It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First of all, Im excited to see that there is this website for me to turn to.....people just like me. I just signed up and really could use some feedback.
I just moved from Alaska to Washington with my family. I have two kids, 8yrs and 7 months, both girls, thriving, doing great since their mommy has been clean thanks to suboxone. My issue is this; medicaid has been my insurance and has paid for my prescription for the past 2 years. Since moving to Wa, I called about 15 doctors before I learned that this state only covers my script if I am in in-patient treatment and only allows one to be on subs for 6 months, ect.....
so, here I am, with one weeks worth left, tapering myself off, trying to get my mind set right and pretty terrified off withdrawling...
Thank goodness for my supportive husband, without him I would be worse off. And so would my kids. Aside my feelings about the whole beauracracy about everything, I have to just focus on getting through this. I was only planning on being on suboxone for one more year for other reasons. Insurance so to speak.....whatever, deep down the choice is mine to manage my recovery on my own. Im still scared.
So, I found a general practitioner and suggested what I researched would help me, clonidine, klonipin, ect....this doctor knows nothing about suboxone or addiction, so im feeling sort of thrown to the wolves here. If there is any helpful feedback out there on anything I can do to detox as smoothly as possible, it would be appreciated.
I havent even finished reading what others have posted, but plan to.
Off to make some chow for my kids......................thanks

Post subject: How you doing?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Heather74! I noticed you haven't had any replies. How are you doing? I hope you found a doctor to prescribe your suboxone? Hope you're doing okay! Let us know what's going on with you okay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Heather74! I am glad that you found this site. It has been a huge help for me too and suboxone has been wonderful in my life. I take 8mg a day also. And...I have experienced the insurance cutting me off too. I tapered slowly from 8mg to 4mg to 2mg to 1mg each month then stepped off. I did have withdraws that lasted about 2 weeks. I was able to stay off of suboxone for 18 months then I still was looking for some way to easy my mind from thinking about opiates I ended up getting back on suboxone afterward and by then my insurance started paying for it again. What you can do is just taper off and go to meetings for support. Or if you want to stay on suboxone, A lot of suboxone doctors have plans where some of their patients get their meds for free. And there are discounts off of the suboxone films if you choose to stay on it. Have you thought about switching to subutex and just paying for the generic? I found that paying for the suboxone films was way more cheaper than buying pills. Just saying. If you do decide to taper off, there are many threads on this website that have others experiences as well tapering off. I wish you all the luck with your journey and please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.