It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HEALTH ?'s HELP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok here we go, been on Sub. 3 weeks, now and seem to be doing pretty good, was taking 2 mgs 4x a day, but got to where in the evening wasn's feeling good at all. So now i take 4mgs 6.30 am. and 4 mgs, early afternoon and it seems to be doing my body and mind. Better. Also read alot of threads that it was best to take sub. 1 x 2 times a day was the best, and think that might be right.
Ok Here's the problem read somewhere that sub. was causing constipation, well never had that problem before, but LORD and behold have it now, have not had a BM is 2 1/2 weeks, usually can't eat Dairy because of going to the bathroom to much BM, so I have been eating alot of things, that would make me have BM, even taking OTC Lax. HELL nothing is working, just get a lot of cramps, when taking OTC Lax. Any suggestions, Even eating alot of Greens, and NOTHING is working? HELP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, it is best to take your sub once per day (unless you're also taking it for pain). It has a long half life (average 36 hours), and dosing once per day gets us out of the habit of taking something whenever we feel bad. Often in the very beginning of treatment it's not uncommon to dose more than once daily though. You might be at the point where you can get down to once daily - you might want to discuss that with your doctor.

Constipation is indeed a common side effect. Many of us suffer from it and have various ways of dealing with it. First, it's always good to drink a LOT of water and it helps get you going, so to speak. You really haven't had a bowel movement in over two weeks? If that's the case, you might want to see a doctor. You shouldn't let it go that long, bowel obstructions can be dangerous. There are many forms of fiber you should start adding to your diet on a regular basis. Personally, I use stool softeners when necessary and eat a high fiber cereal at night when I get into trouble, which for me isn't too often (which is surprising because I'm on a fairly high dose.) There are also some other threads that discuss this very same topic - you might want to go over those for more advise.

Good luck to you and take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.