It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hearing issues?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, im new to suboxone, on day 3 so far and im experiencing a weird side effect that i havent seen anyone mention in the forum. When it kicks in, my hearing gets weird. I guess the best way to explain it is i feel like i have water in my ears, everything sounds muffled. This lasts for an hour or two, then goes away. I have taken lots of different narcotic pain killers in the past and never have experienced this with any of them. Just started taking suboxone for my chronic pain and its working awesome so far, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Post subject: Re: hearing issues?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Neo,

Hmmm, that's a new one, I don't recall ever seeing anyone mention this side effect before. I'm sorry that I can't help you out with any advice. Have you recently changed anything else? Maybe started or eliminated another medication that could be causing it? Is it possible it could be sinus or inner ear related swelling or stuffiness?

Maybe someone else will come along with a better idea soon. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. I saw your other post a bit ago that explained how you were placed on suboxone for pain management. It sounds as if you have had a hard time with your pain management doctor. It's a shame that these doctors have such a bad attitude toward their patients that are only trying to get adequate pain relief. I'm happy that you were able to find your current doctor who was willing to listen to you and give you a chance to try suboxone. It's funny, we have had a couple members talking about this issue the last few days when before it was practically unheard of. I'm glad to see that at least some doctors are starting to look at using suboxone for other things besides addiction.