It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Health insurance?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I need it. going to pay out-of-pocket. 40 year old non smoking female, healthy. Any tips? Anything I should know? I've never shopped for health insurance, have no idea what I'm doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome. I don't know the answer to your question, but I would suggest contacting social services. Even if you don't qualify for state aid they may be able to point you to a community based health insurance where you could get a group rate, instead of buying it individually. I wish you luck.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

usually the community type plans will only accept you if you have been denied coverage due to health issues. I went thru that when I moved from Los Angeles and came to Kentucky. Google health insurance in your area and talk to different people, also decide what type of coverage you want. Do you want a high deductable and lower premiums or are you will to pay more for a lower deductable and dr visits included. there are so many different plans out there it can be very confusing. I have alot of preexisting conditions and had a hard time getting any coverage but I ended up with Assurant Health, which btw started 4 yrs ago at 270 per month and is now almost 600.00 per month just for me. I am a 48 yr old female with pre existing conditions ( I had cancer and heart issues )

Good luck.. wish I could be more of a help but it all depends on where you live also.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Health care has become a precious asset in the contemporary life due to all of our harmful habits mostly forced by the inescapable unhealthy way-of-life. Therefore, health is a mandatory concept to overcome the obstacles nowadays and that's what we most have to care for. you can also visit thirdlakefinancialcorporation com for findings complete solution of any insurance matters.

Insurance IL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I can get health insurance thru my husband but have always got it on my own because believe it or not it is cheaper. Ehealthinsurance.com is a good place to start a search. They will give you quotes from a ton of companies. If you find one there that fits your needs you cam get it thru them or go deal with that company directly. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Health and physical activity tips including information on men's and women's health and wellness including advanced nutritional products for the immune system, joint health, weight loss and general health.

Learn to Live healthy

Post subject: Posters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 pm 

Looks like we have a couple of spams here. Too bad they can't read the rules of the forum even if their post may be helpful.