It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know you are so right.. so far I have not done anymore.. I am going to try my best. Just gotta stay busy and remember it's truely going to be worth it in the end. I will keep you posted wish me luck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you! You also have a HUGE advantage with your appointment being at 6 am!!! How fabulous is that?! That is awesome because you won't have to wait most of the day to get there! If you can stay as busy as you possibly can through the day, listening to your favorite music, maybe going for a walk, anything to help get your mind off of it.

Then maybe try going to bed early, and take a nice, hot, long, bath beforehand. Maybe try some melatonin, and/or sleepy time tea with it to help you nod off. Hopefully you will get some sleep, and when you get up the appointment will be soon. I know for me having the appt, set so early would have been a Godsend. Nothing worse that getting up and sweating having to wait the entire day before the appointment. You are so lucky in that regard! :D

Just remember now that this is not suppose to be real easy. Plan on those withdrawals hitting, and think of it as a fight - you against the symptoms. And do everything possible to WIN this fight. Take nothing that will make you feel better is my suggestion. You want to look at it like I said earlier - you have to get real sick before you get to feel better. It's always been my opinion that when your getting ready for induction you don't want to take things to make you feel better. You WANT those withdrawals to get there and soon they will be gone!

Stick with it ok. The doctor will be happy you followed directions, and once the sub enters your system you should begin to feel soooo much better. Post all you need to during the day and night. Your getting tons of support which is awesome, and what this site is famous for! If you find yourself struggling, get on here and someone should be here to chat with you. I'll keep an eye out for you too! Best wishes. You CAN do it!

Karen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Please let me say something else and I will leave you alone for a while! :D

I highly suggest you flush all pills/tramadol you have remaining right away. I know you are very strong-willed, but so are those drugs. They will really tempt you when the going gets rough. I've been there so many times, and they are extremely sneaky when you least expect it.

You will be going along just fine and then some symptoms will pop up. You remember you have a few of whatever, and it's so easy to make yourself believe just one won't hurt. And before you know it you have taken more than one. Happened to me over and over. I'm sure others can relate to what I'm saying.

It takes an extreme amount of courage to flush those pills, which were the safety net for so long. But I promise you that if you do flush them 2 things will happen....
1. You will be so proud of yourself...
2. A sense of exhilaration will come over you like never before!

It will make you feel so good to watch them disappear. At least give it some serious thought ok?

Karen

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey congrats on finding the doctor! I agree with Browneyedgirl. Do as the doctor says. She knows what she's talking about! It's already 9 AM (Here in New Mexico anyways) so I'm assuming you have already seen the doc? Let us know how it went!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

pinupgirl666 wrote:
It's already 9 AM (Here in New Mexico anyways) so I'm assuming you have already seen the doc?
I'm pretty sure Iwnt2liv meant 6 am tomorrow (Wed.) morning? So he/she needs to get through today and tonight.

I hope I have that correct?

Karen