It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Have You??????
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well i have been wondering if any of you have came across this in your area. I live in Buffalo and is starting to get abused more and more to the point of my post. I walk my dog cain every day and today was the sixth time i have found a emty suboxone packet near my house. I just throw them out bc i dont want lil kids in my neighborhood to find them but this is starting to become a common thing that, i want to adress this to someone but who? I rather find the idiots doing it and kick some sense into them. All it would take would b one for gotten piece is left in that packet a lil kid finds it takes it dies and suboxone is a schedule 2 in no time. Tbc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

the first time i had gotten subs was last year and i bought them from my dope dealer. well the supply didnt last long and was without. i did find an empty wrapper in a parking lot at a local gas station. of course i picked it up, looked inside just hoping, but nothing inside. so here in indiana it is on the streets. it would b awful if some kid did find some and think it was a breath mint, candy, or something. isnt there a lot # on the back that can b traced to whos script it is. just for the record, after those few subs i got from her i continued to use painkillers hard for the next year until my husband started his insurance then i found a dr. and started to pay cash for the visit but use the insurance for the meds. so lets hope that those dumb asses who dont know how to use a trash can dont ruin the thought that this is a medicine to help addiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Next on your local news:

"Despite lot numbers and individual numbering find out why this recovery drug for addicts isn't working and is on your streets."

Meanwhile anyone can get untraceable oxycodone.

Just goes to show: active addict = out of mind, recovering addict = someone you might see at work, how scary! Boo!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its funny, that I just read this post, I mean the timing is funny I guess...........

the other day at work,,,,,,, a construction site, which happens to be a "resort" thats a timeshare,,,,,, we are remodeling,

well, theres an "area" for the construction workers to take our breaks/smoke/eat where the 'guests' wont necessarily have to see us.
the other day, I saw a sub film wrapper in the ashtray, and I was like, I KNOW its not mine, hmm. thats wierd.

the very NEXT day, there was another one, about 7 cars down from where I park, on the ground in the parking garage. I picked it up and threw it out. just like you said, kids, theres kids EVERYWHERE at this timeshare!!

Today, on my way home from work, I stopped at the smoke shop to get a carton of cigs, and theres a walgreens just across the street. well next to where you park, to go in the cig store, you can see where this deck kinda lines the parking spaces, and theres that lattice/lath stuff you can see thru,
there had to be like A HUNDRED blue and white sub film packages under there!! it just "caught" my eye. I dont know why. and I was thinking, who the hell does that??
just 'toss' it out the window after you get your strip out or what??
seriously??

Im sure a kid or even someone totally nieve to opiates, even if there was a lil residue on the wrapper, could probably get sick. I mean I dont know, Im not saying ppl are gonna go around picking up shit off the ground and eating it, but we all know a 7-8-9 yr old kid might. and what if there WAS a bit of residue? and they did get sick?
Bboy brings up a valid point.
next thing ya know, you cant get it from the pharmacy/doctors office anymore.
GEEZ

yea, and where WOULD you start with fixing this???????

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Funny, before my mom started taking them I would never have noticed one. But since then I have seen wrappers a few times. Once I found one on the ground right next to the bank ATM...and yes I picked it up too just in case there was something forgotten inside... Stupid addict.

On the flipside of this though...the other day I had taken half a strip and put the other half back in the wrapper in the suboxone box. Later that day when I went to get it out the wrapper was there but the piece left inside was GONE! I looked through every empty wrapper in the house (I had three or four in my purse and one in my bathroom drawer) thinking I had put the wrong one back in the box somehow. But I never found it. I guess somehow it fell out of the wrapper and slipped out the bottom of the box where the tape had come loose. It totally freaked me out and I went on to crawl across the entire house on my hands and knees looking for the stray orange film. After a thorough search by me and my two older kids I vaccuumed and swept the entire house to keep the dog or the 5 year old from finding and ingesting it. I still have no idea where it went...to say the least it taught me to be more careful with those extra pieces!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That happened to me too! Since some of my films are so brittle when I open the package, I had one little piece fall to the ground one time, and I couldn't find it for the life of me! I was on the floor looking like a damn tweeker scouring for a crack rock...hahaha, I've actually done that before. Ewww, that's not a pleasant thought. Anyway...

I swept and vacuumed my floor for half an hour because I would feel sooo bad if one of my innocent little doggies accidentally licked up a piece of my sub. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I was interstate and I'd just relapsed into active addiction, a using acquaintance found on the middle of the sidewalk an envelope with 5 days "take-away" supply of Suboxone. Needless to say he was a very happy man, because injecting Suboxone was his drug of choice (except when he told me I could do it with no ill effect, I had a rude awakening. I'd used heroin a couple of days before).

But if a kid did find it, it could have been a disaster. People say it's very hard to suffer a fatal overdose on buprenorphine, but I question that fact if a tiny 5 year old kid ate 4+ mg's of the stuff.

In my area, I see little opioid-replacement traces on the ground. I've seen empty methadone bottles, the occasional empty Suboxone/Subutex blister pack (they're kept in blister packs in my country to minimise naltrexone oxidisation). But by far the most common thing is used needles, which is really sad and quite frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow TJ, that is very scary. You must be in a very big urban area. I can't believe people would just leave that kind of thing laying around. I guess feeling responsible for other people's safety isn't real high on the list of someone in that state of mind though. Aren't we blessed to be out of that cycle????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For sure ... Things were really crazy for me up there. I was doing NA prior to relapsing, and believed that because I'd used, I was destined for jails institutions or death and I had no say in the matter. And I nearly let that happen. Thankfully came to my senses before that happened.

It was an industrial town I guess - a port / mining town with a lot of social problems. Maybe 500,000 people? Not a metropolis by any means. Someone must have just dropped them from their pocket. Poor guy must have been fretting bad. You can't exactly go back to the pharmacy and plead your case when that happens.

The city I live in now is a lot bigger - 4.2 million people, so there's a more abundant supply of class A's. I've found that people seem to abuse pills more in areas where there isn't as much heroin. On the flip side, there's more services to help with recovery in larger cities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i found a film packet and kept it for my reserve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, that's really worrisome! I had started a topic about the manufacturer of suboxone MAYBE discontinuing tablet form and what little I've read about that is the manufacturer wants to do away with tablets because the film "shows lower evidence of abuse". I'm new to the films so I just looked at one and they WOULD look like candy or something to a child if they found it on the street. If taken the right way this medicine is a wonder. I hope it doesn't become impossible for recovering addicts to get if it becomes an "a few bad kids ruin it for the whole class" type situation. :x