It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Having a hard time ....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ive had my subs for weeks now but Im still so afraid of going into WDs that I use every 6-8 hours. Ive been on heroin for about 8-9 years. The only sober time Ive had were times in rehab (about 12 times) and times locked up ( never longer than a month. I just need to get over that first hill!! Ive been reading these posts and they give me hope...something ive not felt in awhile....Any other advice on what to use or do in the 24 or so hours leading up to the first sub would be great.... thanks all, glad I found this site....

♠♥♣♦

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

WasteOfPaint wrote:
Ive had my subs for weeks now but Im still so afraid of going into WDs that I use every 6-8 hours. Ive been on heroin for about 8-9 years. The only sober time Ive had were times in rehab (about 12 times) and times locked up ( never longer than a month. I just need to get over that first hill!! Ive been reading these posts and they give me hope...something ive not felt in awhile....Any other advice on what to use or do in the 24 or so hours leading up to the first sub would be great.... thanks all, glad I found this site....

♠♥♣♦

Hi, WasteOfPaint- and Welcome to the forum :)

So glad that you are glad that you found this forum, too!

Anyway, about what to do til you can dose your Sub...

First of all- do you happen to have any "comfort" meds at your disposal? Nothing that would make you
come up "positive" for anything in a urinalysis by your sub doctor, though- maybe something like
a benzo- but only if you have a valid Rx for one, of course.

Next- from reading several posts on here- I have read that it helps a lot to try to distract your mind
as much as you can possibly manage- until you can dose your sub/ induce. I don't know if you have
any "hobbies"- but- for me- writing down my feelings and experiences- even if it is just a half of a
page- tends to help me when I sometimes still get cravings.

Some ppl would probably suggest that you go to an AA/NA meeting- so, if you can manage that- then
go for it. (I just have found that those meetings have not really helped me- but they do help some ppl.)

Well that's about all that I can think of ATM. I'm sure that others will come along with their advice, as well.

Good Luck,

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I started on Suboxone, I remember being quite frightened of having to do the withdrawal thing too. I was also scared shitless that this Suboxone crap wouldn't even work and then I'd be screwed real good.

Well, Suboxone works like a charm. It couldn't have been 30 minutes after I took my dose that I was getting some serious relief. I was ASTOUNDED.

As far as fearing the wd, you do NOT have to be in "knock down, drag out" wd before you take your Suboxone. You don't have to be lying on the floor, crapping your pants and vomitting all over everything.

Check out this link, scroll through and read both pages. The website this comes from is full of info about Suboxone. The website is NAABT.

http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: thanks,
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for the replies, I dont have any "comfort" pills other than motrin 600. I made a vow to myself to one way or another start taking the subs by the 1st of the month, I have made it to 16 hours yesterday before i gave in. My thought is to try to get to that point again but try to sleep once I get to 15 hours in hopes that I can get another 6 or so hours under my belt. I figure if I can get to 20 hours I can take the first one and go from there.. I try to do it on a weekend because I dont want to go to work or to school sick, and I cant miss either. Anyway thank you both for the advice and kind words, I really dont talk to anyone about this, I dont use with anyone and am pretty much a recluse and isolate myself away. So it really does help to just be able to actually tell this to someone even if its only via the internet. Will keep ya updated. Thanks again...
♠♥♣♦

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

WasteOfPaint wrote:

♠♥♣♦

DEAR WASTE OF PAINT,
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I wonder how long you have to wait before you take your sub and your last dose of heroin? Is it more than 24 hours?
I really do not know,but I will tell you after a 29 year addiction of 20 plus hydros and anything else i could get..benzos you name it i waited 12 hours and took my first sub and it was like a miracle happened...the withdawal stopped,,almost instantly, i felt normal for the first time in my life...felt like i did when i was a kid running through the grass barefooted at the beginning of the summer..ya know?? It has saved my life...I would surely be dead by now without sub...it is better than any pain pill or drug out there. It covers you 24/7...and you don't even think about using anymore at least I don/t

Please take 1 or 2 days off the h and then go for the sub...you will have your life back, and your money.
I will be thinking of you and wish you the best of luck with this...keep up with us and let us know how you are doing.

Sincerely,
Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:33 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

My gf had an appointment to see a sub doctor, and i decided i was just going to go in with her to her appointment, and beg that he treat me too. problem was the appointment wasn't for 4 -5 more days, after 2 days i was like screw this, and checked myself into detox. It was the only way i was going to be able to stop using, there was no way i could sit for 5 days and wait to see the doctor, i knew i wouldn't make it that long.

After detox, the same morning i was released i went to my gf appointment with her. I was way into wd at this point. It was a miracle, withing 10 min in the doctors office, i had a 8mg sub under my tongue. another 15 min and i was feeling completely fine, wd gone!!!

That was 2 years ago!! have been taking sub ever since, it has saved my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

PLEASE start the Sub ASAP and stop using... you DO NOT need to wait any amount of hours to start, all you gotta be is in MILD TO MODERATE withdrawal so basically all you need to do is be in withdrawal to start. Everyone thinks you need to wait a certain amount of hours before you can take it and its just not the truth. When I started Sub for the 2nd time it was a Saturday, I woke up that morning already starting to feel sick from sleeping all night and I sniffed the last Perk 10 I had, My withdrawals did not subside and I realized I def. had a problem if a perk 10 wasnt even enough anymore to keep me out of withdrawal till I got more. I knew the Sub doctor in my town was open on Saturdays so I finally said enough is enough and I called the office to try to get an appointment. When I called the nurse asked me if it was possible that I be there in a 1/2 hour, I figured I wouldnt get an appointment till that next week.. what a surprise that was. So the point of my story is that I sniffed a perk 10 when I woke up that day and 1-2 hours later I started Sub and felt GREAT. I never got precipitated withdrawals even though I did that Percocet, the doctor said it was because all I needed to be was in withdrawal to start. PLEASE stop using and just wait till you start to withdrawal and TAKE THE SUB!!! I think the best thing for you to do would be to basically make today your last day of using, do what you gotta do till bed tonight, DONT use when you wake up in the morning and hold out till your in withdrawal then take it, I know if I didnt do my pill when I first woke up in the morning that was it. You should be perfectly fine to use Sub right when you get up because you've had all night without anything and should be withdrawing by morning if you dont take anything. Just please dont go by the amount of time after your last use, you just need to be starting to withdrawal, you barely gotta suffer at all to make the switch. Start with about 4mg of Sub then wait an hour, see how you feel and if needed take another 2mg, wait an hour and add another 2mg if needed and so on. Its so worth it and you will be wondering why you were so worried and why you didnt do it much sooner, trust me. Use the COWS scale to gauge your withdrawals if needed but IMO I always knew when I was in withdrawal and def. didnt need a chart to tell me. Good Luck and PLEASE keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you decide to do.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did my last Norco 17 hours before I took sub for the very first time, and I was fine...no precipitated withdrawal. I wasn't even in that bad of withdrawal. The doctor said I didn't need to wait that long. Said I only needed to wait 12 hours since my last dose. And I don't even think heroin stays in your system as long as hydrocodone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have heard that you need to wait a certain amount of time to take sub also, but really never knew why that would be. Is it because they are afraid of an OD? Sub is a very strong medication, perhaps this is the thought.

I agree with sodone, as soon as you start to feel the urge, or get to feeling uncomfortable, due to being without, you should be ok to take sub. I dont think you have to be in full blow wd to take it. im sure youll be ok to take sub at the first hint of any discomfort.

Best of luck,