It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've never posted in an online forum before but I started reading sites similar years ago. I am happy to find this one - with a specific support group. I've been on oxy (30mg) at least 6-9 a day. It's been a terrible cycle. I was at 3-4/day but spiraled the last few months. So I broke down - or should I say - gained courage - and went to my primary care, who was incredibly supportive and helpful. He wrote me a script for sub (zubsolv actually) for a week to start me. This was Thursday. I'm supposed to go in Monday and report my status. I can't get myself to make the switch. I picked up again today - I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I'm mostly afraid of the wait period until I can start the subs as I know it has to be approx 18-24 hours and be in moderate withdrawal. I don't know when I became this weak, but the thought of being remotely sick is making me run. And it's ridiculous. So I have 1 30mg left. I deleted my contacts number and told him I start subs tomorrow. I have to do this. I'm terrified. I'm also rambling here. Can anyone advise when I can start my first dose? I don't want to be in withdrawals when I go to dr on Monday morning so I want to start this ASAP. If I take my last dose today around say 5pm - could I potentially start my sub around 10am tomorrow? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:07 pm 

The best thing you can do is flush the remaining oxy and get started with your withdrawal. I know you're scared, but you can do this! I have a guide for you called COWS. You should be in at least moderate withdrawal before you start on sub to avoid precipitated withdrawals. Print out the PDF at this link:

http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf

It will guide you on what symptoms you should be feeling when you start induction with sub. Try to be realistic when filling out the COWS sheet. If you induct too soon you will feel really awful! My doctor had me wait 48 hours from my last dose, which is longer than most people have to wait, but it made my induction so wonderful! I walked out of his office (where I was induced) feeling like a normal, non-addict! So I don't regret that I was in withdrawal longer than most.

Do you have a sister or a best friend who could stay with you while you're in withdrawal? It might be helpful to be with someone else.

How much does your doctor want you to take on your first dose? How much oxy were you on daily? Sometimes doctors make the mistake of dosing too much for relatively light users. Most of us here are not doctors. We just have a lot of experience. Please feel free to ask more questions, but definitely print out the COWS sheet!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Amy just gave you awesome advice. If you follow her advice, you will be SO MUCH better off! You need to be in moderate WDs, I promise. Unfortunately, there's just no way to avoid being sick for a while before you start sub. I know it sucks to be sick, but try to keep thinking about how, if you can just push through, you will feel so much better within hours, if not minutes, once you properly induct sub. Then you will have a positive experience and can move on with life and your recovery!

I wish you a smooth sub induction! Once you are stable on sub, you can make positive life changes and live a happy life; it's doable!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both so much. I usually take 7 or so 30mg of oxy a day so I'm pretty high up (I think) but dr started me on 5.7 which I guess is equal to 8mg strip and said try that then if necessary go to 2x a day. I'm terrified as I said but I cannot wait to be done with this lifestyle. I don't have a friend or relative to help me through - well, I do have people, I just might play off the flu and ask for help with kids tomorrow so I wait as long as I can to take the sub. Ugh. Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:46 pm 

Hey :)

I know how scary it is to know ur gonna go through withdrawal, I was too when I started yrs ago. My Dr had me wait 32 hrs. I was feeling rough going in but like a million bucks coming out. It was worth that times a thousand trust me. Also, tell urself that it will be the last time u have to worry about withdrawal to a full blown opiate. More than likely, if u keep going on with the 30's, you'll be sick on and off regardless. So why not do it for a purpose ya know? Subscribe has changed our lives. Your kids will notice the positive change in u almost immediately. U can do this. Good luck!!

Btw, I was on 30's and pretty much as high of a dose u were also. I would never go bk to that again and I have never regretted that decision ever.....U won't either. I'm a mother of 3, best choice I ever made in my life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:48 pm 

Auto correct alert!!! I mean sub not subscribe lol.....dang :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hearing from you all is making me feel better. Thanks. I hope to update when I wake tomorrow after my first night sleep without a ridic amount of drugs in me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For My Kids

I wanted to chime in and tell you I was scare s-less to start suboxone. First and foremost it was my last hope! What if it didn't work, how would i feel, would my pain be covered and of course i didn't want to "be sick"...the list went on and on. It took me almost a year to finally go to the sub doc, and it changed my life for the better. One of my children told me I was like the old mom (the good mom) after i had been on sub for about a month.

The other thing i wanted to tell you was once i made the decision my w/d's weren't as bad as i thought they would be. I actually told the sub doc i didn't think i was ready to induct LOL He said i was and he was right.

Lastly, it took me a few weeks to get stable but i had a kidney stone brewing so that may be part of it.

You can do it! Give yourself a chance to get off the craziness of oxy's (that was my DOC).4

I feel for you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, there's another sign I should be on this site. The reason - well, that's not true / ONE of the reasons I ended up here is kidney stones. Multiple. Frequent. Hell bending stones. I have 10. In each kidney. Ridiculous. But I'm willing to find another coping mechanism at this point. I want to be the "old mom". So bad. Off to bed now - I'm hoping my sober day goes well tomorrow. Any coping techniques? I have a good 12 hours to kill tomorrow before I can take my first sub. Worst part!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

FMK

My pain is less on suboone when i pass a stone then when using. I also have multiple bilateral stones. I believe in signs and I just felt the need to chime in, right before going to sleep :D You are ready FMK, you just need to do it. You went to the doctor, came to the forum and all you have to do is wait a few hours and start on a new path. You are not weak! It took strength (courage) to go to your doctor and decide it was time to get off the oxy

Want one more sign? I am also on Zubsolv :lol: Same reason as you...that's what my insurance will cover and i have been A-OK.

Try to stay busy so time goes by more quickly. It may not be as bad as you think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok - I'm over the 12 hour mark and I feel ok. So def not taking Sub yet. I'm still in bed though. Ha. It's weird that I'm wishing for w/d's? I just want to take the sub so I don't take anything else. I kept finding pieces of pills if not whole pills yesterday - ridiculous. But I'm not taking it if i see something today. Must kill time - sober.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:26 am 

Crush those pieces and mix them with kitty litter (used kitty litter) or flush them! Don't have them "as back up" or whatever else you're thinking!

There's no way you'll mess up if there is no oxy in the house, so get rid of it!

I think today would be a great day for a movie/TV show marathon!

I want you to remember that we have all done what you're doing. We have all been through the discomfort. You are no different than we are. You can do this!

I'll be watching for your updates today, so if you need someone to help get you through it, make sure you reach out, OK?

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry I'm late chiming in, but I'm here for you too! Don't let the fear of WD steer you off course today!!!! There are so many threads here just like yours, and I always wish that I could just show each person in your shoes how much better you will feel if you just tough it out for a few more hours! There are so many unknowns in your head right now, but I promise you it is going to be so worth it. There is no need to fear anything if you just stick to the process. You are well on your way now, and shouldn't have to suffer too long. The only regret you will have is that you didn't do this sooner.

Stay strong, and definitely take Amy's advice and post if you feel week.

Good luck!!!!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For My Kids,
You will be so amazed at how well and "normal" you feel about 30 minutes after your first dose. At least that was my experience. It was SO NICE to end the cycle of taking the oxy and morphine, feeling good for a little while, then feeling poorly until my next dose, like a rollercoaster. The bupe puts you on a consistent, even keel.

Tonight is the finale for the Walking Dead, and they're showing all the episodes leading up to it on AMC. That might keep you occupied until time to induct.

You're almost there!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:25 pm 

Thanks for letting us know about that, Morphing! I love TWD! The finale's and mid-season finale's make me SO nervous. They just better not kill off Daryl!!

And For My Kids, Morphing is spot on! As long as you're at the proper level of withdrawal, you will feel great after the induction!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you!! You all are great! I'm feeling bad - gonna take .25 of the sub in a bit and see if I feel worse (meaning precipitated w/d's) or a little better. And go from there. It's time to make this switch! Eep! I haven't watched Walking Dead - kinda symbolic of my life the last year or - will try and catch that today. I'm nervous for the work week ahead since using is my way of coping with never ending demands. I look forward to seeing how this works and perhaps I find I don't need to flee to find a pill. I'll update on how the first .5 goes down if anyone wanted to read.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Go ahead and score yourself on the COWS before you dose just to be safe, but it sounds like you have waited long enough to me. I'm guessing you meant you were going to take .25% of the pill you have and not just .25mg's of bupe. You should start to feel better within about 30 minutes, but it may take up to an hour to get full relief. Whatever you do, just don't take anything else besides your bupe. No other opiates, even if you have a slight PW...which I don't expect to happen at all. Usually coming from oxy or percs is a fairly smooth transition.

As for The Walking Dead, I am beyond excited to see the finale tonight, but kind of bummed that it's over. The season is never long enough! Rick has totally flipped his lid though, hasn't he? That jerk off husband next door doesn't have a clue who he is messing with! I'm worried about who is going to die next too, Amy. I don't think it will be Daryl, but you never know with those guys. He is definitely one of my favorite characters, but Carol is making a pretty big comeback for good viewing as well this season!

Sorry about the detour in topic FMK! Let us know how it goes!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:04 pm 

FMK I think u will be good, that's what I was coming off of when I inducted. I waited 32 hrs though. If I were u, I'd wait as long as ya can stand it. U will instantly feel better after u take ur sub.

Now...Walking Dead....omg!! Mega fan here. Saw every episode multiple times. Rick is my main squeeze and I miss that rough sexy beard. I'm watching the marathon and soooo excited for the finale tonight. My phones ringtone is the theme song. It's a family event here every Sunday night and after tonight I'll be very depressed til it comes bk on.

Everyone have a great evening!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

JennJenn and QHorsegal - thanks a million. All in! Feeling fine. Physically. I'm emotionally - weirded out. I don't know how to spend my time really. Of course there could be worse problems. I've already saved myself $200 by this point in the day. Ridiculous how much money I was spending and the repetitive behavior. Everything was - is - I mean, I'm less than 24 hours in. Everything is broken up by when I will take my next dose. So now to replace that with something else. Perhaps a walk? Like everytime I wouldn't done some - walk for 10 mins. Idk. Just rambling. So I too my whole pill - in increments - I'll assess how I'm doing later tonite if I think I need the 2nd but I hope to stay on this dose to get off easier - whenever that is. And ya, I meant a quarter of my pill - did that until it was gone. Thanks much for more chats. Appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:57 pm 

Yes, it's a feeling of freedom from the obsession, but wondering if there's ever going to be something else to look forward to. Enjoy the freedom. At work this week should be pretty good, especially if your job keeps you busy.

You will, over time, find other things to anticipate and enjoy. In my case, I bought a number of books on my kindle I had been looking forward to reading. I tried to make sure I had a really enjoyable meal or dessert every day. I started planning vacations, which you can probably afford now! I did treat myself with some online shopping, but be careful of going overboard (which I did!) I also started playing some games on my computer called Big Fish games. In the games I get to be the detective or central character solving a mystery or saving a kingdom. Each game cost like $5 to download and they take hours to solve. It's a pretty harmless new addiction that doesn't cause problems in my life! :)

You will figure this out! The important thing is that you just made one of the best changes you could possibly make! Be proud of choosing this path toward recovery! Use this time to improve your life. It's a gift that you've given yourself.

Amy