It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I realize that this same topic has been done many times before but everyone is on different doses, or just has a different body chemistry....Anyways, I just need some quick reassurance.

About a week ago, I washed a pair of pants that had my suboxone in it. I don't know how my suboxone bottle got there since I always keep it in my dresser. Of all weeks the weeks this had to happen it landed on when my Doc was out of town for a week. Being the thinker that I am, over my time on sub I've put aside a little emergency stash just for this situation. Being paranoid and a tad OCD paid off for me once actually. Anyways, I only had enough to last till this past Saturday. My prescribed dose is 16MG a day which I've been on for about a year. But in order to ration I went from 16 to 12 to 8 to 4 to 2. I took my last dose early Saturday morning (3 AM approx) and right now it's been about 48 hours with no ill effects except some drowsiness and some lost appetite.

I see my doctor tomorrow at 3 PM. Between waiting time, actual appointment time, and pharmacy time I wont have a sub in me till about 6PM. That'll be 63 hours. Am I going die between then and now or will I survive? I've read varied posts saying it will stay in your system anywhere from 36 to 72 hours. Keep in mind that when I was using, I had horrible withdrawals compared to some of my friends.

As of right now, I'm a little tense, tired, apathetic, and I guess just worried. The whole reason I got clean was to never have to go through withdrawals.

Please tell me I'm going to make it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Mayun - First of all, it's good to "see" you again...It's been awhile. I'm just sorry this crappy situation is what brought you back to us. It's my opinion that you will make it until tomorrow evening, although it might become difficult for you. The AVERAGE half-life is 37 hours, with the high end 72. But keep in mind that you've got more than just a few doses in your system...It's built up in you. Depending on your metabolism, you might not feel any worse or it might in fact, get worse. I know that doesn't help you, but you just never know.

Was there anything at all left inside the bottle? Do you have any old bottles left with the powder in them? I know, I'm grasping at straws. What happened to you absolutely SUCKS. It's a damn good thing you had a stash tucked away for just such emergencies. My advice to you is to distract yourself and stay as busy as possible. I hope you make it just fine. Please keep us posted. And again, it's good to hear from you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you will be okay but you won't feel wonderful. My guess is you will feel tired, may be yawning a little, and low on energy, and you may have some insomnia issues, but you will not be in full WD yet and you will make it. HOWEVER....that first dose of sub is going to feel great. Keep in mind that if you are interested, now is a good time to permanently taper if you are interested in that kind of thing. It would be much easier to drop to a lower dose. Hope you are doing ok.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: I made it...barely.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, after the longest doctors appointment in the history of mankind, I made it. Waking up this morning was pure hell though, I had that cement feeling...Where every step and movement feels like you're in hardening cement. I made it JUST in the knick of time. While I was waiting at the pharmacy, I started sweating profusely, had the yawns, restless legs, headache, etc. I am currently taking my dose right now and am feeling normal again.

Thank you for your support Jackcrack and Hatmaker.