It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: having money again
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is weird having amoney again since stopping my drug of choice and going on suboxone. I havent seen so much money in my bank account ever before and its only been 3 months off of opiates. I am starting to pay down debts and am happy the suboxone program is working so well for me right now. Thanks for all the encouragement; I am having my first born baby in a month and am really getting excited for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I remember that feeling when I first got on sub. It's great, isn't it? Good on you for starting sub and ending the crazy cycle of active addiction. Oh and congrats, too, on the impending birth of your first child.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hell yeah, I remember how much money I spent on drugs and when I finally quit I remember how the bank account started looking real good again.....until my wife got her little hands on it, then POOF, it was all gone! New clothes, perfume, jewelry. HAHAHAHA lol

Hey, what good is money if you can't spend it, right? :lol:

Congratulations on the upcoming birth. It's going to change your world!! You're going to be amazed at how much love your heart really is capable of giving!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
until my wife got her little hands on it, then POOF, it was all gone! New clothes, perfume, jewelry. HAHAHAHA lol

That's marriage for ya! :lol:

Yeah having money again is great. I paid off my debts as early as possible as well. Something about having drug debt hanging over your head in recovery isn't much of a liberating feeling.

I'd suggest you maybe buy yourself a lil present when you hit 3months, 6months & 12months off your poison :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea I am starting to pay back people who lent me money and had no idea i had a drug problem. I was so good at manipulating and I hate myself for it. It feels like a burden on my shoulders because I am not going to be happy with myself until I pay everyone off.

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I'm Queenie the grandmother of the forum.

I am so happy for you. Keep up that positive attitude. Suboxone can work wonders.

Congratulations on your baby. Enjoy life & your child. It gets better & better.

Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but money was never an issue for me when it came to my drug addiction. What I mean is, when I was young, I simply robbed people to get the money I needed. That led to a very lengthy (16+ years) prison stay.

When I got out of prison, I educated myself and aggressively sought and obtained a career in I.T. For about the last 10 years I have been running the I.T. department of a large and growing company. I have a staff of 7 engineers and two administrative assistants working under me and I put in a TON of time on the job, typically 70 hours per week or more.

So, a few years ago when my drug use was at its worst, I was spending $500 to $700 a week on pills and the worst part is it wasn't really hurting me that much financially because, for lack of a more tactful way of putting it, I make a shit-load of money at my job. So, even while I was using, I didn't suffer any major financial problems. My wife also makes a very good living as a legal secretary and we have no children, and no debt.

What I HAVE noticed now, because of not spending that money on drugs is our savings are starting to grow rapidly. And this is a good thing, because I need to sell the home I am living in and buy a much bigger home that I can move my elderly mother into so I can take care of her.

So, getting off the drugs and getting stable on suboxone has made it possible for us to consider making this big move, whereas when I was using, we weren't even talking about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can def agree with this topic, even if I did get my scripts of oxy legally I was Dr. shopping so many different pain management clinics and all that coast a shit load of money and that’s not applying gas and time. I had to start selling to afford my monthly supply I also made some money but that just went to weed or heroin when I would go on binges. But I am very lucky to have a real good job, my mom is a CTO of a company that owns a shit load of hotels so I worked for her under the table getting paid in cash just after 1 month of no opiates I couldn’t tell you how happy I was to see money stacking up in my safe. It was almost like a thing that drove me to stay clean so I could make a lot of money and over time it was the only reason I stayed clean in the beginning b4 I realized I had so much more in life. I am happy to say because of the all the money I have saved since getting clean I just bought a 2009 Mercedes Benz E350 with 24,000 miles at the age of 24 and that was only after 4 years of being clean I am saving for my own place now and so happy to say that i could be giving money without running to the pharmacy!

IN now way am I trying to brag I am just pointing out how much money we as addicts truly spend on drugs and the type of things we could have after being clean and not throwing your money away or into your arm!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think its awesome and very motivating to hear about all the great things everyone can do with saving money! I love being able to pay bills and buy nice things! Me and my husband were able to have a wedding reception about a month ago too and then just bought a new car! Next on the list : Move into a bigger house and have a baby!