It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all, I'm new here, so hopefully i put this in the right spot.. I'm a 26 year old female. I have between on sub now for about a year and a half. Originally i was addicted to oxys. Anyway i have tapered to about .5 to 1mg a day, depending on how i feel each day. I desperately want to be off of this drug. It helped me to get off oxys and i am grateful for that, but i feel as if i am using the sub as a crutch now to get through life. I have been tapering for about two montha now, but on my "off" days, or when im feeling depressed i find myself taking more than my tapered amount. Than later on i get mad at myself. The major reason iwant to be off of it is because i feel like it has made me emotionally numb. Things i used to enjoy i no longer care about. I feel like a shell of myself and i want my personality back. i just joined because i need some encouragement, and maybe thoughts and tips. thanks in advance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi There!

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum. The reasons you've joined are what you will find here. I'm a bit new here myself to offer much advice, but no doubt one of the clever people will be along soon.

Well done on trying to get a handle on your sub use.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:39 am 

Welcome to the forum!

There are lots of people going through the same thing as you. If you look over at the "Stopping Suboxone" section you will find threads about others struggling with the same issues. I encourage you to look in that section and start commenting on some of their threads. You'll get to know people quickly that way. :)

Amy