It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Kids----I've been on the boards for the last 3 hours trying to find my exact problem and it just occurred to me DUH why not just write your problem and see if anyone can help. I'm smart that way. I'm having a pacemaker-type device put in in the morning, and VERY long story short---I have a VERY BAD Suboxone Doctor. Unfortunately I have to stay with this guy until July and I get all of my advice from these boards. I have been educating my heart Doc on Suboxone who is doing my surgery, and he has read everything I have sent him. I am not worried about the surgery so much, in fact this procedure requires very little, if any, post op pain medicine. Play Devils Advocate with me here. Lets say I wake up from the surgery in horrible pain. My current Sub dose is 12 mgs. Saturday I took none and this morning I took about 4 mgs cause I got scared. I'm not going to take any tomorrow. IF something goes wrong and I wake up in pain, what to I ask for? Some of the posts are saying if you have taken any Subs within 24 hours you'll go into horrible withdrawal if you take any pain meds, others say just try to have them load up on some kind of IV painkillers and you'll be fine. Could you folks weigh in on your final recommendations please? I can't go thru another induction, but I'm not sure when to start my Subs again. Thanks you guys.

Post subject: Hmmmm well okay....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm sure I'll have answers on the other side.....thats what I get for waiting til midnight to ask. Thanks anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is a myth that you will go into withdrawals if you take pain meds with Sub in your system. The worst that can happen is that the pain meds they give you will be less effective. If you are stopping the Sub a couple of days before the surgery and they give you IV narcotics (dilaudid, morphine), you should get some releif. Also, don't underestimate non narcotic pain meds like ibuprofen or naproxin. I think there is an article on surgery and Sub under the links section of this forum.
Good luck,
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: HI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess you had the surgery by now but if not please read my post on" had surgery can't wait to get back on subs" It might help. I stopped subs 9 days before surgery but I'm sure you can stop the day before if you have good doctors managing your pain.

Good luck to you
Queenie