It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello All!!! New to Site
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Guys.....Just wanted to say Hi. I only very recently discovered this site, and now find myself reading posts for hours on end to keep my mind off of the bad pills. I am all about learning new things and feel that this site is the perfect tool for those of us serious about recovery and finding true happiness. My background is was that of a normal middle-class kid. I really do not know how I became an addict, but I do know that I have been one for a very long time. My parents never had as much as a drop of alcohol when I was growing up, so I might actually have been a little late to start my experimenting with drugs/alcohol. By the time I was 16, I was actively searching for the next bigger and better high. Before the end of my sophomore year there was not a substance I had not tried (and absolutely loved). By the time graduation came around, I could not even get up to go to school without a half gram of cocaine and knew I had to get help. Although the drugs/alcohol were not affecting my school (I received a Full Scholarship to Florida State University) it was killing me on the inside. I came clean with my parents and they were dissapointed, sad, concerned, and a little angry...but VERY supportive. When I was 18 I joined the Marine Corps to get away from everything....drugs, ex's, "friends," and my parents. I was an above average Marine and was awarded/decorated at every command I served under. I completed 3 tours of duty in Iraq and decided that was enough for me. I was tired of War and Death and still had a full ride to college waiting on me. I completed a year at FSU but by the end of the second semester i was needing cocaine just to function. I decided to come back to Jacksonville and attend school closer to home. That is when I discovered Hydrocodone.....and it has been all down hill (emotionally) for me since then. I totally stopped using cocaine (haven't had a speck in over 3 years) but was heavily self medicating with Lortabs I bought on the street. My progression into full blow opiate addiction progressed similar to others on this site......Tabs to Perks to Roxy to Fentanyl to shooting/smoking/snorting any type of opiod agonist I could find. I graduated college with a Bachelors in Criminal Justice (Summa Cum Laude) and got a decent job working with Ex-Offenders. I did not have any problems using and doing good at school and work. No one knew I was using.......and no one would ever guess the amounts!!! I showed up everyday (except when my Dealer was out of town) and even got a promotion. Still....I knew the physical/emoitional toll that my addiction was taking out on me.

I first heard about Suboxone in Oct '09 and began my treatment shortly after...However two weeks after I began I took my GRE test for admittance to Grad School. I went straight from that test to the dope house and picked up on the Oxy/Roxy right where I left off two and half weeks before. My second attempt came on Jan 1, 2010 and I was more successful than I had ever been. I made it 4 weeks without using any pills (besides Subs) and thought I was "cured." Of course, I can do pills again now...right??? I mean just for a day and then go back on the Subs??...WRONG!!! I steadily spiraled out of control again and back into full time addiction. I stopped paying my bills and pawned all of my valuable (most of which were graduation gifts from my parents) just to buy more and more pills. My money problems did not go un-noticed by my Mother and It was time to break her heart again.... :( I came clean and am now THREE DAYS clean and getting ready to leave right now to go and talk to my Doc. Trust me....this is the very condensed version of my story and am willing to go into more detail if anyone thinks that they might have similar experiences or suggestions to assist me in my sobriety process.

I am 27 Y/O, 6'1", 195 lbs. I am beginning to realize that I need to figure out what it is that makes me feel I have to be messed up to go on. I have no doubt that I have PTSD, but have not been dignosed b/c when I separating from the Military that was considered a sign of weakness. I feel almost like life is boring and getting messed up is the only way to kill the monotony. I am pretty sure that I will be able to make it this time, but my fears are of having money again and caving into the constant voice in my head that says to use while you still can. I'm going to be checking with my Doc today about getting some type of mood stabilizer/anti-depressant which my parents seem to think will help. I have also started counseling at the local VA clinic. I have to go for now....but will be back after my appointment.

Again, Hello Everyone. I look forward to hearing from you.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Thistimes4real,
First let me say THANK YOU for your Service to this Country. I / We will be forever in Debt to people like you (soldiers) that sacrifice Everything so I can be safe and enjoy my life of freedom!!! As for your addiction it sounds like you are making some Big steps in the right direction... The only advice I would give you is Be straight with your Dr. and tell him everything.... That way he knows what he is dealing with and can treat you correctly. I would also suggest that you keep going to your therapy sessions. For me my Therapy, this place and my medication (Suboxone) is what I need to get through the day. I hope you keep coming back so we can keep up with your progress and Thanks again for making this world a safer place for me and my Daughters!!!! :)

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Thistime and welcome to the forum. I'm glad this site has been a good resource for you. It can also be a great support, as I'm sure you'll discover. As Twinply said, thanks for your service. (I'm an Army vet myself.)

It sure sounds like you've been on one hell of a roller coaster. Are you ready to get off it for good? It sounds like you are. Going back to your sub doc and being honest with him/her is a terrific start, as is telling your parents. And of course therapy can be a great way to start to heal. Ideally, you will be able to learn healthy coping skills so that you can deal with cravings and triggers you will have along the way. I know for me it's all about learning not to reach for a pill to cope.

I'm curious about your suboxone experience...what dose were you on? Because you relapsed I'm guessing you had bad cravings. I talk about cravings in terms of physical and psychological (just my own way of seeing it). Usually suboxone is taken at a high enough dose to saturate your opiate receptors and in essence remove the physical cravings. It's those damn psychological cravings (triggers, etc.) that are a real bitch! (Remember these are just my terms.) I bring this up because I find myself wondering about your cravings and if you were on the right dose. Of course I'm not a doctor or any kind of medical professional - just an informed, concerned, recovering addict.

Congratulations on your return to your recovery. I hope things go well with your doctor today and from here on out. I also hope that this forum can be as great a tool in your recovery as it has been for mine. Again, welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Thistimes!

Thanks for posting your story. It is always nice to know who we are talking to on here (at least a little about them). I am sure you do have PTSD and I too thank you for your service. It is too bad there is such a stigma to it when clearly it is a natural reaction to stress that anyone would get in that situation. Those who have escaped it are in the minority. I am not sure how many really do escape it. It therefore doesn't surprise me that your drug of choice became opiates since they have that nice calming, everything is ok and warm feeling which counteracts the PTSD as well as the boredom that comes following multiple deployments. (My husband is a veteran, retired Army 22 years). I would be willing to bet you haven't a clue how to just relax on your own and take it easy. It would probably cause the PTSD to act up quite frankly.

Aside from the addiction however, you are doing pretty good and are ahead of the game for 27 years old. I would have to say you are a high functioning addict so no wonder you have the idea in your mind that you could take pills again. You are probably pretty used to doing well at everything you do.....why not addiction right? Unfortunately.....none of us are immune from addiction and in fact the more intelligent you are, the greater the liklihood you you be one. But, you are doing the right thing and "this time" may very well be the ticket to some longer lasting success. It sounds like you are quite serious about this and your recovery.

I hope you stick around and let us know how the appointment goes. I'm glad you are here.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:08 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi! Welcome! I love this forum, it has helped me in so many ways. Thank you so much for your service to our country.
How did your appt go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum, Thistimes4real. I hope your appointment went well, please let us know what happened and how you are doing. I also thank you for your service.

Actually, my son is in the Navy too, and probably headed to Afghanistan soon, so every time someone in the military posts here, I feel a strong urge to reach out to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So great to have you with us Thistimes4real :)
I hope all went well with your Doc I wanted to share that personally anti depressants have helped me alot but just wanted to say that when I first started taking them I ended up feeling worse for several days before I really started feeling better a couple weeks after on them. Also Suboxone has been a huge part of my staying clean however there have been things I've had to change on my own. The most important of which I believe is how I stopped hanging around ALL people who are still using even if it's immediate family. I'll be thinking about you and your family and I certainly hope to hear back from you soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys....Thank you all for your caring and inspriational thoughts and encouragement. And to everyone You're Welcome!!!...sometimes I wish I had stayed in the military or maybe took a commission into the officer ranks. Oh Well....I guess there are alot of things I would change if I had that ability.

First and foremost....I am still clean and on DAY 4! Since everyone is interested how my Appointment went I will attempt to break it down: First, he came in and asked where I had been for the past 4 months (I stopped going in January when I lost my Health Insurance). He informed that I was off of the "Suboxone Program" at his clinic. And at first, I really thought he was angry, or worse, not going to give me the medicine when I truly need it. Since my first post was fresh in my head I decided it was time to let him know all of the other things that have been going on with me lately. We talked about the depression and mood swings. I told him how I had begun therapy at the VA and that I am fairly certain a diagnosis of acute PTSD would be following shortly. I told him that I have been drinking everyday for some time now. And we talked about my hypertension that has actually gotten worse.

Then he took out his pad and prescribed me : Citalopram (depression), Camprall (alcoholism), and Propanalol (HBP). We discussed another option called "Vivitrol???" which is also blocks opiates/reduced alcohol cravings. And finally, he wrote me a prescription for 30 8/2 Subs.

I would like to respond to each of you individually becaue all of you took the time to respond to me, but do not have the time right this second. I will say a quick something though:

Hatmaker, Before I found help I was snorting a minimum of 150-180mg oxycodone a day. When I orginally began Suboxone in October I started with 16mg/Day. 1/2 tablet 4x Day. The next month he dropped me to 45 pills (1/2 tab 3 x day) and I stayed at that dose up until my last appointment with him at the very beginning of the year. Of course, I was not being entirely honest with my doc b/c I was still using at the same time I was going in to get my Subs. Yesterday he prescribed me 30 Tablets and told me to take 1/2 2 x a day (Which is what I told him I had been taking for the past 3 days). Right now the physical cravings are not bad but I am constantly thinking pill,pill,pill. I know that It is going to take me being strong about this in order to kick it for good.

Jackcrack, Yes I was a high functioning addict. No one ever even questioned that I was high when at work or at school. My own mother can not tell if I am high (and frankly her accusing me everytime we talk now is getting really old!!! but i know she is just trying to help). I would have to say that you are pretty dead on about being able to excel, but the real bitch is that it doesn't make a bit of differnece if I'm not right on the inside. Many successes have yet to bring true joy to my life. I just want you to know that I am serious and that you and everyone else's quick reply was greatly appreciated!

Finally, Matt, Thanks for the heads up about the anti-depression meds. Have you heard of or had any experience with Citalopram (Celexa)??? And about the friends situation.....That is becomming more and more apparent everyday. To be honest, I don't really have any friends that do not use something (opiates/marijuana/cocaine/alcohol). It almost feels like a catch 22 b/c its either hang out with them and be constantly reminded of drugs or don't and be a loner. I know that the key is to find new friends, and hopefully that process has already begun by posting on this site.

OK everyone...until next time
-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Naltrexone, which is one of the ingredients in Suboxone, is marketed as "Vivitrol" It has been used to treat cravings for Alcohol. It is used in suboxone to discourage addicts from injecting it, because under the right conditions it will produce instant and intense withdrawal. My doctor, at first, thought it might be something for us to explore if I got off the suboxone, but over time it became clearer and clearer that I am likely a long-term candidate for suboxone or methadone treatment - sometimes referred to as "Opiate Replacement Therapy."

I just read recently that it is actually recommended that people with Hepatitis C get on and stay on opiate replacement therapy if they have a long-term drug abuse history like me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey thistime and All -

I don't know if anyone gets confused like I do about 2 different drugs (yet similar in their action).

They are 'naloxone' and 'naltrexone'.

Today, I spent a few minutes trying to compare the 2 medications. I found that wikipedia has done a good job in this case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naltrexone and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naloxone

I guess my post here is just to let everyone know (and especially new people) that suboxone is a combination of 2 medicines: buprenorphine, and naloxone.

In some way's it really doesn't matter - as both of the nalxxxx medications are both block medications.

Where I always get confused is mixing them up. Naloxone, outside of suboxone to prevent injection, is used typically for opiate overdose in emergency rooms.

Naltrexone is used for longer term treatment. Not only for opiate abuse, but cocaine and alcohol abuse as well. Thistime - this is the 'vivitrol' you mentioned. It is available as implants and other ways.

We had a thread about 'rapid-detox' a while ago. They typically use a naltrexone method post anesthesia. Naltrexone blocks opiates and other drugs. It's not a magic bullet though, in my opinion. :)

Anyway - just $.02 for anyone who cares. 2 different drugs. Similar in chemical impact to the human body.

Lastly, it might be good to state that naloxone (in suboxone) has very poor absorption in the stomach/gut. When we take naloxone sublingually, and swallow or whatever the naloxone - it is filtered out, or not absorbed.

I understand there are oral - pills? of naltrexone that are absorbed. That would be a big difference.

Welcome to the forum, and I also want to thank you for serving our country!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Thistime I'm hoping the medication begins to help. I actually took Vivitrol during the time I was clean before I started on Suboxone. It certainly helped knowing that I couldn't get high but I still had really bad cravings and in a way it made me feel abusing other drugs that could ease the PAWS I was going through. I'm certainly not saying it couldn't work to help keep me clean if I had chosen to continue on it instead of switching to Suboxone but it just didn't seem to get rid of my "obsession" to abuse opiates. It was also scary when I found out that if I were to relapse while staying on the vivitrol, like if I decided to not show up at the doctor's office to get the montlhy injection that I could potentially OD as a result of the increased sensitivity to opiates that the naltrexone maintenance can cause. So anywho those are the reasons I ended up seeing Suboxone as a better treatment choice for myself.

Anywho I have actually heard of individuals having luck with Celexa but like I mentioned before it took me a little while of feeling worse after starting antidepressants for me to start feeling better. So I'd basically just hope that if u you don't have like a severe reaction or your doctor tells you to stop taking the medication that you're able to continue on it long enough to make it to the point you notice an improvement.

Finally it really was difficult for me to find friends that didn't "use" but they are out there:) I kept trying to tell myself that staying clean was just too difficult for us younger people but I now know that was just addictive thinking trying to get me into using once again. I had to try meeting new people and going to new places to meet anyone who didn't "use" and it was really hard given how introverted I am BUT it was so worth it in the end. I also experimented with new hobbies that I normally wouldn't have thought I would like just to meet new people that don't use. It all just came down to how much I wanted it I guess and I'm sure if I can manage to stick it out then you surely can as well because, well, I'm a real panzy sometimess lol! I just really didn't want to use anymore and both continuing to hang around others who still use and completely cutting myself off from others both weren't very condusive to me staying clean.

Hang in there and I look forward getting another update on your situation :lol:

Post subject: Welcome!!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thistimes4real - Sorry for chiming in late but like other's I would like to thank you for your service.....It's an honor for me to be able to share with you. If you really want to be free of using deep down inside you will be able to do it with Suboxone. You said something very powerful that hit me in your first post I quoted it below.

"I made it 4 weeks without using any pills (besides Subs) and thought I was "cured." Of course, I can do pills again now...right??? I mean just for a day and then go back on the Subs??...WRONG!!! I steadily spiraled out of control again and back into full time addiction."

I will admit I have had those exact thoughts here and there. To be honest, it really puts me in fear. Thinking I could switch back and forth between Sub and Oxy and live a normal life. Reading what you just said answered my thoughts rather quickly. So, I want to thank you for sharing that because you actually reached out to me. You probably didn’t even realize you could help another addict already.

I too was able to work a full time job, go to school and pull straight A's and slide around without anyone knowing (or at least that's what I thought).. My mom was clueless for sure....When I told her I was snorting Oxy's she just about fell over. For me though, at the end, I was beginning to lose control. My wife knew of my relapse and I was beginning to destroy our relationship...at the same time for the first time I was using credit cards to pay bills and my cash for my bills went to my pills. I now have debt that is going to take years to pay off. This debt only took six months or so to build up to a massive amount.

I also have been using opiates since my mid twenties and I'm now 37. So, yes, I was able to keep a full time job....but emotionally I lost my self... If I didn’t get on Suboxone (wanted to be clean too), I really think my bottom was coming quickly. I too am taking an anti-depressant called Lexapro. Suboxone and Lexapro have stabilized me big time.

Once last note – I never was a big drinker unless I was using Oxys. I did like having a few drinks on the weekend though. Since my induction on Suboxone (December of 09) my urge to drink has been lifted completely too. I don’t even want to drink it’s the craziest thing; I just don’t have ANY urge. So, I hear around the forum and my doctor the Naloxone in Suboxone is responsible for this.

Anyways, you have received a lot of advice already, I just wanted to share with you because your story interested me. Welcome to the forum and keep up the nice work! Keep posting and stick around. SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys....just wanted to check in with everyone to let you know I am still doing good. Almost a week now and still have not taken a pain pill! The oxy should be out of my system pretty shortly...if not already???? Any guess anybody??? I was thinking about buying an over the counter drug test to check.........I am excited to show my Mom a negative test : )

I did not have the funds to fill my prescriptions until yesterday, so it was not until this morning that I took the Celexa for the first time. I do have to admit that this has been the worst day of my experience (This Time) so far. I have been lethargic and tired feeling all day. My stomach was upset and a general cloudy feeling in my head. Basically, I just feel bad, even as I sit and type this. But, thanks to Matt and my Dad I was prepared. I will continue taking the meds as prescribed and trust that I will be feeling better shortly. There is the possibility that this feeling is psycho-somatic.

I am not "craving" pills or alcohol right now. And although I will readily admit I am an alcoholic (based on the fact that I seem to drink everyday), I do not, nor have I ever, had "cravings" for alcohol. Alcohol has caused me many problems in my life and I used to do very irrational things while drunk. However, now I tend to chalk those experiences up to being "young." I have not had a alcohol-related incident in over 3 years now and have gone a week at a time without consuming any alcohol on several occasions. I would like to qualify this statement, however, by noting that I have had extreme cravings for pills and cocaine (when i was using).

All I can think of to say right now is that I am damn glad that I found this site! It has SOOOOO much info and I find myself reading threads for hours on end. I used to think I knew it all............ but the reality is that I know all of the wrong things. I am determined to make this work and look forward to getting to know the members of this site and doing whatever I am able to do to help others, like you guys have helped me. It is getting late and I am fading fast. I sure do hope that I feel better tomorrow. My dad suggested taking my anit-depressant tomorrow before I go to bed, instead of first thing in the morning. Maybe i'll try that......i'll keep you posted......

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to hear you're doing so well. You have a very positive attitude and I believe that will serve you well. I've tried many antidepressants over the years and went on Celexa this pasts January. It's helped me immensely. I have no side effects to speak of - at least none that I've noticed.

Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LatheDude wrote:
Hey thistime and All -

I don't know if anyone gets confused like I do about 2 different drugs (yet similar in their action).

They are 'naloxone' and 'naltrexone'.

Today, I spent a few minutes trying to compare the 2 medications. I found that wikipedia has done a good job in this case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naltrexone and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naloxone

I guess my post here is just to let everyone know (and especially new people) that suboxone is a combination of 2 medicines: buprenorphine, and naloxone.

In some way's it really doesn't matter - as both of the nalxxxx medications are both block medications.

Where I always get confused is mixing them up. Naloxone, outside of suboxone to prevent injection, is used typically for opiate overdose in emergency rooms.

Naltrexone is used for longer term treatment. Not only for opiate abuse, but cocaine and alcohol abuse as well. Thistime - this is the 'vivitrol' you mentioned. It is available as implants and other ways.

We had a thread about 'rapid-detox' a while ago. They typically use a naltrexone method post anesthesia. Naltrexone blocks opiates and other drugs. It's not a magic bullet though, in my opinion. :)

Anyway - just $.02 for anyone who cares. 2 different drugs. Similar in chemical impact to the human body.

Lastly, it might be good to state that naloxone (in suboxone) has very poor absorption in the stomach/gut. When we take naloxone sublingually, and swallow or whatever the naloxone - it is filtered out, or not absorbed.

I understand there are oral - pills? of naltrexone that are absorbed. That would be a big difference.

Welcome to the forum, and I also want to thank you for serving our country!

Thanks for that information, I always get the two mixed up.

Post subject: Naloxone
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Question all??? I can tell you from my personal experience, I'm not an alcoholic but I used to enjoy a few drinks on the weekends.. Ever since I started Suboxone I haven't had a single urge to drink on the weekends. Never. I mentioned this to two separate doctors why is this. One from the clinic where I had my induction and my current doctor now that prescribes me Sub. When I told the clinic this they all smiled and said "Yep, we hear this a lot". I actually mentioned this while I was checking out. Now my doctor told me that you do absorb some of the Naloxone when it is swallowed but not much at all. He also stated many of his patient's have commented that they no longer urge alcohol too once starting Sub. I find this very interesting for me, as this was one of my main problems in the program. I always wanted a beer during a football game and it would drive me nuts as alcohol was not a problem for me. Now that I'm on Suboxone, I just don't want to drink at all. It doesn't matter if there's a great football game on, I just don't want to drink... This is a blessing for me.

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Many people, including lots on this very forum, report having no interest in drinking alcohol while on suboxone. It is very interesting, because naltrexone is the drug that's also used for alcohol treatment (per LatheDude's post above), but it's not in suboxone. Suboxone's inactive ingredient is naloxone. So I can't say why most of us simply don't care to drink anymore. Perhaps because we're happy in recovery and don't need the buzz alcohol can provide anymore? I honestly don't know, but I'm sure it's more complicated that that. LOL.

There was a thread a few months back that talked about this very subject. Unfortunately I can't remember what topic it was under. If I can find it I'll come back and post it.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better response to your question, SuperBuper.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hat - Thanks for your reply....Sorry so long for my reply...crazy days lately.. Anyways, I agree it is interesting but for me, it has to be the Naloxone doing something. When I was in the program at the beginning of recovery, I was going to 10 meetings a week and I was on that pink cloud. Happy as can be but I always dreaded the weekends, holidays, special events etc...as I always wanted that social drink. On Suboxone, during holidays with people drinking all around me, I just don't care, I don't want it. I never get the "Why me" attitude. In the program you learn it's best to stay away from these environments as you can get caught in the moment. For me being on Suboxone, it's like having this force field around me. My thinking around people drinking is completely different... There is no urge, I have never experienced this before until I started Suboxone. Like you said, it's interesting and probably more complicated. All I know is that I have never felt recovery to be so easy in my life being on Suboxone....I guess "Addiction Remission" is reality.

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know what you mean about being around people drinking and just not caring or needing to drink. Whenever I do drink (which is occasionally at most), it's never more than two drinks and to be honest I don't even feel anything from it, except maybe some dehydration. There have been times when I've had a couple beers in the house for months at a time without ever touching them. Can you imagine having pain pills in the house and never touching them? LOL - not a chance in hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's another nice benefit FOR ME being on Suboxone and going to a therapist. I have the choice if I choose to have a social drink or not.. I express once again this is FOR ME, drinking has never been a problem. I too have had people over that have brought beer and they sit in the frigerator for months... My friends will come back over and say "Those are the same beers"... and they laugh. Also, my wife can now enjoy a drink on the weekends and I'm not sitting there with the "Why Me" attitude. Like you said earlier (similar), I feel the same way, I am just so happy with myself lately; I just don't feel the need to drink to relax. I'm just so content with myself since starting Suboxone.....One problem I do have is social anxiety. This started after stopping full agonists. Once starting Suboxone this has decreased but I still have it. May be a nice idea for the meetings...May have to post that over there.

Oh pain pills in the house.....lmao.... There is no chance when I was in active addiction that they would be able to sit there for days even.. If they were in my house I would be in trouble. My disease would gain control over my thoughts and keep whispering to me and reminding me they are there. Have a good one!

SuperBuper