It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Has anyone seen this???
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh... My... God... Has anyone seen the videos on You Tube from "DoctorOfMind". I'm not sure which it is. This is either the scariest or the funnies and most entertaining thing I have seen in a long time. Or both!!! Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV42HuDtqLk

As I said, I have never seen this guy's videos before. Evidently he claims to be an actual physician who has decided he wants to have this video channel and, in his own words, make it "into a full syndicated show (TV, radio, internet, satellite) worldwide to reach out and help explain in an entertaining and educating way about mental illness and psychiatry...". Whomever he is, he clearly has some amount of knowledge but he is like a Saturday Night Live skit character. All I know is if I walked into an appointment and this is what I found, my feet would not carry me fast enough away from that office.

In any event, as you'll see in the video, he has now decided to add Suboxone to his scope of services (as he calls it). Oh My God, if this guy is actually an MD like he claims to be, he is the scariest character possessing a medical license that I have ever seen. Then again, he has created over 650 videos covering all sorts of topics so he has to have some level of knowledge.

SuboxDoc, if you happen to see this post, please give us your take on this. And by all means, I'd love to hear what the rest of you have to say as well. I don't know what to think other than part of me finds this guy hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV42HuDtqLk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:10 pm 
T...R...I...P!!!!! That is about all I can say! I watched a couple of his videos - the one about bupe and one about some other psych med (Geodon I think it was) What a character!! He looks/acts like he is on something! What the .....?!?! Yeah, you're right though...he does seem to possess some level of knowledge...but if I walked into his office for treatment for anything, I'd be a little frightened!! Especially if he were wearing that bathrobe!! OMG!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm speechless. And I'm never speechless. Did you notice alot of phyciatrist are oddballs. Either there apperance is odd or there personality.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I was at the peak of my doctor shopping job...ha..I would pray for a nut job like this one....It was almost like a trigger watching this as I was almost helping him in my mind write that script.......I am so thankful for the doc I have today..the lies..the guilt, shame...all of it is now gone because of sub. But your right this one might have kept me out a little while longer........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Actually, this doctor (if that is accurate) seems to share the same feelings at least on benzos as SuboxDoc does - namely that he is not at all in favor of them for many patients and he even said that Xanex should come off of the market! Yes, I will admit, just like watching an impending train crash, I was not able to pull myself away as I watched a couple dozen of his videos. He seems to know what he is talking about. Medical terms, medications, best practices, and whatnot certainly do roll out of him very easily. The rest of this picture, however... WOW, and I mean WOW!!!!!! He seems to be very secluded from family, friends, etc. Only his dog seems to be a source of family. In fact, he claims to have spent much of his recent week-long vacation by studying for and taking the Bup class. He even went and hung out at a Methadone clinic to learn more about that drug. He also seems to have some very loyal You Tube fans out there.

I am still amazed at all of this. Perhaps I should be amazed by what seems to entertain me these days!

Post subject: Amazing !!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

W T F ...
This guy holds a medical liscence???? This is clearly a case of " Self - Medicating " Gone wrong... The scariest thing is that he does sound ( the terminolgy anyways) like he has a lot of knowledge on the subject????
God help his patients ... If he really has any??
Oh well have a great day everyone and continued success to All....

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think a more appropriate name for him would be DOCTOR OF LITTLE (OR NO) MIND. Thanks....I needed something entertaining today..It's been one of those days.

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hate to say it, but back in med school I never considered going into psychiatry; it attracts some very odd folks, including people who have had their own significant issues... and of course, I eventually had my OWN significant issues-- i.e. opiate dependence-- and what did I do? I became a psychiatrist!

More seriously... doctors are not immune to mental illness, and I had two classmates over the years, one in med school and one in my anesthesia residency, who developed psychotic disorders. The incidenc of schizophrenia in the general population is 1-2%, and each med school class at the med college of WI has 200 students... so on average, that would be 2-4 students per class year! That doesn't happen, because many people who eventually develop schizophrenia have earlier subtle things going on that keep them from performing well in school, but still-- some people get a medical education and then go nuts!

I suspect that is the case with 'doctor of mind'-- some poor guy who finished med school and then became a little unglued. I could be wrong-- but then again, I am a psychiatrist...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Did some more research.. guy seems to be a full fled MD... which is insane... I'd feel a little bit more crazy after going and seeing him...though for other things it would be pretty comical..

They do say that genius and idoit is circle and almost a complete circle.. so would make sense :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

O...M...G....
This is so funny it's scary- no wait - it's so scary it's funny...no..I too am speechless!
I work as a RN on a very locked down psych inpatient unit. This quack would fit right in - and I'm not talking about the staff!
I suspect Dr Junig's idea is right - he may have finished med school so he can sling around the right phrases, but then his high dose olanzapine (very common anti psychotic in the US) quit working for him and he started putting up You Tube videos.
What a train wreck. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That was absolutely crazy, but not surprising to me. Let me first say that back in the day I majored in psychology and wanted to do research. I remember this class I had and the prof was having us do an exercise where she gave each of us a rock and said "This is your client. Take the next 15 minutes and observe your client and write down what your observations are". We were broken into these small groups of 5 that we were stuck in the whole term. It was really quiet in the class and I just was laughing and trying not to let anyone know. I was pretty sure I misunderstood the exercise but I wrote down size, color, shape. Really not much. She then had us share in groups and this one guy in my group started off telling us that his rock had anger issues with his father, and started describing all these other traits that CLEARLY belonged to himself. It was all I could do not to laugh even harder...although kind of sad.

The exercise was on projection.

So my second comment here is that I have to say my subox doc CLEARLY had psych issues. He was an MD. And I hope he browses this forum given he is such a psycho and he will know it is him. Actually.....I will make a new post. There is too much to tell :D