It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: sssss
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jjjjjj

Last edited by subisamiracle on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Sub
Before i got prescribed Suboxone 3 yrs ago. I would snort the occasional pill. I'm not sure why you would feel that it only lasts a couple of hours doing it sublingually. But yes the film def is more Bioavailable then the pills. In my opinion, having been on both. I'm sure you'll get many replies from other more knowledgeable members. I'm on Morning 15 off 16mg Cold Turkey jump today. It hasn't been at all easy. I'm sorry you're not doing well. I'm not judging u. We all do strange addict minded things. But snorting bupe isn't the intended way to use. Are you using your sub to feel high or to stay clean. (Off other opies) as that makes a huge difference at times.
Hoping you keep us updated. And get a more knowledgeable response.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:16 am 

From what I understand, despite the fact that you may be absorbing the bupe faster and nasal absorption may increase the amount of bupe you're getting, this medication still has things about it that make it unique. First of all, the half-life of bupe is still long. Just because you're snorting it doesn't mean that it's going to be metabolized super quickly. The absorption component will be faster, but the half life is still anywhere from 12 to 48 hours. Half-life is the amount of time it takes for 50% of the bupe to leave your system. Short-acting opiates have a half-life of maybe 3.5 to 4 hours.

The second reason that you're still reaping the benefit of the bupe you are taking is because it stacks up in your system so that you have a steady amount 24/7. If you are taking 12 mg (equivalent) of zubsolv a day, you have plenty of bupe in your system all the time.

So the reason you're feeling cravings is not physical, it's psychological. Your brain remembers certain behaviors and environments as triggers for your drug use. It is completely possible that snorting the pill has tapped you into a pleasure/reward circuit that your brain associates with abusing opiates. The craving you feel is not phony, it's just not physical. You need the help of an addiction therapist to help you change your behavior with bupe. You have to interrupt the cycle. Bupe is only a tool for recovery. You have work to do on changing your behavior.

The only other possible explanation that I can think of is that you have a Genetic Opioid Metabolic Defect which can cause opiates to be metabolized very quickly and therefore out of your system very quickly. If you think that this could be a problem ask your doctor to test you for it. Only 20 to 30% of people on opiates have a GOMD, so your problems are more likely to be tied into the psychological component of the pleasure/reward circuit that your brain remembers so well.

You can overcome this with help, but I believe that you do need outside help.

Amy