It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm terrible at fractions and trying to figure how to cut my strips to anything below 1mg has me worried, also my fingers get sweaty and stick to the strip as I bend them in half to cut, which doesn't help.

I've seen someone post a guide to cutting the strips and was wondering if anyone purchased it. The price is now up to $9.95 from the original $4.95 and it's a download to my computer. I'm not comfortable downloading anything to my computer that's not verified by others and seeing such a price jump it makes we wonder if it's taking advantage of those in need.

Bottom line, I would love to have an exact guide to put my 8mg strip on to slice perfectly, I've read all over how important it is to be exact as you get the lower amounts, but is this guide a safe download and is it worth the price as a tool to be used for cutting the strips? Has anyone else used it?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Cathy,

I am aware of the cutting guide that RXFCG (members name and the website is RX Film Cutting Guide) has developed, but I have not used it myself. I did check it out and it seems to be a viable option for figuring and cutting the doses up into small amounts. I wasn't aware that the price had been increased. Guess it's up to you to decide if that might be the way you choose to do it.

I can tell you how I cut my doses up Cathy, and it worked very well for not only me, but several of my friends that are also on sub therapy. I used some ladies cosmetic scissors, or toenail scissors because they are very sharp, and usually very small. They work perfect for cutting the film. And I used a pair of tweezers to hold the film with which made it even easier. Our fingers can sometimes get in the way.

If you cut and 8mg film strip in half you get 2 pieces that re 4mg each. Cut those in half and you would have 4 pieces of 2mg each. Cutting in half again would give you 8 pieces that are all 1mg each. You can just eyeball the cuts because you usually get it plenty close enough. To get the doses you need under 1mg just continue cutting in half. Half of 1mg would be .50mg. Half of that would be .25mg. And half of that would make the pieces .125mg which is as small as you will probably ever need. Take your time and you will do just fine. You could even practice on a tiny film-size piece of paper if you want.

I've been following your story and your doing great Cathy. Keep up the good work. Hope this helps and I wish you the very best!

Karen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:50 am 

Hi Cathy!

I ordered the cutting strip guide because I wanted to see it for myself and at the time I was tapering down to 2 mg.

I like it! After I printed it out I laminated the strip template so it would hold up when I film on top of it and cut it with a razor. The biggest pro for me was that the download came with everything you'd need to do a successful taper. It shows how many mg each tiny piece is, so it takes the guess work out of any math.

If money isn't too tight, it may be in your best interest to get it. Otherwise, you can follow Karen's great advice!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your response. I'm on day 14 of my taper from 8mg, I spent 10 days at 4mg, 1 day at 3mg and for the last 2 days at 2mg. Today is actually day 14 and I'll take my 2mg dose at 9pm and I'll stay at 2mg until my body adjusts and these chills and shivers go away.

My hands get so shaky just cutting down the 2mg's and It seems getting down to such small pieces as .125 that just a hair off and it could make a big difference. I have to go to CVS in a couple days so I'll pick pick up those scissors, but If It gets too tedious I'll order the Guide. I just wanted to make sure they were legit.

BTW, thanks for keeping up with my Brown Eyed Girl. It's so helpful to know this group is here.

Cathy