It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was kicked out of my doc once and have just recently returned. Neither time did my doc give me an induction. Bc I hadn't had any opiates for 5 days (both times) he just went and decided a dose based on what I had told him. The first time I was on 1 8mg suboxone strip a day now I am on 1 8.6 zubsolv which to my understanding is the equivilant of 1 1/2 suboxone strips. The problem is that both times I have expressed that I didn't feel like it was enough and he will not increase my dose. When I was kicked out for relapse I was out for two years and I had been going to the streets for that time having to have at least 16 mgs a day. Do you think this is right for him to do and what can I do to change it??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you were able to get back in with your Dr. and get your medicine instead of having to purchase on the streets. Hopefully, if you need the extra few mgs, your Dr. will increase your dosage, but you may level off and find you really don't need that high of a dose after all. Just wait and see how you feel after a few days. That being said, I understand wanting more mg. when you've been taking 16 on the street.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been back for almost two months now. As a matter of fact I felt good for the first couple weeks and then started to feel like I was withdrawaling. And when I told him that he's like I'm already giving you more than I was before... But in my head I'm thinking yeah and that was how long ago? I'm not the only patient he does this to. He basically refuses everyone who asks. Once he puts you on a dose that's it and especially with me since he didn't do an induction I just don't see how he can make that kind of decision without considering that he may be off a bit.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If selling is what he is worried about I get that however I'm not asking for another pill. I'm only asking for the next dose up which is 11.4 so I would be taking the equivilant of two instead of one and a half. I just don't understand what the big deal is. I'd still only be getting one pill. And according to him (not saying I agree) you can't break them in half otherwise they won't work so it's not like I would be breaking it half to sell it. I wouldn't anyway even if he said it did. I don't sell mine like a lot of other ppl I know do. I take mine everyday and the earge to take more than I'm prescribed is getting worse and I really really don't want to mess up. I don't know how to get him to listen and take me seriously. Unfortunately being addict it's hard to take us seriously. He says bc I am an addict I can't be trusted and am manipulative.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well that's not a nice thing to say about addicts! LOL Ne needs to check that bed side manner.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I went to get on Suboxone, it was something else. I had lost my Dr., and was getting Norco to just stay on a high enough dose to keep myself out of withdrawals. Anyway he's like you need to be going through withdrawals. I had a whole bottle of 7.5's and had to just go into withdrawal for a couple of days, then be induced. The relief I felt from the get go is something I'll never forget. Oh what a relief it is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I did go through withdrawals. He wants you to go without for at least 3 day.I went 5. Not by choice thoug.. It was only bc I couldn't get anything the two days before starting the 3 days with nothing.I wish he would have given me an induction. That was my whole worry was that I wanted to be dosed correctly and Here he didn't even do one. He had on everyone else I know that goes to him. See we live in a very small town and he is the ONLY sub doc in the county. Other than one other that you have to pay an arm and a leg for. A lot of ppl end up going 2 to 3 hours away to other doctors.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That's why he says and does what he foes bc he knows if you really want to stay on your meds then you will put up with it. What's funny is that he claims himself a Christian and plays nothing but Christian music in his office. It actually makes me sick. Not the music lol but just knowing who he is and how he portrays himself. He is very rude. He said prob the most degrading thing to my best friend once while she was there for a check up while she was sick, she thought he was going to look in her throat cuz that's what was hurting so she opened her mouth but he was actually going to look in her nose and he says "typical woman"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HELLL NAWW!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Right?! Ugh the whole thing bothers me so much but I don't feel like I have a choice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your not telling me anything about Dr.s in small towns. There isn't one in the county I live in. I have to go to another state to go to my Dr. We are on the Alabama GA. line. There are some arrogant Dr.s around here too. Especially at some of the pain clinics I used to frequent quite regularly. Arrogant as hell. But thank goodness I don't have to mess with there ol messy ways any more.