It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: i hate subs.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i hate subs. i hate the way that shit has made me feel. i felt like a zombie really. i slept way too much, was way lazy, gained oodles of weight, was depressed, no sex life, the list just goes on and on. just fkkin loaded. i realize now, coming off this shit, just how loaded my brain really was. i thought i was getting clean. knowing what i know now, i wasn't clean. at all.

but unfortunately, it's big pharma. oh, the current med is causing this? well here's an rx for that. and that rx causes what? ok, well this'll cover that. and before you know it, it's fuckin 6 YEARS LATER and yer mind is so fkkin gone but you didn't even realize it. but then, EVENTUALLY, you WAKE UP and realize, hey, wait a minute, i was sold a shitty bill of goods right now because goddamn, i don't feel better! i feel way worse than where i started from. i went from one thing to something else entirely. i went legal! and damn look where it got me. oh sure, it works, for a time. after doing just the smallest amount of research i see the hole i fell into, one drug after another that we were put on that we knew nothing about and were compliant patients and look at what we are left with. we're left withdrawing off drugs upon drugs upon drugs. i can see the allure from the beginning of the road and the first 2 years where yer finally able to start picking up the pieces of yer life, fixing the wreckage from yer time using. it's a necessary part of the process. but this shit is going to catch up to you eventually, believe me. i consider it paying my dues, finally.

but to see some of the rhetoric of the pro-subbers just makes me shake my head. i was around here w.a.y. back in my journey, and once my eyes were opened about this shit, it was just as i suspected, there are so many ppl out there that are now finding themselves in the exact spot that i am. with no where to turn to get the straight story. ironic isn't it that the primary forum is funded by that shit. all things being equal tho, there have been enough gems tucked in there to keep me coming back and it's helped me tremendously so i'm glad it's here for ppl. just wish it wasn't going to end up being too late. /sigh.
apparently my emotions were gone. totally deadened. i wasn't even aware of it, until one day my eyes were opened. i stopped to look at my life and how i was living and i realized this is not the place i wanna be. i don't want to be a zombie. i don't want to be a COMPLIANT PATIENT. if this is what going legal gets you, then i want no part of it. i want off this ride. and am i sick, holy shit. i had NO CLUE what i was doing to my body, my life, my self when i started signing my name.

so i'm getting off this ride. i'm so grateful tho because yes i'm fkkin sick, a whole lot more sick than i had any clue i would be, but i'm feeling again. and i have my soul mate and best friend to go through all of this with. i'd forgotten what it felt like to make love to my man because i hadn't been able to feel anything at all for so long. emotions? i'll take em. fkk all the rest. peace y'all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Suboxone effects everyone different obviously. And I know some have problems with it. Alot of folks misusse the suboxone and wonder why it led them down a shitty path. Howevvveerrr.

I've beeen on subs a long time. Many years. I have always felt my emotions, taken pleasure in little things and new things, laughed all the time, held a great relationship, and basically love life.

So when I read these kind of posts it is almost mind boggling. I go to 4-8 NA meetings a week, therapy every so often, no other medications, and I havent used any othrrr substances or alcohol for over a year now. I think these things play a huge role in where I am and where some others are. I could be wrong, but I can't let someone just post about how terrible a medicine is...so that new people will see it.

Everyone is different and no two people have exactly the same go.round.

And before someone says...just dont read that section or whatever....the new mobile app just posts the most recent posts in no certain order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey dirtysouth,

Have you quit Suboxone already or are you still tapering? If you're still tapering, what dose have you got down to?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm 
Dirtysouth. Trust me I feel the same way as you. My Va called me to telling me my AST i think it was for my liver was elevated. Funny that this is the only med i take. Also I probably raised my tolerance to opiates overall by getting on this med. I don't really have energy. I can sleep all day if i want to. No energy to get out of bed somedays. I think my t-levels are plummeting aswell being on this crap. I'm taking a few days off the sub soul sucker and only taking 2mg. I was at 8-12mg and it's time to get off this demon. I've been off for 4 days now. I feel like crap. But i actually have emotions and ups and downs again. Now im going to try between doses of 2-4mg a day.

I just want to be myself again. This stuff is ridiculous. Considering the first time i took a sub i was waaaay more loaded then oxycodone has ever taken me. Imagine that. I have not only raised my tolerance/dependance. It's time to get off this legal high/harm reduction med.

I'm considering taking short acting opiates to get over the sub withdraw. and detox cold turkey from that. I have NEVER in 3months on my oxy addiction had any side effects like i do with sub. I feel as though we are Guinea pigs on suboxone. And there is much to be said about it's long term/high dose effects. I REFUSE to be the example of what horrible effects this med may bring.

Also, i am very frightened that if i were to get into a accident what they would give me for pain relief. I watched a friend get numerous fentanyl injections while on 4mg of subs. He suffered severely after he had a ridiculous amount of fentanyl pumped into him.

If anything my goal is to get into the microgram doses of sub in order to dose harm reduction some of the terrible side effects i get. My side effects include. Two back to back tests of high liver enzymes, poor sex drive, For being 23 this is terrible, at least on oxy i had a sex drive. Probably low T, Headaches once or twice a week that nothing can take away the throbbing/pulsing, blurred vision? I feel like it is literally destroying my vision, Fatigue, i could sleep 24 hours if i wanted to. Again low t? Mood feels just blank, neither here nor there. I have never had this feeling of emptiness in my whole life. I feel as though i am just going through the motions and not really happy or sad. Combination of all these regular effects ultimately is leading me to depression. Hey i guess being depressed is a good thing since im usually emotionally blank on this stuff? WRONG i'm NOT playing this game.

I'm sorry i abused oxy for 3 months. But after 8 months on this stuff. I have to be done. I called this detox center to ask if they do suboxone detox. She said "Oh your still taking it, No we can't help you. That's just replacing one habit for another. Please call back when you are wanting to get sober" and would you believe it. Without me saying another word she HUNG UP on me.

Within the next two and a half to three months. I will be off this stuff. Or will voluntarily check myself in the mental ward untill i can get off this stuff. I am not on it one year and allready realize the start of some very serious effects of this med.

This is my experience and opinion. Funny seeing how many people are reporting the SAME side effects as me. I googled the liver damge and low t stories from sub use ONLY. And that right there is the kicker. Strike me with lightening for abusing oxy for about 90 days. But, i'll take another deployment in afghanistan if i can successfully get off this soul stealing medicine. : (

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

mm-
Quote:
Suboxone effects everyone different obviously. And I know some have problems with it. Alot of folks misusse the suboxone and wonder why it led them down a shitty path. Howevvveerrr.
I've beeen on subs a long time. Many years. I have always felt my emotions, taken pleasure in little things and new things, laughed all the time, held a great relationship, and basically love life.

lucky for you! truly. that was not my experience.

Quote:
So when I read these kind of posts it is almost mind boggling. I go to 4-8 NA meetings a week, therapy every so often, no other medications, and I havent used any othrrr substances or alcohol for over a year now. I think these things play a huge role in where I am and where some others are. I could be wrong, but I can't let someone just post about how terrible a medicine is...so that new people will see it.

i'm not sure i know exactly what yer referring to here, but...ABSOLUTELY new ppl should see posts like mine!! ppl should be able to locate and find tales from both sides of the coin so they can make an informed decision.

Quote:
Everyone is different and no two people have exactly the same go.round.

EXACTLY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

romeo- the hubs and i are off the subs now for say 10 or 11 days. i tapered as long and low as i could but in the end just decided to jump. jeez, can't even think of where i jumped off from now. cue brain fog.

will- right there with ya on a lot of what you said. my eyes have been opened and it's too bad there wasn't a section such as this when i first came to this here site and was having problems with this med and maybe i'd have saved myself a good few years instead of only hearing "life-long maintenance", hence my OP. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ooohhhh, now i get it. perhaps you were taking offense to my statement that i was loaded on subs and not clean. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya i been on subs for over 3 years and in the beginning i was going through hell and thinking the 36mgs were killing me and ready to shout my sub doc ' so he drop't me down to 16mg and i still felt like it was to fucking late for me " the fukin subs got my life'. but now i am here 3 1/2 years later doing so much better on other meds and taking 22mgs of suboxone and on the right med. i cant get off subs and if i do i'll get stoned drunk get back to my old habbits and if i still were living the way i was 3and 1/2 years ago i would have died of a hart atack or liver or killed. i don't like subs running my life and i dont like the pain waking up and going to bed. i don't sleep well but i'm still alive working and like the sunshine in the morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 am 

Dirty South, I wish you and your hubby all the best in getting through the next several weeks. You're at a really difficult point in withdrawing off of suboxone, and I don't know what dose you jumped from, but I know it's wicked hard. I truly hope you're successful.

It is hard for those of us who are happy and satisfied with our time on sub to think of a potential sub patient reading this post and only hearing one side of the story. I think it's important to put this post in perspective, not because it's not valid, (because I know that what Dirty South is feeling and experiencing is very real), but because it's important for potential sub patients to know that there are other experiences on sub that are valid as well. I hope you understand, Dirty South, that I'm in no way trying to undermine your truth. I hope you can also tell that I'm not pushing any pro-sub rhetoric any more than you are pushing anti-sub rhetoric.

So, if a potential or new sub patient is reading this thread I want to share a few things. First off, my personal experience has been nothing like the experience of Dirty South or Will430. I have never felt like a zombie or that my emotions are muted. On the contrary, I became much more engaged in the emotional life of my family when I stopped abusing oxycodone and started taking suboxone. I laugh and cry, get angry and experience joy the same way I used to before drugs. At the very least, I cannot tell the difference between my emotions now and my emotions before I was abusing drugs. This seems to vary from person to person. Some people don't feel a difference, some people notice some emotional muting, and some, like Dirty South, feel that sub totally masks their emotions.

There are often some side effects to suboxone use. It seems that most side effects are easily tolerated and mild, but for some small percentage of folks the side effects seem to be severe. It's probably like with most medications that work for some but not others, while still others have a bad reaction.

Mostly what I want to point out is that suboxone works for a lot of people. It's not a perfect medication, but it is a useful tool that has helped save many lives. Sometimes it seems that the people who are frustrated with suboxone are the loudest, because they are having a rotten time. I don't pretend to know what everything is like for Dirty South, but I do know that being on day 11 or 12 of withdrawal from sub is really a bitch! Some of our other long time members went through a period of absolutely hating sub when they were withdrawing from it, but now their perspective has changed.

Don't let a few scary sounding posts keep you from hearing the positives about suboxone, but hearing the potential drawbacks is important too. In my opinion, however, more people have positive outcomes with suboxone than negative outcomes.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:52 am 
Amy- a few months ago i think i would be saying all the same great things about my sub experience. Fast forward me to 8 months into it. I'm noticing this symptoms i stated all the time now. I have prolonged my opiate use from a few months into almost over a year now. I am starting to see all these nasty side effects just starting to rear there ugly faces at me. No doubt about it people who are on it for a short amount of time would most likely have great things to say about it. But for prolonged use of this drug. I think it can start to turn into a nightmare for some.

If it was anything less then the all these nasty side effects that are happening to me. I would not take the time and harp on it. Trust me, i really want to tell myself it isn't the sub causing some of these things. But just reading the leaflet in for the suboxone box has really put my feelings into perspective. Really im not angry or anyone or anything. It's just a feeling of despair that i have prolonged my use to the point where i am dependent on a strong maintenance med. And know the side effects listed are seeming to be everything im going through. 8 months isn't as long as some people. But in my situation. I'm calling a spade a spade. I can see that to much more use at a high dose is only going to harm me as though i was still eating oxy and eating fentanyl gel. The only difference is. I'm not spending money or catching a nod. But I think at this point. It's time for damage control cleanup. Thus, why i am sitting here in withdraws from 12mg a day and it currently being day 5 without sub.

I am going to go back on sub at between 2-4mg in 2 days. In hopes that i have lowered the amount of subs in me to where i can properly be at 2-4mg and continue diligently to go down and eventually free of these chains. I feel like hell, don't know if the tears i have are from withdraws or being sad. Fact is, i never even felt such emotions on subs. (i'm sure the tears are withdraw related) But still, to me.... I want to cut my zombie state of mind down drastically. I can't handle being on this stuff for anymore extended time. My overall health and emotions depend on this. As it's a war with them also to depend on subs. I get sick sorta surreal pleasure of knowing im fighting right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi dirty-

I feel you. I spent a good 6 years on sub and kind of woke up, realizing I wasn't feeling the way I thought I should. I definitely felt numb inside, compared to other people around me. I had social issues and a loss of interest in most things. It's interesting though, I lost a lot of weight on sub (after switching over from methadone.) I was almost as thin on subs as I was in my active using days. Now that I've quit maintenance, well.. it's taking some time to get used to the extra weight again. Unlike you, sub gave me energy everyday. I didn't realize it at the time but now it is evident. I am now having to learn how to motivate myself everyday without a jump start. No jumper cables for me anymore.. Anyway, a lot of the side effects are similar but in some cases they can be drastically different too.

I'm not a lover or hater of suboxone, or maintenance in general. I'm somewhere in the middle. I think of subs like antidepressants. It is my opinion that a lot of people prescribed antidepressants probably don't need them but for some, they really are the answer. Suboxone was the answer for me, until it wasn't. I have a lot of good things to be thankful for these days and I try to remember where I came from pre-maintenance and it wasn't pretty.

I certainly understand your frustrations though, I just wanted to share my thoughts as someone who struggles with the good & bad of suboxone maintenance almost on a daily basis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

will- i can't even believe yer sitting at day 5 no subs from 12mg! daymn, that ish sounds intense. ::high five:: keep fighting. seems like days 5-7 were rough for me, but once i got over the hump of the acute w/ds, there were too many great things happening for me to turn around and look back. emotions were one of 'em, it feels so amazing to actually cry. feels amazing to just feel at all, kwim? lol cuz of course you know exactly what i mean.

tiny- ah.ma.zing. post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't imagine using for three months and then being on subs for...well that long at all. This is where I truly think doctors need a little more education to be able to spot a good candidate and not just put all patients on the same dose until they decide they want off. It's kind of a flawed system that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:37 pm 

will430 wrote:
Amy- a few months ago i think i would be saying all the same great things about my sub experience. Fast forward me to 8 months into it. I'm noticing this symptoms i stated all the time now. I have prolonged my opiate use from a few months into almost over a year now. I am starting to see all these nasty side effects just starting to rear there ugly faces at me. No doubt about it people who are on it for a short amount of time would most likely have great things to say about it. But for prolonged use of this drug. I think it can start to turn into a nightmare for some.

If it was anything less then the all these nasty side effects that are happening to me. I would not take the time and harp on it. Trust me, i really want to tell myself it isn't the sub causing some of these things. But just reading the leaflet in for the suboxone box has really put my feelings into perspective. Really im not angry or anyone or anything. It's just a feeling of despair that i have prolonged my use to the point where i am dependent on a strong maintenance med. And know the side effects listed are seeming to be everything im going through. 8 months isn't as long as some people. But in my situation. I'm calling a spade a spade. I can see that to much more use at a high dose is only going to harm me as though i was still eating oxy and eating fentanyl gel. The only difference is. I'm not spending money or catching a nod. But I think at this point. It's time for damage control cleanup. Thus, why i am sitting here in withdraws from 12mg a day and it currently being day 5 without sub.

I am going to go back on sub at between 2-4mg in 2 days. In hopes that i have lowered the amount of subs in me to where i can properly be at 2-4mg and continue diligently to go down and eventually free of these chains. I feel like hell, don't know if the tears i have are from withdraws or being sad. Fact is, i never even felt such emotions on subs. (i'm sure the tears are withdraw related) But still, to me.... I want to cut my zombie state of mind down drastically. I can't handle being on this stuff for anymore extended time. My overall health and emotions depend on this. As it's a war with them also to depend on subs. I get sick sorta surreal pleasure of knowing im fighting right now.

Hey Will,

I hope your tolerance will be a lot lower when you go back on the 2-4mg. If it's a technique that works for you, make sure you start a thread about it. If it works for you, it will work for someone else too!

I think that it makes total sense that people react to suboxone in different ways. Seeing some of the stories on this forum has opened my eyes to the fact that suboxone seems really toxic to some folks. I have compassion for the people who really struggle with this medication. Just because I haven't struggled (much) on sub in the year and a half that I've been on it, doesn't mean that I look at sub with rose-colored glasses. Everyone is different. Some people do really well on Zoloft (for example), but others cannot tolerate the side effects or the medication doesn't seem to work. It makes total sense that sub is the same way. Add to that to the fact that suboxone is difficult to come off, there are going to be some upset and disaffected people out there. Doctors should be very clear about the pros and cons of suboxone, and some of them just aren't!

That's why it's important to have the stories from both sides for people to see and base their decision on. It's my opinion that there are more people who do well on sub than there are people who do poorly. But that's just my opinion based on what I've seen in this forum.

Amy

Post subject: rhetoric?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Sorry dirtysouth that you have had a bad experience on subs. I hope you feel better soon and are able to stay off opiates.

I guess Im just confused about what you mean about "the rhetoric of the pro-subbers" and there being no whete to turn to get the straight story about sub. This website is to support people with recovery no matter what they choose. Dr J does not get money from RB, the makers of sub and nobody is being paid here to say how great it is. We are just addicts sharing our own personal experience.

I will have been on suboxone for three years this April. It has not been a perfect three years. I was arrested for driving while on sub and got that reduced to negligent driving. I have relapsed and almost lost my career and my family. I have been depressed at times, happy at times, emotionless at times, etc...But I have never blamed a little orange pill or strip for my problems. I have finally found some good support and have been working on the real problem. Me. I think suboxone has kept me alive for the past three years and there will come a time where I wont need it. Until then, I am grateful for suboxone and realize how lucky I am that I have a good doctor that I can afford. I know many don't.

Sub may not have been the right choice for you, but it saved my life for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MovieMaker1 wrote:
I truly think doctors need a little more education to be able to spot a good candidate and not just put all patients on the same dose until they decide they want off. It's kind of a flawed system that way.

this is my opinion too

AND the other thing,,,,, Suboxone, and especially suboxone maintenance,
should NEVER be "taken lightly"

I don't want to offend anyone, or "discount" anyone's addiction,,,,,, but I was READY TO TRY ANYTHING
when I went on suboxone,,,,
becuase honestly I'd tried EVERYTHING ELSE
and methadone, well that I just abused the HELL out of,,, I'm fairly sure it became my Drug of choice, because it lasted
way longer and was wayyyyy cheaper.
that's only MY experience though,,,, there's people that methadone works wonders for!!!

Anyways,,, what I'm getting at here,
is maybe there should be SOME requirement that a "potential" patient has to RESEARCH suboxone, find out it's NO
picnic to come OFF of, either..... you know what I mean

It's only THEN can you really make a real decision on whether the benefits outwiegh the risks.....

for ME< it was no decision at all really,,,, when you got nowhere to go, and you're injecting just about anything
to take the SICK away into your arm,
it's time to FIND SOMETHING that'll work!!!
:wink: OR like I've said time and time again,,, when suicide is looking like a GOOD OPTION to get 'OUT'
yea,,, that's when the benefits far out weigh the risk,,,

Just MY THOUGHTS,,,, I'm really sorry to all of those who were told it's "easy" to taper off of, it's NO big deal, ETC ETC
my doctor, won't really see anyone UNTIL they've tried various forms of treatment, detox , rehab,
or until you've lost alot of things in life.
sounds messed up for sure, , , but I think it's because he ONLY really views it as "maintenance"

so that's it from me!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amber. You hit the nail on the head. This is what finallllllly works for me. Suboxone coupled with NA. It feels good to finally have something work out. Now. I totally agree that there should be more of an intake or quote requirement for Suboxone patients. At my clinic they just ask a few history questions and do a UA to see that there are opiates in the patients system. That is strict in this area too. I'm sorry but there are too many people out there that either think it's the answer early on or with little real use. I know I felt like a terrible addict before I actually truly became a bad addict... if that makes any sense. Idk. There are folks that don't want to get clean and just abuse and sell Suboxone and like I said... people that aren't really that bad and walk in with an abuse issue taking a few hydros or something and walk out with an even worse addiction. I'm not sure how some of these places can fix some of these issues. But a lot of them can be fixed by actually talking with the patient at legnth and more doctor education of the medicine.... instead of just throwing 12mgs at everoje that asks for it. So. Idk. I just know it works well for me now. Only because I'm really working hard on my disease and behaviors. Suboxone used to not work for me because I wasn't ready for it and just didn't take it properly ever. Which is another issue I forgot about. If you haven't already gotten some kind of recovery or are really ready to get clean.... Suboxone can backfire.... badly. That is all for now. Thanks Amber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey dirtysouth, your avatar looks like the Cat's Eye nebula. Or maybe the Ring nebula? Either way, it's a cool avatar!

Post subject: My View
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:54 pm 

MovieMaker1 wrote:
I can't imagine using for three months and then being on subs for...well that long at all. This is where I truly think doctors need a little more education to be able to spot a good candidate and not just put all patients on the same dose until they decide they want off. It's kind of a flawed system that way.

This is something we've all been saying over and over for years now. Amber quoted you and now so am I. It could be a misdiagnosis for you Will. Three months of using...They really should have come up with a better plan for you. Sub could have been used for a week on you Will. Taper down and deal with the regular PAWS afterwards. Would that have worked for you? A lot of rehab places are using it that way now. They used it for a week on my brother for a 10 year oxy habit. Even today at 9 months clean he still hasn't had an 8 hour night of sleep and still has PAWS. He is envious of me having the luxury of taking Suboxone. The reason he isn't on it is because of a DUI. Too late now brother. IMO, he is better off where he is. Totally clean and sober. They won't even let him drink his nightly wine with dinner.

And same with another new poster recently who was taking about 30-40 mg's of Hydrocodone daily and her Dr. puts her on 8-16 mg's!! Really?? Do they not learn the pharmacology of Buprenorphine in that 8 hour class they take? Talk about killing a fly with an atom bomb! My wife takes 4-10 mg Norco's a day and can stop on a dime with little discomfort. Thing is, she is not an addict. I couldn't stop when I was taking that many years ago.

Okay, I've calmed down now. IMO, time & better training will teach our Suboxone Dr's the proper way to administer this drug and whether a patient even qualifies. Even I was a borderline case as far as the drugs I was taking, but my raging addiction warranted the Suboxone use. I may or may not be on it for life. One day I may wake up and realize I don't need it anymore to stay clean and sober. Right now I do. And I will always believe that Suboxone saved my life. The crazy cycle I was in, there was no way out until I learned about Sub from another support forum member. So for me it was a good decision to go on it.

If one day I do decide to taper and jump off it, I wonder if my w/d's will bad. With past opiates I never did go through terrible w/d's. Most of it was in my head. The little addict vampire in me wanted his drug back and threw a fit. A fit of sneezing!! I do believe I'll be one of those who don't suffer as badly as others. Of course that's easy to say sitting here feeling fine.

My sympathies to all those who are going through Bup w/d's. When you come out the other side, will you please still visit here so I and others can see your success? We have a few here but the more the merrier.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 am 
Suboxone “abuse” or “misuse” is a non-issue. Considering there is a ceiling effect with suboxone, the difference between a patient taking their rx’d 16mgs or “abusing” it by taking 24mgs is negligible.

I was on subs for 4 years and if I were interviewed at any point during that time I would have said, verbatim, what Moviemaker1 said “I have always felt my emotions, taken pleasure in little things and new things, laughed all the time, held a great relationship, and basically love life”. I know that moviemaker is being honest when he says these things bc that is how I felt when I was on suboxone. The difference is that once you quit, and your emotions come roaring back, the way you laugh after quitting subs makes the laughing you did while on subs seem futile, the pleasure you’re able to extract from social interaction after you quit subs makes all of the social interaction you had while on subs seem, for lack of a better word, blah.

Dirtysouths post was very emotional (which is understandable considering she is in the middle of detoxing off subs) but the spirit of what she is saying is not only valid, but it is exactly what a person feels like when they quits subs.
Will430 said “This stuff is ridiculous. Considering the first time i took a sub i was waaaay more loaded then oxycodone has ever taken me. Imagine that.” Now that is the truth my friend and Im glad to hear someone say it. I can ramble on for pages about the potency of suboxone but I will briefly summarize my point by saying that the potency of suboxone is never more evident than when you first take it and when you finally quit. It is only during those two times that a person can see suboxone for what it truly is, an overpoweringly potent opiate that makes even the most hardcore fiends say within themselves “Man, if I can keep getting a script for this I’ll be all set”.

Please don’t misconstrue what I am saying. I owe a debt of gratitude to suboxone seeing as how it did buy me the time I needed to regroup and get my shit together. However, let us not get carried away with praising suboxone because it is no different than any other opiate, it just has a longer half life. Once you detox off subs, you will see clearly how adversely suboxone effects your body and how difficult of a time your body has recovering from it. I could go on and on about what my body went through while detoxing off subs but its getting really late and I will save that post for another day.