It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

We are all here because we are addicts of one drug or another. I have a dear friend that won't realize she is back to square one. What do you say? What do you do to help? She was hooked on Meth for a very long time, and did some prison time for it. She got clean and was for over 10 years. Then she was diagnosed with MS. So then came all the drugs for that and now she is on (of course) pain meds. Well she can't always afford her meds and I know she has turned back to Meth to get through her day and be comfortable. This is not good, she can't afford the prescription meds anymore than she can the street meds. Big Pharma sucks! She is a stubborn bitch that won't seek outside help because she doesn't think she has a problem. How do you help a friend? Do you do an intervention and risk losing that friend? That is all, rant over.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey JuJu I wish I had an answer here. This is a truly tough situation for you. Is she aware of your Bupe use? Maybe she could see how much you have changed for the better and seek some type of treatment too. Hopefully someone with more experience will come along with some help & advice for you.

All I can say is that I wish you & your friend the very best. The MS diagnosis is sad when she was doing so well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's a tough decision to be sure, but consider: If she was in a correct state, would she consider it a blow to the friendship if you took measures to save her from self destruction? Because on the surface of your description of it, the loss of a dear friend seems a very possible outcome, whether you take action or choose to do nothing. Maybe that means an intervention, or perhaps even taking the proactive stance of telling this friend that her friends will not stand idly by and watch her destroy herself. It was the realization of loss that finally drew me out of active addiction and into recovery, moreso than a group of friends emptying a waste basket full of my excess to remind me what I had become. The latter never happened. But in my humble opinion--and it is very merely that--I consider it the truer act of friendship to take the hard stance, to pet against the grain of the bitch's fur, than to let her walk alone into destruction. Meth is a very high friction drug. She may be more miserable than she's able to realize right now. And again, I'm not trying to spur you toward one action or another, only to withdraw yourself for a moment as a concerned participant and examine it from a more objective standpoint. I wish you both the best, whichever way this goes.