It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I have to find a new
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I went to my sub doctor , also my psychiatrist, and she told me that she was moving out of state. (very sad) She has been so wonderful to me. She has me on every three month visits and six month ua's. I have been on sub for 4 and a half years and have never screwed up. My first sub doctor was so difficult. Monthly visits, drug testing every visit, didn't take insurance so cost me $225 a visit. I dont expect to find anyone as easy going as my current doctor, but pray that i don't find one as rigid and distrustful as the first one. Also trying to decided if I should reduce my dose from 6 to 4 mg. I am sixty two years old and don't want to be taking sub in my dotage. Jean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jean,
I'm sorry you're losing what sounds like a great doctor. It seems like more and more doctors lately are taking insurance - at least that's the sense I get. My current doctor I found on NAABT.org's doctor/patient matching and he's also now my primary care doctor. Very convenient! There's also doctor locators on suboxone.com and samhsa.gov.

How much time do you have before you lose your doctor? I hope you have plenty of time to find a new doctor. Let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: I found a new sub doctor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My former doctor actually found a new doctor for me. I met with her once a she seems to work pretty much like the old one. She gave me an RX for 30 days with one refill on the first visit. Pretty amazing I think. Only problem is the she is an hour and a half drive. She has another office 45 minutes away so I will be able to transfer there after one more visit to her first office. Thanks. Jean