It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I REALLY Really need to start on subs. I made a post in the past about being nervous of getting PW.
I never started out of fear and shear lack of willpower. I've googled people's experiences a lot! It seems that most people who have gone into PW had been on heroine, methadone or other strong substances.. Either that or just plain started way too early. I haven't really come across too many stories of PW from hydrocodone or oxycodone.

It's just so frustrating out there in Google land. Some people wait so long and others say things like I took it 12 hours later.. It messes with my addicted brain.
And then of course you have the people who say time doesn't matter as much as the symptoms...
Well that too screws with me because like I mentioned before I don't have the a typical symptoms..
A couple weeks ago I went 6 days and the physical wasn't even that bad. The mental was horrible..depression/anxiety/cravings but I still plugged along knowing a script was coming. I should have freaking started then but I didn't.

It's imperative that I start ASAP! I need support. I need more advice, I need more suggestions. Please.

Am I making this harder than it is? Oh and I'm a hydrocodone/oxycodone user. I've been tapering.. Today I used 40mg hydro. In fact the last 4 days I had tapered down to 40mg a day. I took the last bit I had in my possession so tomorrow is going to be a long ass day talking myself out of looking for more and getting ready for subs. I'm really hoping I can take at 24 hours.. I feel the same at 24 that I do at 36..
Thanks for listening...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 am 

Your way Over thinking this friend.
Your ,imo, ready tomarrow. In the next 14 to 24 hours after your last 40 mg dose of hydros.
I inducted just like you. By the time i found help, id taper way down. 60 to 80 mgs of hy/oxy. I waited just around 14 hours.
The Suboxone worked liked it should. 4mgs and i was in.

Please, start now,meaning dont go out looking . Stop this cycle now while your in the postion to do it.

Honestly J your rigbt there. I could go into tolarance and all that but just wait awhile louger. You ll be free soon, if you dont use again. .

My 2 cents...Razor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 am 

Absolutely agree with razor! Ur way over thinking this. Hydrocodone is a short acting opiate, and at 40mg u could dose tomorrow morning if u stopped right now (maybe sooner honestly). If u went 6 days and didn't dose...... u really are letting those internet horror stories hold u bk. I don't know if ur going to listen to us this time but I sure hope u do.

Do u have a doctor or no? If so what is he telling u to do?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I went to the dr back in Nov when I got the script but never took the meds.
He didn't induce in his office though for anyone. He just sent you with script.
I took my last 40 at 9pm last night and it's now 1 pm... I'm just lying here.. Don't feel bad at all just anxiety, sneezing, sadness..

I could start tonight at 9 but I heard it makes people feel energy so I'll probably start Thursday morning. I can get by today.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

All good advice above, jm. I have to say I completely get the fear of PW. But if you're looking for 100 percent certainty, it doesn't exist. For most people, the COWs is really the bottom line in terms of assessing how much of your DOC is still hanging out on your brain receptors. But if you're the rare bird who doesn't really get intense withdrawal symptoms, then you can't....and shouldn't wait forever.

What did your doctor tell you? You can drive yourself crazy on the Internet. Wait 24 hours if you need to for more peace of mind, then go for it.

Some of your lack of intense WD symptoms might be explained hy a relatively low tolerance. But that's good if so, because it ensures you're going to be fully covered by the bupe.

How much do you plan to take your first day?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I typically take 120-140 mg a day but I taper at the end of my supply for the last for days it's been 20 am and 20 pm

Still, I do feel rare. I just don't get the same physical wd that others get. Mental is my problem. Depression anxiety anger cravings. I do get rls and every other time leg pain.

I plan to start with .5 or 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I identify with your anxiety, jm. I delayed jumping for months out of fear. I regret that now intensely.
You feel rare, but feelings aren't facts. They're just feelings.

You've got a ticket out of this mess. It's in your hand, Right now. Bought and paid for with much suffering. Take that ticket and use it. Get yourself a new life.

We're all here to support you and will back you up every step of the way...

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Godfrey :)

I will keep you posted

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys, me again.
I took my last 20mg oxycodone dose yesterday at 12:30pm and it's now 1:30 pm ca time. So 24 hours

Not sure what to do now. Last night I took a Xanax and a 300mg gabapentin and still slept like crap with rls all night with a bit of achy leg.

I woke up as usual and all I'm feeling is blah, a little achy leg, no energy and just like a heavy body feeling but nothing too severe, probably wouldn't score too high on the cows sheet...mainly just feeling blah and sad.. Like I'm crying when I normally don't.

This is just so ridiculous to me. I'm trying to not make excuses but I am nervous.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:06 pm 

Jo,
Its time. Your tolarance is low low right now from what Ive read here. 20 mgs 24 hours ago and your Not sick? Justva few simptoms of wd?
Your ready. IMO. Over time you ve gone from 120 a day down to 20mgs of hydro? If ive got that right chances of PW are slim to none.

If you haven't already begin this evening. I say this because I inducted the same way. Off the same drug. Hydros. I barely had a wd simptom. But i went for it and felt great..well i went to slepp an hour after taking a 4mg dose. Woke up amazed and grateful..

Just my 2 cents but ..i beleive your ready ..good luck..

Razor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ditto what razor said. Time to take the leap, jm. Have a little faith!

Keep us posted!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:10 pm 

Didn't your doctor tell what dose to start at? My thinking is that starting at .5 or even 1 mg is too low a dose to start with. Normally, it's wise to start a wee bit higher, stabilize, and then taper down to a comfortable dose.

And some confusion about what drug you're taking. First you said 40 mg's of Hydrocodone, which leaves the body fairly quickly. Then you say Oxycodone. That one takes a bit longer than the prior so it will take more time off it. With Hydro, taking a 9 PM dose and then inducing onto Suboxone the next day around 6 PM would be ideal. With Oxy, I'd wait a bit longer.

Have you induced yet? And if so, I take it all is well and good.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My D.O.C. was hydrocodone. I induced after about 12 hours and had no problem. I was experiencing some signs of withdrawal such as watery eyes and chills. Took my first dose of 4 mg and within an hour felt 100% normal. I would not worry about P.W as long as you are experiencing some withdrawal symptoms.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm starting tomorrow.. Sunday. I'll come back to let you know.
I switch between hydro and oxycodone. Whatever I can get I suppose. My hydro is 10 and the oxy is 5

My dr did give me a dose to start at but its been since nov and my tolerance is way down. I went from 120-130 mg a day down to whatever kept me from getting sick. Lately no more than 40mg a day For the past 5 or so days. So I was worried about taking too much sub. I wanted to start things slow.

Right now I'm super pissed at myself again, I could have already started but I slipped a tad today around 1:30-2 with like 15 lousy mg of oxycodone. Thankfully this time it's all I had unless I want to spend another few hundred and I don't.. It's it, I'm done. I'm starting tomorrow by 5. I'm already getting a little rls already 12 hours later. I'm going to try and get some sleep so I can prepare for the long wait tomorrow
I will be back for sure with an induction.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How much do you think I should induct with? I thought subs were really strong? I thought I'd start at .5 and side up every 30 minutes? Not a good idea??

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can;t really mess this up. Bupe is an extremely safe drug. It;s almost impossible to overdose on.

.5 mg seems pretty low to me, but it can't hurt to try it and see if it's enough. Then let 45 mins or so go by and see how you feel. Also the folks familiar with the drugs you were taking and the amounts you were taking them in seem universally agreed your tolerance is very much on the low side.

Best of luck, jm. We're all pulling for you.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Godfrey and everyone :)

I'm just sitting here. It's been 24 hours since I stuck my last pills in my mouth. I don't feel terrible at all. Just an achy leg, no drive, sad and a little eh hem soft stool ha and that's about it at this point.

I feel different this time around though. I really don't want to ever take another pill again. I have never been so depressed in my life. This is seriously not worth it anymore. I think I learned a valuable lesson this time around.
I feel really trapped that I can't switch this nonsense off. I just wish I could forget that I even took a pill. I'm feeling extra sad today because I could have been a mom instead of a drug addict the past ten years.

Sorry I'm just venting. I'm sitting here waiting. If I start to feel bad I'll start and if I get A single craving I'll start. I feel like I never want to see another pill again at the moment

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Depression normal. The bupe will almost certainly take a big bite out of that.

Every time we watch someone get free it's a chance to relive our own liberation. It's an amazing, dramatic drug as it works so quickly, magically restoring an addict back to feeling entirely normal.

Can't wait to hear how you're doing :D

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:23 am 

Jormama maybe ur not going to feel awful withdrawal that ur expecting to be feeling by stopping hydro. As long as u have waited, u could induce now, regardless if ur feeling awful withdrawal or not feeling so bad. Maybe ur just not going to feel horrible like ur thinking u should.... that happens.

I could usually always stop using physically, I'd go to detox and rehab and cold turkey. What I couldn't do was beat the mental part, the cravings and depression. That's why suboxone has worked so wonderfully for me, I don't have to deal with cravings any longer. So imo ur ready. U could be waiting for awful withdrawal that's not going to come. Ur prolonging ur misery and driving urself nuts. I really hope u have induced sometime today so u can end this cycle. We're all pulling for u!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds like the inner addict is stopping you from taking that leap. Knowing the possibilities, fearing those google'd horror stories...you have to say 'enough is enough' and end this vicious cycle...

I was only a hydrocodone/oxycontin user. Never injected...but snorted and ate my fair share of pills within a 5-6 year period..longer if you count the year I spent when I was 20 eating pills, then stopped on my own without any detox or help. I just quit..had the willpower to do it then...

But, when I went back to pills after 3 years of being clean...I went full blast. I was hard into hydrocodone/lortab/norco...I would take probably 15 or so a day.
I remember at tax refund time my last year on pills, I bought 150 pills from my 'dealer'. A week later I was back for more. So do the math...in 7 days I had eaten 150 pills...

Then I found oxycontin..oh boy. I started by just eating a 1/4 of an 80mg oxy...
Then I was told to snort it...it would hit much faster and feel better...
So I did.

That started my death spiral. I was on a path of destruction..
And when I finally got help via Suboxone, I was searching for heroin. I had made the decision that I would inject if I could find the stuff...but luckily it just wasn't that popular around here at the time...

I went 2 days in some AWFUL withdrawals...because I was told to by the doctor...
I had to test clean before I would be given Suboxone...and boy was I clean.
The night before I went in to induction, I scalded my back with hot water, because of the chills and trying to get warm...
I was wearing 3 layers of shirts to my appointment.
When I finally got my Suboxone ...after sitting in the dr office (methadone clinic also) for 6 hours, I had to start shedding clothes. I started feeling normal with that first 4mg. After 12mg of Suboxone, I felt like a human again. The rest is history!!

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.