It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well guys, it has been a very long time guys and by now my usual dosage of 4mg is like taking blood pressure meds or something like high sugar meds in other works suboxone is part of my daily life for very long time I no longer see it as something "special" or bad or anything like that. I have no high, or speed or any effect at all from taking it. But I am 35 and why I am on some medication at all ? I am totally healthy and I don't need any chemicals in my body. So decided to STOP. 4 Weeks ago instead of doing 0.5 x4 (I am getting 60 2mg Generic Tablets that I split in the half and take 4 times a day) I decided to just say "screw this" and took just 1 pill and divided it by 4. Was not easy but I did it just with nails. So we;re talking about 0.25 x 4 so same 4 times a day but 1/2 of what I was taking. I thought on 3rd day I'll have some really bad side effects but nothing happened. Like I said before it has been 4 weeks and I guess I am stable on 2mg day and now I feel I need to prepare.

Here is my priority because I have full time job I can't just lock myself in the room nether I'd want to do this anyway because I am trying to do this as painless as possible. So my first priority is sleep. After years without any sleep problems I still remember how it felt not to be able to sleep because of opiate withdrawals. And this is something I have to avoid. My plan so far is to do the following. Starting tomorrow June 6, 2015 I take my usual .25 in the morning before arriving to the office around 9 AM. then 6 hours later around 3 PM I'll take another .25 and another .25 around 9 PM or later if I can. Monday should be easy enough as well as Tuesday. I do worry about Wednesday when my 2 MG dosage no longer in the body to compensate my 0.75 dosage. I don't work out but I think I should cause I heard that it'll help body adjust and get tired before going to sleep and stuff. Also is there a sleeping aid available that I can request from doctor for things like restless leg and stuff cause I can't handle not be able to sleep :(

Thank you guys I'll report on my progress.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:53 am 

I like the phrase "Steady and slow wins the race!" I think that is from the fable of the Tortoise and the Hare. I believe it can be the key to a relatively painless taper. This is definitely the time to try your taper. If you can be disciplined enough to go slowly I think your taper is manageable. Good luck and I'll be reading your posts!

Amy