It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone

Started sub 16mg almost 3 weeks ago, way too much for me so I started taking between 6-8mg thru out the day.
I'm still feeling like crap. I'm so tired, my head always feels foggy & dizzy, I'm nauseous often, I get extremely irritated & moody, no patience, I feel bloated& the worst is I'm still in pain...

I was taking prescribed oxycodone 180mg daily for 8 years orally. I don't think I was necessarily abusing my meds but I was 100% dependant on my meds.

My sub Dr doesn't really say too much during my appts, which sucks. I feel like he rushing me out.
I do think I'm on way too much sub. I don't like this foggy heavy feeling YUCK...hard to take care of my child,husband,household & life in general

Anyone else gone thru this? If so PLEASE tell me what helps....what is ur thoughts on my dosing? What would be a better dose for me in ur opinion?
I know this IS INDEED A WONDER DRUG/TREATMENT I just can't seem to adjust :-(

Someone plz plz help me
Thank u in advance & stay blessed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Also wanted to mention I feel noticeably better (less side effects) at night, couple hours b4 bed. Hours after I take a piece 2mg sub.

Maybe all I need is 2mg every 24 hours? But when I start to feel crappy several hours after I wake up (about 4 hrs) and take the 2mg that too makes me feel like doodoo for several hours again. Sigh.....

Just wanna feel normal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:45 pm 

AB,

It seems to be that the less one takes the better they feel. That's not true in all cases as it depends on how much and what drug you were taking before. But for those of us with a run of the mill pain pill addiction it seems like the norm is for Suboxone doctors to put every patient on 16 mg's to stabilize. Most of the time it works out just fine. Like you, I too tapered down almost immediately and felt much less fatigued. 16 was more than I needed too. So go ahead and drop down but keep your doctor in the loop. Remember who is treating you and always be honest and up front.

Something else I would recommend is to take it only once a day, preferrably in the mid AM hours like 9 or 10 AM. It stays in your body for about 36 hours so don't worry about withdrawal symptoms. The only ones that doesn't work for is those with a fast metabolism and they are in the minority of patients. I don't practice what I preach though. I split my dose at 1 mg in the AM and 3 mg's mid afternoon. Taking it once per day was the way I was told to do it and it did work better for me so now you got me thinking about taking my own advice and going back to once per day.

Let us know how it is working out for you,

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Rule,
Thanks so much for ur advice, it worked!!!

I started taking 2-3mg at bed time so if there were any uncomfortable side effects I wouldn't notice them.
In the morning when I wake the dizziness isn't near as dramatic, the headaches aren't as bad or last as long. (Except last night i fell asleep while i was dosing, lol, so i did swallow my saliva but 4 Tylenol helped that) Hopefully it gets better every time.

Did u take ur own advice? LOL:-)

Have a nice night.
Thanks again