It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

http://www.wjhl.com/story/28815142/subo ... -the-radar

I don't know if this has passed or not, but I think it has. This is seriously messed up, how could they do this to people? It just shows what they are in it for, to keep people hooked so they can make money money off of arrests. I hope this isn't going to happen in all states. This is the type of thing that worries me, not just for myself, but for everyone with an addiction problem. Everyone needs to bind together and stop shit like this. This kind of thing just makes me so mad. I live in Arkansas and Tennessee is pretty close to here. Why would they want to do this. Sorry if this has been posted before, I am just trying to get more info about this thing here. If its happening in all states?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Interesting reading
What I see out of this, is they are trying to crack down on Subutex.
But it is still better than injecting Heroin even if they are injecting Subutex. Can you still OD on Subutex? The Bupe business must be growing and the "powers at be" want a bigger piece of the pie. This will discourage new Dr.s from even getting involved. Personally, there should be a Sub Dr. on every corner!
Thanks,
Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First off, this bill HAS NOT BEEN PASSED OR BECOME LAW. Let's be careful assuming things. It was refered to "summer study" back on March 31, 2015. This will slow the bill down if not kill it. I don't have political knowledge of how Tenessee works but was was a registered lobbyist in the state I reside in for many years. The tactic of sending it to be studied sounds to me like it will kill it. What could happen is they could again take it up after summer recess. The other odd thing is while the news story is dated only a few days ago, this all took place over a month ago. Then the photos and video show suboxone tablets which have been off the market for a couple years. Odd.

What this does show us is much, much more work is needed on our parts to show how well Bup helps not hurts. They claim that Bup prescriptions have tripled in recent years. THATS A GOOD THING - NOT A BAD THING! They just don't get it but can be educated. People fear the unknown. We need to remove what is unknown and with it remove the fear.

We heed a lobbying effort of our own! We need positive education about how Bup helps. Here is an example of a trade magazine for EMTs and Paramedics with positive information about Bup.

http://issuu.com/wemsa/docs/wemsa0515/1 ... 4/12588465

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

This law has been signed and goes into affect July 1 2015. I am very upset the governor didn't research this bill before allowing this to happen to good ppl who really are working the program :oops: I am looking for a Dr in North Carolina Georgia or Kentucky that will write subutex I was on 3 a day for 3 years now I'm screwed since suboxone is so expensive and now I will only be allowed 2 a day but I refuse to go back to my old ways Idk how to begin to let the governor know how bad he has messed with people's lives.