It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[font=Georgia] [/font]

Hello again everyone,

It's almost 4 weeks now since I started my Subs, and I must say it's going OK but I have a constant dull headache that doesn't ever seem to go. Also I am finding that I am finding it very hard to sleep properly as I just seem to be wide awake or unable to drop off until like 3am. I am hoping that these 'side effects' will diminish wants I settle into my medication properly.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced these things and if so if they got better or if you did anything in particular that helped you.

babydoll x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
Hey Babydoll;
Sorry to hear about those nasty side effects.
I was having those headaches as well. I would get them before I took the Suboxone as soon as I woke up. I took excedrin and sudafed. I wasn't sure if it was the Suboxone or allergy but then I took the Suboxone and it went away. I still have a slight headache but nothing like that. It felt like my brain was swollen.

As for the sleep,I'm in the same situation. I don't fall asleep till 3 AM. Then I have a horrible time waking up.
I've seen around the forum people talking about taking it earlier. I've tried that and I still can't sleep.

I can't take any kind of sleep meds b/c my Ins. would stop paying for the Suboxone.
I've heard of the Melatin (sp) but I'm not so sure that will work. If this continues I'll probably give it a shot.

Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better,soon

Post subject: Me Too
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:26 pm 

I too had trouble sleeping in the first few months of taking Sub, but it did get better and now I go right under w/o any help. Actually, now it seems I'm too sleepy most of the time even at a lower dose. But I'm not the only one who's said that.

No clue on what's causing your headaches though. Aspirin should help but watch out for the evening dose because most good acting aspirin brands contain caffeine, and you surely don't want that if you're having trouble falling asleep.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you swallowing or spitting after taking your sub? Some people get headaches if they swallow - thought to possibly be from the naloxone. Try spitting out instead of swallowing and see if that helps your headaches.

As for not being able to fall asleep, what's the latest in the day/evening that you dose? Some people have that problem because they dose too late in the day. When they change their dosing schedule around to dose earlier in the day some find that it helps them to sleep better.

Hope this helps - good luck and feel better.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah I been getting the headaches lately as well. Ever since I started taking my whole dose in the morning instead of splitting it. Though it hasn't been as bad the last coupla days.

All I can say is panadol / paracetamol / acetaminophen / whatever it's called wherever you are gets rid of them...

Taking your dose as early as possible in the day should help with the sleeping.

Post subject: Changed my Schedule
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Heys peeps,

thanks for the replies. I was taking the sub in the evenings, and it was pretty late too i suppose. I have to pick up my tablet each day from the Pharmacy so i was going at night after i had been to work and that. So I have now started to go in the mornings on my way to work (its a bit more hassle as I have to jump on a bus, jump off, go to the pharmacy, get my medication, back on the bus, then a train and then the underground and finally arrive at work!! ha ha ha - can you just tell i love my journey to work each day??), Anyway I;m finding it better for me, and also i get let the tablet disolve whilst I am wrestling with the commuters.

Hatmaker, yeah i was swallowing after the tablet had disolved, so I am going to try spittin it out afterwards and see if that helps with the headaches.

Honestly this site is such a good place. I was telling my key worker (who is supposed to know about the drug they have prescribed me) and was so unhelpful when. I told her about the headaches and difficulty sleeping. She said how strange they are not normally the side effects people report having! In fact her suggestion for the not sleeping was to go to my doctor and ask for sleeping tablets!! i could not believe it - 'i was like yeah whatever you say! Like 'Hello doc, I'm an addict and was wondering if you could prescribe me something even more addictive" Honestly what are these people on????

Anyway happy days folks - lots of Love - babydoll (London, UK) xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

cajunmeme wrote:

It felt like my brain was swollen.

Yes that's how I feel, very well put. I'm going to try the spitting thing too....makes perfect sense that the nalaxone is the culprit, would explain the body aches that tend to accompany my headaches. I really hope this works!

Post subject: No more headaches etc
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi

wanted to let everyone know that I am not suffering any more with the headaches nor am I having problems getting to sleep. I think it must have been down to the fact my body was getting used to the new substance in my blood.

I'm glad its settled down - so for anyone taking the meds for the first few weeks; just keep at it and give it chance to get into your system and for you to be adjusted.

carolyn x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yea, I've been on suboxone for a week now and I have the dull headache but advil most of the time gets rid of it, and also have trouble sleeping I fall asleep but wake up after about 30 or 45 mins, but I'm going to keep going and see what happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Be careful with the spitting. I tried it once and I swear I got less than 1/3 my usual dose. By night time I was in mild w-d's.