It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

On 11-24, I had an appoinment with my suboxone doctor. I asked to reduse my dose from 2.5 per day, to an even 2/per day. Ive been in treetment for 11 months now and I get my full month at once. Well this month Im straped for cash in a huge way, and could not afford my complete scrip of 60. So I ended up geting 16. 8 days worth.
Well on friday I went back to the phamacy to get 16 more to last the comeing up week.
I was told it was too soon for me to get them, I asked how is it too soon? They said in qctober I got a full script of 75 and that it should have lasted me until now. What they dont understand is when I got 75/per month, I was taking 2.5/per day. Now im only taking 2/per day. So on the computer it looks like I have always been on 2 per day and Im taking too much meds. witch is not true, I can not afford to take what I have to, I surely would not take more.

So me being almost out of meds, and the phamacy closed on weekends I asked if their is anyway I can get them filled? I normal buy them all at once. I not restricted to a certain amount. They tell me the only way is with my doctor approvel.
I told them go for it call my doctor. Well they told my doctor something wrong or said it in a bad way or something. Because my doctor asked to talk to me, She thought I was already OUT and asking for more. I could not explain to her that I just wanted to get what I had in the pharmacy, Not approve more. Somehow my doctor did not understand that, and even said to me , "your taking 5 per day or your selling them" Even after talking to the pharmacist she did not believe they would call to approve what I had in the computer, she still believes that im asking for more then my normal monthly amount. In other words my doctor thinks I have took 60 8mg tabs since 11-24 until 12-08 when I will run out.

And it is just not true, The only issue is the pharmacy thinks Ive always been on 2/per day, and since I filled 75 on 10-24 that I should still have them and not need any of the new 60 that was called in. Do you understand? I feel like im explaining it wrong.

Now Im scared to death. I run out of meds on monday (tomarrow) My doctor wants to see me on tuesday,, and the 44 pills I had remaining in the pharmacy have been canceled, It shows I have no more refils. But on friday I had 44 left. so I guess my doctor asked to have them removed?? And Im scared that on tuesday she is going to cut me off for good.

And although when I was on dope I sis some shady shit, this time Im honestly in the right. I did nothing wrong. the messed up part is, All of this happend just because I asked for my dose to be lowered from 2.5 to 2/per day. If I had not done that the computer would show im right on track.

What should I do to pleed my case? Im afraid if I go to my doctor and say "its not my falut, Its an error in the computer system because I did not buy them all at once and my dose has changed" I don't think They wont believe me. why should they believe an ex-junky over a pharmacist computer? But at the same time I dont want to go to my doctor and lie, say that I ate too many or somehting. Ive always been very honest with my doctor. Im very serious about my treetment. Ive never took one extra pill with out telling the doctor, and now because the computer says I have always been on 2 per day, It looks like 15 pills are missing. But they are not. I took them when I was on 2.5 per day.

I hope You can understand what Im tring to say, Ive found out people don't understand or I would not be in this mess to start with.

I just don't know what I should do, Im planing on bringing my empty bottles and my laptop so I can log on to the phamacy and show them where the mistake is and show how many I have got out since oct 10th, But now I have none left in the pharmacy, when even my last bottle says "2 refills". I had 44 on friday, I checked on-line friday and it showed qty:44 but today it shows "No refils remaining" So if it was not my doctor that cancled it, and it was the phamacy. Then it looks as if I got out all 44 over the weekend. And that will make things much much much more worse.

Honestly in my 11 mounths, Ive took 8-10 extra pills then I should have. Everyone I talked with my doctor about. I have never sold any of mine. In fact I moved 200 miles away from where I was living just so I would not be tempted to relapce. Where I live now I know not one single person. I changed my whole life when I went clean. Since day one of the suboxone treetment I have been 100% clean. I take this very serious. And would not do anything to chance it.

thanks for your help, and sorry for the long read. I wanted to express all the facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow ! R/X-man!

I understand your anxiety.

If I were in your shoes for tomorrow, I would write out VERY SHORT BULLET's on a piece of paper each item so you don't forget.

Then, hopefully you have your receipts, show the doctor what happened. That your money ran out - and that you filled part of the order.

Take your bottles, receipts, everything you have - but approach this with honesty.

It's hard four us to put ourselves in doctor's shoes sometimes. They get played/manipulated in every possible way. If someone goes to them with the facts and wants to stay clean - I believe they will do just that.

If you walk in and say ' The Pharmacy is F*'d up, they can't explain Sh*t, and I am so mad at this....' . The doctor is going to react in kind. If you go in the office with honesty, telling them you are anxious, and want to stay clean - and here are the facts - (have a copy of short bullet lines for them) - then I think your odds are fantastic.

If you have 'played' the doctor in the past, then all bets are off. I think you can make the best determination, but humility, honesty, and facts are my advice.

But, it's only my advice - I am no pro. Good Luck and PLEASE KEEP US POSTED! I am so sorry it's borked up this bad for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the suport! I just thought I would give an update for anyone who may find them self in the same boat.

I went the the honesty, And it worked. I gathered up every single bottle I had form the last 90days, made a time line on the computer, Loged in to my online pharmacy account and printed the page.
By the time my doctor appointment came around I had a theroy to what I thought had happend. When I got to my doctor, I compaired notes with her, and we found the prob, Turned out it was not what I thought.
I thought the phamacy had messed up. I thought since in oct I was on 2.5/per day, and then november on 2/per day, I thought they had it where it looked like I had allways been on two per day.
I was wrong. Turned out being much more complex, and less of my fault.
Here is what happend: I Ordered a refill online, to be picked up on the 4th I only ordered 16 suboxone since im having some money issues right now. Well when the 4th came I went to the phamarcy to pick up my script. Since I had ordered in many days ago (7 or 8) I figured they would have it ready. Well when I asked for it, the cashier said I did not have one ready, that it showed none had been filled. So I went over to the order window and told them I needed to get 16 of my pills filled. That is when they said NO you have filled TOO MUCH. What happend is the pharmacy filled the 16 on the day I ordered them not the the pick up day of the 4th. So in their computer it looked as if I had got 16 on the 29th and 16 more on the 4th. And that is why they said I had too many. Because the 16 I ordered on the 29th was sitting in the back somewhere, and I never picked it up. But they thought I did since they where filled! Needless to say, My doctor canceled my script at that pharmacy. Their where other issues with the pharmacy also that I won't get in to, and I did find a mistake on my own part as well. Nothing bad, But never the less could have started this whole confusing process.

Here is what I have lurned from this whole deal I had: Never LIE to your doctor! I came real real close to confessing to something I did not do, out of fear my doctor would never believe the truth form an ex-junkey. Ive never lied to my doctor, and don't ever plan to do so. Before this whole issue, I honestly thought I was ready to be 100% clean, and free from my old life. But when this happend and I was struck with the fear of being out of meds, My first instinct was to lie and tell my doctor what I thought she wanted to know. Just like I would have to get pills in the past. It shows me I have not changed as much as I had hoped. But the fact that I stood up and told the truth, over A lie I thought would work better. Shows me Im changing, just not completly changed yet. This was a good experance for me. It was a ture test of my will, and I believe I passed with a c+

Thanks for your help and support!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:31 pm 
I'm so glad everything turned out okay for you. I was thinking SURELY to God you'd be able to prove your case.....and you did. Your honesty (and good record keeping) paid off. It's good to hear about it when things do work out when you've done all the right things. That's the way it's supposed to be! Thanks for letting us know!