It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My name is Jesse. I am a 32 recently divorced mother of a wonderful 7 year old girl. I have also been battling drug addiction since my early teens. I would always jump from substance to substance when one wasn't "doing it" for me any more or my life was getting too miserable. Until I found opiates. Loved them!!! ... At first. Then, as I'm sure you can understand, they quickly started destroying my life. After trying many other methods I am now on suboxone and have an amazing doctor in the Nashville Tennessee area. In the past 5 months so many great things have happened in my life it's almost hard to comprehend. I now have my own apartment, I have developed a close relationship with my child, and I started a very good job with Nissan a few weeks ago. Not only did suboxone take away my crazy intense cravings but it lifted the crippling depression I have lived under over half my life. Along with my doctor and my therapist, and good old fashioned hard work, my life is on a good path now. I have been lurking around on this site for answers to various little questions I've had about suboxone and found the site so helpful I decided to sign up and officially introduce myself. So, hello all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jesse,

Welcome to the forum!! I'm glad you're doing so well on Suboxone, that's great to hear!!

Congrats on getting your own apartment, deepening your relationship with your child and your new job!! Actually, I believe we ship a couple of our parts to the Nissan plant that you work at? I'm on the Kentucky-Tennessee border. Holy Cow, was your summer as ridiculous hot as ours was?

Anyway, glad you found this site to be helpful. If you have any other questions about Suboxone, ask away.

Post subject: Hot hot hot!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Romeo!
Thanks for the welcome! I live near and work in decherd tn, do you ship there? What do you make? And YES our summer was ridiculous!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jesse,

We ship to the Smyrna, Tn plant.

Yeah, about the summer, I have never seen it get so dang hot here. We had that run of temperatures that were in the 100's and I was ready to pack up and move to Alaska!!! LOL. Thankfully, things started to cool off here over the last few days....YAY!!!!

So, you've been on Suboxone for about 5 months now? Isn't it amazing how fast Suboxone helps us to pull our heads out of our butts? I was stunned at how well Suboxone worked for me. Like you, I had used drugs of one kind or another since I was a teenager, with opiates being the final drugs I was on. When I finally got on Suboxone it was like, BAM, it all stopped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]WELCOME Jesse[/marq]

Thats SOOOO great that everything is coming together for you!!! I was kinda surprised at how much I got 'back together'
after only a few months on suboxone, after doing 10 + years of damage!! I mean when you think about it, thats pretty
fast,right???? :D :D :D
Im not saying its not hard, by any means. but DEFINITELY worth it!!! I too, see my 3 year old son in a 'new light'
Guess I just really wasnt ABLE to see what I had, when I was using.

but thats all over,,,,, SOOO glad!!!

There's alot of GREAT people here, I think you'll find a ton of support. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may
have.

Welcome, again, and so glad to see your doing great things.
Good luck on everything you do!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello JesseRyan and welcome to the forum!!!! You sound a lot like I did, when eerything finally started coming together in my life! It's like I knew that things weren't as good as they could be, I just didn't have the frame of mind necessary to make them happen.
Thanks to sub I was able to focus on the most important things in my life. And that would be my son. He really is a blessing and I hate to think of how much more time oculd have been wasted had I not been blessed with this opportunity.

You sound like things are going great for you, and I am glad to hear it! Like Amber said, there are a ton of great members here. I am confident that you will find all of the support that you need. And as Romeo said, if you have any questions, just ask. Everyone here (most everyone) is very supportive and would do anything to help ya out!

Keep up the good work and again, Welcome!!![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome JesseRyan! Yep, you found a good place here, that's for sure. I've been on subs now going on 4 months and I too, cannot believe how quickly things started changing for me right after I started the med. I also have a little girl, she's 16 months old, she keeps me very busy, but I look at her in a whole new light and like Goinstrong says "I can't imagine what it would be like if I had missed anymore time with her chasin pills. I take in everything about her, I play with her, spend good quality time with her. Not, her sitting in the back seat in her carseat while mommy drives around lookin for pain pills. What a hot mess I was... but, now things are changing for us. We are getting caught up on bills, slowly but surely. Those darn pill habits can get quite expensive!

Glad you're here! If you need anything, have questions, hop on and someone will get back to ya usually pretty quickly.

Congratulations and Good Luck with everything. See ya around the forum!!!