It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Buprenorphine has been used for over 30 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks teejay, i'm glad this b.s. is over.

glen bee- there is such a forum, started by someone a few years ago that was a member of this forum and when it came time for him to move on and put suboxone behind him, he wasn't able to get what he needed from this forum at that time...these days things have changed or grew anyway... i am a member there as well, usually go there before or after here each time i'm on, and i found it to be very helpful in my prep towards my taper and jump. HOWEVER he also endorses this forum and holds it in high esteem, he doesn't shit talk subs, or dr, j, leaves an open mind for those who found the site and are not ready for getting off subs, pretty much directs them over here. other than that, many of the visitors tend to go off on rants(unmonitored) be that as it may, it's all open game in the comment section. for those who seek advise and info the site has what most are looking to find. most people who tapered have posted a journal of sorts, documenting the day by day with results of what worked for them to help with wds and such, i also did posted my day to day for the first two weeks...many stop back weeks,months and years later and post their progress. it's a small site, probably 2500 comments,which i have read them all, big and small, the owner supports the site financially out of his own pocket, even two years off subs. i actually offered to donate to help with overhead, but didn't accept, i suspect it's due to my early stages of recovery, in time i will offer again and hope he accepts the donation.
site: suboxonetaper101
if its cool to put it out there ?

just in case this sideways comment was directed towards me?- during my years on suboxone i know all too well that i was no longer high or getting high. i understand the ceiling effect, not to blow my own horn, but i am someone who is very educated and professional, in fact, knowing i wasn't "high" helped me come to the very decision to detox and taper off the drug, didn't need it anymore...it that's simple sometimes. i also realize that the prospect of living off subs was scary as shit, matter of fact, i have never been more frightened of anything in my life!!! the fear is very overwhelming,especially the last weeks of taper, shit i built it up for a solid year prior... considering the fear, it does explain a lot as to my attitude lately, also towards the people whom are still on subs, one hand you have a few who faced their biggest fears and conquered the hardest experience of their lives- while perhaps the opposition's may have some levels of that same fear in the back of their minds knowing someday it will be them going through the same battles? just a theory...

in all, i know that the "end game" is not in the cards for everyone, nor should it be, but many will make the same choice i have in their own time and at their own pace...i will always be someone that supports both cases. if i have learned one thing throughout all my reading on this subject, "it's every single person on suboxone has their own story, completely unique, complicated, personal and they alone are the only ones who can speak for what's best for them at a particular time, and that time is ever changing and evolving as days go by...in the end, i can only speak for myself and my own experiences...throughout my ride on subs, if asked on any given days, i would not have had any two synopsises alike.

good luck to those who took the time to read my posts, and thank you for taking the good with the bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:48 am 
glen bee wrote:
Buprenorphine has been used for over 30 years.

Your not talking about burenex and butrans are ya? micrograms to what people are on in milligrams is a biiiig ol difference. Which brings me to my next point. Why are people saying they are on suboxone for "pain" when they are not taking it in the way bupe was intended for pain. The whole idea of less is more is certainly holding weight since this drug is used in mcg for pain. And it says on the leaflet for suboxone that it is not to be used for people with chronic pain. I'm thinking the whole thing with these docs putting people on big doses is a absolute conspiracy to get one addict switched to something else and hopefully they never get off. docs make good money and big pharma price gouges and makes good money.

These docs are not stupid or misinformed when putting people on subs. They know exactly what they are selling. Can someone explain why a CPP, chronic pain patient, chronic pill popper would take SUBOXONE for pain? Instead of doing the microgram doses as intended for pain? This is such a gray area that literally anyone can walk in with a few hundread bucks and walk out with a script. But it's better then blowing all your money on dope/pills. Guess we gotta settle with making a car payments worth of money away to a doc and big pharma instead. The blow to the bank should be motivation enough.. ugh. These are my bitches, gripes, and complaints. Anyone have anything to help me understand this junk. I'm all ears.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're right... that 8 hour DVD course is just chalk full of such informative and great information lol. Most doctors don't know what the deal is with bupe and alot of pain patients read and hear about it and ask to try it. So. Idk about this argument. I get it. But. Still. Just serving the customer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

will430 wrote:
Appreciate it dirty south. Keep it up man. Kick the shit outta sub, bro.

In an effort to lighten the mood a little bit, **dirty south** has lady parts. So, technically that should be "bro-ette."

Carry on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

looks like we're moving on now...yay!!!

will- you brought up a good point about the pain mgmt thing. pls correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought i read somewhere that using suboxone for pain mgmt was considered an off-label use of the drug and was illegal. i was under the impression that sub was only approved thru the FDA for use as an addiction drug only.

tiny-lol. while i do have, as you say, lady parts, i don't get twisted up by being called bro or dude because i do it to others all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

gb & teejay- i don't think subsux is accepting any new members.

also- who puts on the 8 hr course that the docs must attend in order to prescribe bupe? anyone know?

Post subject: Insight
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:47 pm 

There has been such deep insight from all of you that I am truly in awe. What I haven't really seen is absolutes. Most posters are somewhere in the middle regarding Suboxone use and stopping. I agree with everyone who has posted whether it be for or against long time use.

You all know my story so I won't even post my opinion. What I will say is Thank You, for opening up readers minds with the many different aspects of recovery. It has helped me personally to pull back any left over covers of denial. I hope it helps others in the same way.

Thanks Again to all that were able to put their thoughts so eloquently in words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 am 
MovieMaker1 wrote:
You're right... that 8 hour DVD course is just chalk full of such informative and great information lol. Most doctors don't know what the deal is with bupe and alot of pain patients read and hear about it and ask to try it. So. Idk about this argument. I get it. But. Still. Just serving the customer.

Trust me, these docs are doing it to make you think you know more then them. Most docs have huge egos and want that relationship of them knowing whats better for you then you know better for yourself. I would bet that a huge majority of these docs know exactly what they are pushing to put people on. The eight hour thing is just a formality for them to get into this business. They KNOW what the hell they are doing before they set up shop. Seriously.. I wish they were ignorant and just making mistakes. But no. they got alot riding on them being docs and the FDA watching there shady business. You really think all these doctors still don't know anything about what there prescribing? No way... think about it a little deeper then the 8 hour class. There job is on the line in regards to how they run this sub business. It's damage control down here in florida. Instead of all the pain clinics on every corner down here. You got bupe doctors setting up business all over the place to do cleanup control on the remaining straglers from pain clinics. It's just a way to keep us in the net. Making it harder and harder to get away. Ugh..

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I feel it's pretty damn simple. We are all in differant stages in addiction or recovery. I've felt strongly on the pro sub side at one time and at another time in my life i was on the oppose of maintanence.

Honestly, what i found out. If you're truly happy while being on maintanence and you are not on any other drug. Good for you. I'd support you.

Maintanence may be NECISSARY for some. 95% of us addicts will relapse. Some of which are chronic relapsers. Without maintanence DEATH might be the alternative. I take very little stock in the statistics when dealing with myself but for other addicts..... i cannot control your recovery so I do go by the facts.

I ended my affair with suboxone. I am happier than I was while on it. (Do not even try to dispute this because I am the only one that knows this) I understand everyone is differant. My story.

In order to stop suboxone I first, had to be READY. If your not ready please stay on your medicine. No fuckin shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Last edited by Roadsend on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If in fact you are a real concerned person, you sure are digging up some old threads to dredge back to the forefront.

Anyways.

If you think life is bad on suboxone, and you are already saying it's risky to get off, then just wait till you have no safety net.

You may have no life at all when you die from an overdose.

Who knows.

But. I feel like I'm wasting my breath because you already posted on several other old threads very recently and that's trolling behavior at it's best...

Also. You obviously know you hate sub and are lacking in the recovery department...

So good luck to you.

Let us know how everything goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well i guess we are all so different.
Ill just keep trolling aloug on my 6mgs and stay happy an clean ENOUGH...
Its bn a great 30 months and more to come....

Post subject: Troll Behavior
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:38 pm 
Censored. No need to explain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Please do explain though.

Post subject: Same 'ole same 'ole
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:49 pm 

MM1, it is the same person(s) who has been banned several times already.