It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I have the best Doctor.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi, Went to my appt today and my doc is the best!!! She supports any decision that I make. She will help with a taper from oxy, and she agreed that the 50% reduction off the bat was kind of extreme, so we are going to 75mg a day for now ,37% reduction instead of the 50%. I know that I felt as though I was stabilizing at 60mg but my biggest problem is that I was having some real sleep problems because I would go 10-12 hrs without dosing. Now I can take 15mg every 4-5 hrs, then towards the end of the month start going every 6 hrs at 15mg so that i can be stable 60mg with no sleep issues. I have real pain issues and we are coming in with a plan. When I keep reducing each month I am going to start a medication called DUEXIS( Ibuprofen and famotidine) 800mg/26.6mg. She believes this will help with my extreme pain days. I can even split those pills and see how they work. From here we are going to reduce 75mg, 60mg, 50mg, 40mg, 30mg, 20mg. At 20mg we will switch to 10/325 norco( split them in two and basically take 5/162.5 every 6 hours. That way I am not putting too much tylenol in my liver. Well anyway its a plan, I am pretty good at sticking to them. I will keep posting every so often to share how it is going. I feel good, I feel in control of the situation, I am doing this to eventually be free of narcotics, I hope that the DUEXIS helps. If not, I am sure there are others meds that will help. ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's so cool! I'm glad your doctor agrees with you on your taper plan. I'm telling you, finding a good doc that's willing to work with you is rare...I'm happy for you!

Sounds like you are in a really good place right now with your plans. I hope everything continues to go well for you. I haven't heard of the medicine you mentioned above...hopefully it will give you just enough relief that you will be able to push through the worst days.

Q