It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello i've been using subx. for about 9 months i was an addict for way over 5 years this is hard for me but i feel what they hell ! Here are ppl that are going threw the same shit that i am. I'm hear to testfy that this drug works.I try to stop using on my own but could never do it. The dopesick you feel is the wrost you could ever go threw well for me it was!I though i was gonna die at 1st when i started sub. but it got better as the weeks went on and even better when i was clean and taking sub. months after. Thank God For This Drug !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello BBQ and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on 9 months of addiction remission! It's amazing the change in us, isn't it? I know suboxone helped me completely turn my life around. Glad you joined the forum - stick around and keep posting. Again, welcome.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Welcome!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello BBQ,
Welcome to the Forum. I am glad to see you posting and sharing your story. By doing so you will help others who are fighting the same disease that you are. It is comforting to know that we are NOT alone in our fight to stay alive while fighting this disease that wants us DEAD.... I also think of Suboxone as a Miracle. Its is only part of my Recovery as is sharing out here. But with the Counseling I receive, the meetings I attend and the right medicine I have a real chance to keep this disease and My Alcoholism in REMISSION!!! Again thanks for stopping by and posting and Please come back and do it Often. We love to hear from you! Best of luck in your Recovery!

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Sorry to make this my first post. I will introduce myself in a minute. I'm just wondering, as far as being "clean" is concerned. Is one considered clean while on Suboxone. I always felt that was the case but other people seem to think clean is taking nothing whatsoever. Congrats on your 9 months, I hope I can say that in 9 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Smokey4009 wrote:
Sorry to make this my first post. I will introduce myself in a minute. I'm just wondering, as far as being "clean" is concerned. Is one considered clean while on Suboxone. I always felt that was the case but other people seem to think clean is taking nothing whatsoever. Congrats on your 9 months, I hope I can say that in 9 months.

Well i see what your saying but this is clean for me the most my head and my body has been clear.It started with an accident years ago and i took more of the meds for it then it was out of control.takin 4 10mg hydrocodine to 30 and even 40 when i can aford it. That shit made me loss almost everthing i had and it would have cost me my life.My doc. told me it would be prob 2 years. I started out with 4 8mg sobx. now im down to half that.Sobx is a tool too help you get threw it cause the sickness form the WD is the wrost thing ever and it realy mess's up your mind as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi smokey and welcome. I'll be looking for your introduction post. Ah the "are-you-clean-on-suboxone" question. Yes, I believe you are clean (although I hate that word) being on sub. All of those self-destructive behaviors that you had while in active addiction are gone, right? No obsession to take more sub, no stealing/lying to get it, no negative consequences....etc etc. Are you altered/high while on sub? Do you take it to numb yourself or escape? That's how I look at the whole "clean" definition.

Now there are people who think we're not clean, though. A good many of them are in 12-step programs - they are all abstinence all the time. Some don't even think you're clean if you take an antidepressant. People who think this way tend to not understand addiction and how suboxone works - at least that's what I think.

This discussion is linked to the one that asks if we are addicted or dependent on sub. The answer is we are only dependent on it, for all the same reasons I gave above.

I could go on with this subject, but I think you get the gist.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No obsession to take more sub, no stealing/lying to get it, no negative consequences....etc etc

There you go i agree with everything you said there that about sums it up and the 12 step thing never work for me and rehab i myself couldnt aford to go to on i did it on my on and with sobx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you'll find the vast majority of people on this site, including me, consider being on suboxone clean. Suboxone is a medicine that helps addicts end their active addiction. Just like Tylenol helps people with headaches. Tylenol is a drug. Why do people who take Tylenol consider themselves clean and not on a drug? Just because you don't need a prescription for it doesn't mean it's not a drug.

Most people around here use the comparison of a diabetic using insulin. Is the diabetic not 'clean' because he uses insulin, which he is totally dependent on? Of course, no one would say the diabetic person is not "clean".

If you consider yourself clean while on Suboxone, I say more power to you and were with you!