It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:55 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Im addicted to opiates and have been for the past 2 years. I want to go get help so bad but i have so many things that are making me nervous and in turn stopping me from getting the help i seriously need. I know i have a problem, i have no problem admiting that. But my question is, i have googled places i can go to get suboxone and along with the regular rehab facility that i can go to, it also shows me multiple docotors that i can go to. Theres one doctor that along with being able to perscribe suboxone is also a psychiatrist. I know that i not only need the medicine but also need to go to counseling to help me beat this addiction. I dont want to go to the rehab facility in my area so im wondering if i can go to this dr or one of the other drs on the list instead of going to the rehab facility. Idk if this is a stupid question but i know nothing about any of this other than i need to get on suboxone asap. I want to go to a regular drs office so bad but idk if i can. Will they just perscribe it to me or will they tell me i have to go to rehab? Can anyone help???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:59 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Btw, i know that i cant just go to any dr and that i need to go to a dr that can perscribe suboxone. I just dont know if i can go to them or if i HAVE to go to an actual rehab facility.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:23 pm 

Hello Addicted,
Welcome to the forum.
Treatment with suboxone was intended to be used in the office setting . Although clinics
and rehabs now do offer this .
Its really up to you on how to proceed. You ve stated that rehab isnt your thing. Thats fine.
Call around to these other drs and how soon you can start.
See what kind of program they offer and just what the requirements will be.
Chances are these drs will not ask you to go to rehab, that choise is up to you.
I go to a psychiatrist for my ed, although it is in a clinic setting. Plus
there is counseling the first year.

So start your recovery asap by making those calls. Be as honest as you can
and tell them what you need snd want.
Sub therapy can work great for you. It did for me..

Razor...
Oh and Addicted318, there are no Stupid question s here ..so ask anything. ...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank u so much, especially for the "there are no stupid questions" comment. Ive spent the majority of my day trying to find a place i can go but all but 2 are not accepting new patients. The receptionist from one called me back today but i felt like it was sketchy. He called from California , mind you i live in NY, and said that my first appointment would be $350 (i know that all of these drs are extremely expensive) but what made me nervous was that he said that on top of the $350 there was a $156 non refundable fee to make the appointment and that i would have to give him a credit card over the phone to pay it and that was the only way i could get an appointment. Idk that just seemed weird to me. The only other place is about 45 mins away and im struggling financially already (partially because of my addiction) so idk how i can afford to pay the $300 fee for the first visit, then $160 for every visit after, plus pay for gas to get back and forth. I just dont know what to do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:08 pm 

Addicted,
Your in need of help. You are trying to save and rebuild your life. This is the first step.
You know this.
That Cali thing, forget that one...on a number of fronts and reasons...

The second isnt a bad deal . Yes, treatment is expensive. Especially in the begining.
Can they start seeing you now? How loug would you have to pay the 160? Is it monthly,weekly.
Those numbers arent really bad.
What is included in these fees? Some therapy maybe? I want to encourage you to pull out
all the stops and do whatever you can to help yourself. Money is tight, i get that, do i ever.I pay out
of pocket myself. But it is worth it. Life can get better quite quickly.

In the clinic i go to i have mates that drive over 3 hours to get there meds. Meaning
that there is a shortage of sub drs in this country and you are very fortunate to have found one willing to take you Now.

It burns me up when i read over and over how the cost and availability get in the way of this treatment.
Believe me, you are not alone with this problem.
Find away Addicted. I know easy for me to say from here. But its so worth it. Getting off that merry go round.
Im sorry if this is just a pep talk, but maybe call that office back and ask them more questions about the type of treatment this money includes and for how loug..

And hey, gas prices keep dropin too..

Wish i could be of more help. But you did find a dr ready to take you now. And thats huge...keep posting Addicted..

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi addicted,

Razor has already given you great advice. I agree with him, the one that returned your call from California sounds a bit sketchy. The prices you have been quoted all seem to be right in line with what they are in my area as well. Yeah, they are very expensive, but after that first visit is over it gets much easier. I'm sure you were spending quite a bit more than $150 per month on your addiction right? Do you have insurance that will cover your medication costs? Most insurance companies WILL cover most of the price of suboxone.

I can't stress enough how much this will change your life. Addicted, you are worth whatever it takes to make this happen. You deserve this chance.

I really hope you are able to get in with a doctor soon. I hate that this program is so hard to get into. I hate that it is as expensive as it is. But, I am thankful that it is available at all. It gave me a chance to get my life back.

Oh, and Razor was completely right. There are NO dumb questions here. You should see some of the things I asked when I first came here! LOL...

Welcome to the forum!

Q

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:48 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

razor is right. i agree with him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi addicted. I wanted to add that many providers are not listed on the physician finder sites. I would call around to large mental health clinics particularly county mental health clinics or low income clinics. I found one in my area by word of mouth that runs $90 for ongoing appts and also take insurance. I only pay $15 copay. Good luck. I started out at a really expensive doctor and it took a year and a half to find a provider that accepts insurance. Keep trying

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Addicted,
Everyone above me has given you good advice. I live in Ohio, and yes it seems sub Dr.s are hard to find everywhere. You are lucky if you find one that is not booked up solid. You can always keep calling the Dr.s over and over and maybe they will have an opening sooner or later. I pay $350.00 a month broken down into payments of $175.00 every 2 weeks. That includes in office counseling and I even see a nurse practitioner once a month. The Cal. thing sounds like a methadone/suboxone clinic. I know when I first called to get in a methadone clinic I talked to someone in California, but they never ask me for money. Anyway I just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in. Good luck and don't stop trying cause we have all been there. I have been consuming opiates for 15 years and you sure don't wanna end up like me! lol
Hang in there!
Happyg1961