It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HAVING A PROBLEM
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I was wondering if Doc or anyone else coud answer my question. I take 2 ea 8 mg sub. I put it under my tongue and It doesn't desolve for over an hour. I make sure I drink plenty of water in the morning, which I hate. I only drink half a cup of cofee. I brush my teeth, drink my water and take my sub, get in the car and go to work. It takes me an hour to get to work and when I get there I still have alot of orange. Has anyone else had this problem? My doctor said I didn't need to splt them. Help!

Post subject: sub
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, can anyone relate to me? Is anyone out there. I was so excited, this is the one and only e-mail thing I've ever been on and no one is repying? Am I doing something wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You could try to drink something real warm and hold it in your mouth so its good and hot prior to the sub. I've also heard of people cutting the sub up into pieces and placing the pieces under the tongue so it dissolves faster. A mint on top of the tongue might increase saliva production? That's all the tricks I know. Good luck.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you for responding. I will try all of that tomorrow. Thanks again.

Susie

Post subject: Patience...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I only get on here once per week sometimes...
try this: put the 8 mg pill in your mouth and crush it with your front teeth, into tiny pieces. They will dissolve in 20 seconds. Then use maximum surface area-- spread it around on your tongue, cheeks, roof of mouth, under tongue... keep it spreading around. It is all about the surface area-- think of getting something go go through a seive, and picture one as small as the bottom of a pill container, vs one as big as a pizza-- you want the dissolved drug to contact as much fresh skin as possible. After doing this for a good 5 minutes, swallow the rest. Don't drink anything for at least 15 minutes-- you don't want to wash it away before it really soaks in. Anything that gets to your stomach is essentially gone.

SO... the keys are to crush and dissolve quickly. Have a low amount of saliva so the concentration is greater-- that will force it down its concentration gradient to a greater degree. make use of maximum surface area. And don't rinse it away. Practice that and you will get your whole dose done in 5-10 minutes.

Post subject: suboxone absorbtion
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:19 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Susie, I don't think I would try a mint at the same time as the suboxone. It seems to me you would lose the suboxone because you would be swallowing the mint and the suboxone would go with it. The suboxone is not effective if it is swallowed. Thanks, dotparker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I tried drinking really hot coffee and swishing it in my mouth, especially under my tonque and it's working alot better. I will try it all. I want to get all the suboxone I can. I go to the Dr. this afternoon. I'm wondering if he's going to reduce my dosage already. Well I've got to go to work. You guys make me feel like I belong. Thanks, I need that. There's not a whole lot of people I can talk to this about. Have a great day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thats funny, cause i can totally relate to that problem with them disolving. I will definatly try those tips! One other problem i have, which the first few times i took it, i wasn't really noticing how bad they actually taste. Now when i take it, it almost makes me want to puke when i swallow my saliva. And yes, this board is really great so far. One bad thing i noticed is the ad on the top of the page by google, says: Get Pain Pills Easy (OXY) No Prior Prescription. Thats pretty messed up that someone from the google marketing team actually had the nerve to put that up on this site.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

with absorption? (Or is there already some alkaline component in the excipients of Subutex and Suboxone tablets)? The alkaline baking soda would ensure that the buprenorphine hydrochloride (a charged molecule, less permeable thru the buccal mucous membranes) converts itself to the more hydrophobic / membrane-permeable unprotonated buprenorphine base, leading to faster, more complete absorption within the mouth before being swallowed and largely destroyed.

Of course, this is the "trick" used in nicotine gum and lozenges: both contain sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate, allowing the nicotine base to be absorbed in the mouth before being swallowed and being destroyed in the first-pass through the liver.

Enquiring minds want to know...

FooBear