk reaction.. still working on that one.

CONGRATS!!!!

Let me say I welcome you with OPEN arms. Hope your stay here is productive for your life and others.

Capt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I did post some comments on the "Rearview Mirror" section, and may type in my whole story sometime. Trouble is, when you're addiction spanned decades, its impossible to tell about it in anything but an extremely-shortened form. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.