It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello out there,

I stumbled onto this site recently while doing suboxone research, and i am very happy to be here.

Here is my story.....

I am a 23 year old male living in NJ going to Rutgers, full time student looking to graduate in a year and start planning my life accordingly. I have not had a easy life, at age 16 my father passed away due to a heart attack very suddenly. I know that addiction is my own fault but i can't help but think this has pushed me further in this direction. In high school i was an all round athlete and only drank. After my dad passed i started smoking pot daily. When i went to college i got introduced to low mg perc's (5's and 10's) which i only took randomly. Im not even sure when it got to this point but over the past 2 years i have been sniffing roxies and oxys about 100mg a day. This addiction has become not only mental but physical as well.

i have decided suboxone is the only way for me to take control of my life again. i found a sub doctor who takes my insurance and i have gone to my 1st appointment about a month ago. my problem has been that i cant even function in my daily life of school and work 6 days a week to manage to stay clean long enough to go to a follow up appt while withdrawing to get my initial suboxone script. my doctor has said i need to come in full withdrawal which has been a real issue for me.

however, over this past week i have decided its time, i took off work and since i have off from school for the holiday it has given me the ideal opportunity to make this happen. my appt is set for tomrw at 11am where i hope to get my script of subs.

my usage over this week has been only so i could participate in thanksgiving events with family. i have been clean since friday so i am hoping to god that i am going to be able to get my script tomorrow, otherwise i fear i will have to continue using just to make it through school and work.

i am currently dealing with hot/cold sweats, cannot sleep more than a couple hours at night, restless arms/legs, body aches, and loss of appetite.

If anyone has any advice for me or words of encouragement, it would be very appreciated. it is very hard for me to deal with withdrawal.

Thank you all and i will continue to post and use this site as i move forward with fighting this addiction.

-B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi NJDevil and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're REALLY READY to make this happen! Good on you. You should be proud of yourself. It's a big step, but definitely one for the better.

From your description of your symptoms, I would say that it sounds like you should be ready for your induction tomorrow. Just don't take anything else between now and then. You might want to Google the COWS worksheet. It's used to help you determine the state of your withdrawals. It will help you figure out if you're in mild, moderate, or severe withdrawals. I believe for an induction to be "successful" (no precipitated withdrawals) that you only have to be in mild-to-moderate.

I hope this helps. Again welcome and do let us know how it goes tomorrow. And let us know if you have any questions.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the support HatMaker,

I am very anxious to get to my appointment tomorrow, i probably wont sleep a wink tonight. I will def stay strong and abstain from any opiates, i just hope tomorrow is the day i can start to get my life back. I did look over the COWS worksheet and i do believe i am in mild-moderate withdrawal. These hot/cold sweats are killing me, body aches are brutal. I am preaching to the choir i know. Thank you again for the support, it means the world.

-B

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A side note, i was able to acquire 2 suboxone 8mg off the street. Should i just wait til my appointment tomorrow and not even consider taking any sub today? I have never taken suboxone before in my life and heard that if taken to early can be the worst experience of anyones life, so i am leaning towards not taking any today.

-B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If I were you I wouldn't take any sub on your own. You've waited a long time for this and you don't want to do anything to jeopardize your new relationship with your doctor. If you went in, having taken some already, you likely wouldn't be in withdrawals anymore (depending on how much you took), and the doctor would want to know what's going on. I say better safe than sorry. I know, you probably don't want to hear that. I know it's hard. During withdrawals, every minute feels like an hour! Just try to keep yourself as busy and occupied as possible. You WILL get through this; just keep reminding yourself that it's only temporary. You'll feel so much better by this time tomorrow. Keep posting on here if you need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you again HatMaker,

You are right, i have put this off for too long and now is the time. I will be posting frequently throughout the day. I cannot wait to go to the doctor tomorrow. For some reason i am still fearful that i will b denied suboxone treatment. I know this is probably just me being negative, but if i cant get my script tomorrow i dont know what i am going to do. My doctor is only in on mondays and thursdays, and i have classes mon-thurs and work mon-fri. Daily life is unbearable while withdrawing.

-B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Can anyone tell me what i should expect tomorrow at the sub doctor appointment? Again it will be my 2nd appointment, so a followup from my 1st and hopefully the day i will start on suboxone.

Any thoughts or comments are welcomed.

-B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your doctor didn't tell you what to expect? That stinks. Every doctor seems to induce people differently. S/he might hand you a prescription and have you go pick it up at the pharmacy and bring it back to the office to take it there. Others might give you the prescription and send you on your way to induce at home. If you have time before your appointment you could always call the office ahead of time and ask them what to expect.

Usually you'll take 4-8 mg first, then wait up to a couple of hours and if need be you'll then take more. But like I said, every doctor is different. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hope your still doing well. the subs will def make you feel better once you get them in your system. I know the w/ds suck, we all do. anyways i went to my dr and they said i wasnt in enough w/ds so i had to wait to the next day. in the meantime he sent me on my way and i had to go to work. He didnt seem to understand that i couldnt just take the day off or i would get a write up so i went a got a 1/2 of a perk 30 and took it at 4pm. I was so sick at work i made up an excuse to leave and went and got the pill. I then didnt take anything for the next 20 hours. I was taking so much at the time that 20 hours clean put me into bad w/ds, worse then the previous day. When i went back i was all good with the doctor. My point is def dont take anything because you dont wanna get in a position where they dont think your w/ding enough and wont give you a script.

Post subject: Hi NJDevil
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My name is Queenie. I can't help wondering how you are doing. You still have to make it through the night and I know it's not easy.

Withdrawl is one of the things I fear the most. The word alone horrifies me. Just think, it won't be long now. Like Hat said, keep busy. I know it's very hard. Believe me, I know. It will be over soon and you can go back & read this knowing you are feeling better.

By this time tomorrow you will be either sleeping or awake feeling so much better. I know you are worried about the dr. not giving you the script. If I were you, I wouldn't worry. I doubt if any decent Sub dr. is going to let you continue in withdrawl.

I had the same feelings you did once. My sub dr. retired and gave me a tel# to call. He said"this is your new Sub dr." and that was it. Here I was with 3 subs left. At that time my dr. had me on 8 mgs. in the a.m. and 8mgs. in the p.m. Also, I was short because dummy me took some extra that month. I should have had 7 but had only 3 I took one and I called the tel# and got a voice mail. "Oh no, are they kidding?" I was in a panic. When I had 1 day to go & 1 sub, my phone rings. The new sub Dr. "Come in tomorrow at 11:00 a.m." I told him I had one sub left because I stretched them. "Don't take it." O.K. Next morning I was feeling a little crappy, not a lot. I was honest with my new dr. & he gave me a script for 60 subs. I was to take 8 & 8 just like my old doctor had me on. I have been with this DR. 3 months now & couldn't be happier. He also put me on anti-depressants because I am depressed and the subs gave me insomnia. I am sleeping well now. He also recently put me on chronic pain management. upped my subs and I am to take 2 extra strength Tylenol every 6 hours, pain or no pain. I have Rheumatoid and osteo Arthritis and an amputation of my left leg and I am in pain a lot.

I hope you let us know as soon as you get back and take your Sub. I just know you will feel better. Promise you will stay at our forum and let us know how it turned out.

See? All this time you were reading made more time pass and brought you closer to your appointment.

Just hang in there. Soon it will be better. Keep focusing on that.

Love & hope, Queenie

p.s write to me all you want if it makes the time go by or if it makes you feel better to write. I'm here for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hope everything worked out good for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all,

FINALLY! The appointment went very well..i was in agony and upon arrival my doctor went right into the COWS examination. I told him why it had taken me so long to make it to this point and was very honest. I could not even sit due to extreme restlessness. I paced the office while my doctor wrote up my suboxone prescription. He gave me twelve 8 mg pills until Thursday ( 3 a day) when i will have another follow up. Today i took 16 mg and feel no withdrawal, life is amazing. I am so happy i cannot even explain it. This is my time to take control of my life again!!!!! WOOO! :D

Life is good...just going to take it one day at a time.

Thank you all again for the support...if i had not stumbled upon this forum i really dont know if i would have been able to stay clean until this appointment. I will be here for a long while and look forward to continuing to post and aid others who need it.

My plan is to just tell him i took 3 a day instead of just 2. i figure it cannot hurt to have a little extra suboxone in case something happens to go wrong somewhere down the road.

-B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

awesome!!! im really happy that it went well for you!!! i remember induction and how amazed i was that i felt "normal" for the first time in a long time. i had the same concerns as you about subs, anyways im glad they are working for you. good luck!!! if you need anything or have questions feel free to pm me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YAY YOU!!! I'm so glad the induction went smoothly. I don't blame you for taking only 16 mg instead of two, especially if you feel good on that dose. And there is nothing wrong with building a back-up stash of subs. Many of us do it, including me. It comes in handy and doesn't leave you waiting for your next prescription should anything go wrong. I'm also glad that you plan on sticking around here. This is a great forum and it has helped in my recovery immensely, not to mention I've learned so much since I've been here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always nice to hear another suboxone success story! Good for you!

Post subject: Yay for you
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am so happy to hear that all went well and you are feeling better.

I thought about you last night and was sending positive thoughts your way so that all turned out well and you were better.

Yes, Suboxone is great. You sound very positive. I am so happy for you.

Please keep writing to us and we have a chat room also. If you feel like just talking, let me know & I can go to the chat room and meet you there.

You can live again!
Love & hope, Queenie

Post subject: Congrats!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

NJDevil - Congrats!!! Your story sounds so familiar. It's so nice to hear that story to remind me of the nightmares and the pain of my using days. I was reading your first post word for word and then I began reading all of the other posts. I was getting so excited as I was going down the posts and even nervous at the same time. It's so nice to hear another success story.

Hope to see you stick around this forum as it's the bomb!

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for the positive vibes and support! i am a week clean as of today and i am totally amazed!!!!!

I went to a follow up appointment with my sub doctor yesterday where i told him i was able to level off at about 16 mg a day so he wrote me a script for 20 subs and told me to come back in 10 days. i was in and out of there within 10 min...kinda crazy.

i'm very happy that i can post my thoughts and concerns about anything on here, it makes me have some peace of mind knowing i can rely on everyone here for support and knowledge about this process.

i was wondering....has anyone ever gotten a VERY strong headache from suboxone? maybe when you first started taking it like myself? because i took 2 mg....waited 2 hours and then took another 2 mg. went on feeling 100% through the rest of that day and even into the next day when i woke up. i kinda felt even "high" from it which i wasnt expected. my eyes were pinned when i woke up and i felt kinda off but still 100%. shortly after my head starting hurting so bad it almost made me sick to my stomach. this was about 12-16 hours after i had taken my last 2mg dosage of sub.

since then i have been kinda scared to take the sub, thinking it could happen again.

could this just be my body getting used to taking this medication? i really dont ever take more than 2mg at a time and i usually never need more than 4 mg a day. i am still trying to get on a schedule that works for me. THIS STUFF IS SO STRONG I AM REALIZING QUICKLY!!!

i have been taking the sub usually only when i know i dont have to leave my house for a while because in case something goes wrong and i need to lay down due to another massive headache.

any thoughts or comments are welcome, thank you all for the love and support!

-B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First - the headaches....Try spitting out instead of swallowing after the tablet (or strip) has dissolved (and holding it in your mouth for 15-20 min). Some people do get headaches, possibly from the naloxone in the suboxone.

So are you taking 16 mg a day or 4? I think I'm confused. I believe the reason it's making you feel a little "high" is because you are below the ceiling (around 4 mg). Try taking your dose all at once instead of 2 mg at a time. The idea is to have your opiate receptors saturated, which is at or above the ceiling, because at low doses sub acts more like a full agonist - thus causing that almost high feeling. If this doesn't make sense or you have questions, please let us know and I'll try to be clearer.

Hope this helps! Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Post subject: Keep working it
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

NJDevil - Hat gave you some great advice. It sounds strange but taking more may actually help take away some of the negative side effects. The mild opiate buzz will wear off in time when the receptors get immuned to the Buprenorphine. It is important that you get to the 32mg ceiling. Don't give up and please keep us posted. Enjoy your freedom!

SuperBuper