It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just read about the film.My main question is can the 2mg be cut into smaller equal pieces for a better taper to stop Suboxone.Is it available yet?

I'm used to the tablets so I'll continue to taper on it but if the film can be cut into very small equal pieces it might be a good way to taper.

Is it a film like breath-fresheners you put on your tounge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have never heard of the film were did you read about it I would like to read it please thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

link plz :?: :mrgreen:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

News release about the film that a member posted for us:

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2621

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm wondering about the cost difference. It doesn't say if they will be more expensive or cheaper. I'm assuming more expensive.

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My care coach from the suboxone hotline explained them to me, she said they are basically the same thing. But I guess a lot of people really hate the taste of the tablets, so they made them for that reason, and some others, apparently it tastes a lot better and works great. I asked her about the price and she said it all depends on the pharmacy but they will most likely be in the same range as the tablets, no less, no more. I personally like the tablets so I don't think I would request them but if anybody decides to try them they should definitely post their opinion here, I'd like to read it. :)

Post subject: Suboxone film
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I got the strips yesterday and I like them, they def don't taste as bad. I got the 8 mg strips and I was able to cut them down to .25 mg and it could prob be cut one more time to .125 mg making it a lot easier to taper. They're def a little stronger than the tabs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What's the price comparison? I'm all for asking my doc to switch me at my appt on wed.

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The price is supposed to be the same. I've been paying a $20 copay for my sub tablets, but I checked with my insurance company about the film and for me it's a non-formulary (or non-preferred) medication, so my copay would be $40. Of course that coupon card would save me and it's good thru the end of March 2011.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: 5 days on the film
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have recentley tried the film at the suggestion from my doctor. I told him I wanted to start tapering, and he gave me 15 FREE 8mg strips to try out. It seemed like the company wanted free feadback, maybe even a guiney pig. BUT so far they are WAY better than the tabs. No bad taste, hardly any taste= and able to cut them into perfect acurate doses. Hopefully they will help me to quit. Anyway make sure to ask your doc about the free trialsm and the gift card to get the listerine like sub strips.

Post subject: film
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hey guys, i switched to the films a few days ago after telling my dr. i needed to get 2mg instead of the 8mg he had been prescribing me since may(started at 16mg and now at 1mg). he told me about the film and said it would be easier to taper,dissolves faster, and absorbs better than the pills. he gave me a $75 coupon card thats good till march and i picked up my script of 30 2mg films for $48 from cvs. I've been feeling good with 1mg for about three weeks ,so i cut the film in half and put it under my toungue. it dissolved almost instantly and barely had any taste but you know its there. about 7 min. later it kicked in and it felt like i took 2mg. THE FILM IS DEFINATELY STRONGER, you basicaly get all the bupe instead of losing a third of it in your saliva. yesterday, i took 1/2mg and same today and i feel fine. I,m gonna wait a few days then resume my taper 1/8mg at a time. I use a steel woodworking ruler and an x-acto knife to cut perfectly divided pieces. using a straightedge and a very sharp knife or razorblade is easier and more accurate than scissors. Also, make sure to keep film in the foil pack ,folded tightly and put a paperclip on it to keep air out, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I moved, which means new doc, new insurance, and also now films. He only prescribes films. My new insurance covers no Sub whatsoever, so for 90 2-mg films, it cost me $266. However, they give you a coupon card when you start the film and you save $75 off of whatever your cost it, so that put it at $191. Pretty prices, considering I've always paid a $40 co-pay! I do kinda like these films though. They dissolve in a minute. They taste the same but it's a very quick and mild thing, since they are so thin.

I experimented and I can accurately cut the 2-mg films into 16 pieces. That means each one is 125 micrograms. I used an exacto knife and took my time. I cut out a piece of cardboard the exact same size as the film and then cut that exactly in half. One of those halves I cut in half and one of those halves I cut in half. I used these guides to help me cut the strip. So, I ended up with 4 long pieces of the strip. I used the smallest cardboard guide to cut each of those into 8 long pieces, then cut them all in half in the other direction. This took some time, sure, but it's just so cool that it's even possible. I could cut them even smaller if I need to.

I feel like these strips have opened a mental door for me. I feel like it's possible now to wean low enough to get off Sub.