It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been addicted to hydrocodone for about 4 years. I have a wife and 3 kids and a good job. Im 35. I am up to 80 to 100 mg a day of the hydro's. I also take xanax every day and have for about 4 years and I am up to 5 mg's a day. I wont go into how I got started as Im sure everyones story is kind of the same. mine started with a back injury for the hydro's and insomnia for the xanax. I have tried many times to quit and cant make it past a weak because of the pain. A friend of mine had the same problem with hydro's and oxy and he went to a place that had him stay for 10 days and got him clean with suboxone. he was i there for 10 days and has been clean for almost a month now. he was taking 140 mg of oxy or hydro every day. so when I saw he got off the stuff it gave me hope so I went to the same place and asked if they had an out patient treatment, they did not, but, they gave me a number to a place that does and I have an appointment in 3 hours. I took my last does (20mg hydros) this morning and my last does (2mg's) of xanax last night and I can already feel the WD's starting to take over. So Ill keep you updated on my progress. I just wanted somewhere to tell my tail as noone knows about my addiction exect my friend and one coworker who is on it as well and wants to get help too so I hope to help him after I get help. I am tired of having to take pills every day to ake me feel somewhat normal when I know thery are killing me. see you after my appointment.

Post subject: headed for treatment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Helz:

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated on your journey. It helps to give others the courage to seek treatment.
Are they tapering the Xanax?

Kilby5.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

well I went in Thursday 3/5/09 at 2:30pm and told him everything. He put my on 8mg a day of suboxone, 2mg every 6 hours. He told me to stay on the xanax only to cut 1mg a weak off. so I took 1mg as soon as I left his office. I had been taking 5mg a day. I am down to 3.5mg a day now, have been for the past 3 days and i can feel it, its making my shakey and kind of tense. I never had anxiety untill now, but its not to bad. so back to the suboxone, I took one at 4:30pm that day and by 5:30 I felt normal, in a good mood, like I felt before I ever started taking hydro's. He only gave me enough for one day (4 2mg pills) and told me to come back Friday. I got there at noon and told him I felt great. He gave me an RX for 4 more days (4 8mg pills) that I was to break into 1/4 and take a 1/4 every 6 hours, and an RX for trazodone 50mg. Fri & Sat I took the 4 pills over a 24 period. Sun I only took 3 of them and still felt fine. today is monday and I took one when I got up and one at lunch and I still feel fine. I go back tomorrow for another follow up and for a new RX of suboxone as I should be out by the time I go in, but being that I have cut a dose and have not had any discomfort to speak of, lll have a couple extra which Im sure the Dr. will be pleased with. since I started taking Suboxone I have not had any withdrawals from the opiuts, I have had a little discomfort cutting back on the xanax but not to bad. This stuff is a miracle drug as far as I am concerned. I know that if I had not gotten it I would be in some major pain right now, I know this becuse Ive tried to stop many times and just could not do it. It was to painfull and I was a mental mess. My goal is to be off Suboxone in 2 to 3 weeks. and off xanax in a couple months as I slowly cut back every week. Ill check back in a few days. If you feel like you are stuck on pain meds or herion this is the way to go, all you have to do is find a dr that will do outpatient suboxone treatment.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My story reads a lot like yours. My only concern though is why do you feel the need to quickly get off the Subs. I know myself that sure Id like tobe able to get off in a few weeks but I know if I do Ill be right back to the OXy's again. I think its best to at least use the subs as a mental break. Meaning your conditioning your brain to no being obsessed with getting more pills and not thinking about them. This is just my opinion though and I wish you the best of luck with your decision. How does the Dr feel about this? Was this his suggestion or was it yours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You should stsy on the subs until you at least get a long bit of clean time from the street drugs. I'm sure the xanax taper is hurting the hell out of you once you get low enough. Tell us how your doing.