It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I check up on the fourm every other day or so and i always see a thread, for example im 5 days short or so fourth. An then you read it and its always the drs fault never themselfs. sometimes yes dr make mistakes but honestly ive been on suboxone for 4 years and ive never once came up short on my script all cause ive never used more then i was suppost to. now not everybody lies and some people do actually run short cause of dr orders. but honestly how many times can this thread be posted and it was really the dr fault???? i dont understand what makes somebody take more then they r suppost to, suboxone does not get you hi when i first started i would take 20 mg at once and it was no different then if i spread it out so what are people doing with all their suboxone?? Im sorry if i sound angry but im really trying to understand this from a suboxone users view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't actually see those threads all that often, but I have seen them. I have never been "short" by several days on my suboxone either. But I have used more than I was supposed to. I have done it for psychological reasons when I have too much anxiety even though I know it won't do anything. I have done it when I have been in pain. I have lost a couple here and there. But I always managed to spread out the dose the rest of the month so I would be ok. I don't know what people are doing with all those missing subs.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I can tell you from previous experience that they(not all. dr's do f up too) are still looking for that high. At least that's what I did for a while. But when I finally got serious I knew I was just prolonging the recovery and wasting my money. It's hard for the addicts brain to realize that no matter how much of this med you take, you will not get that buz. It's an opiate right?? I should feel something If I take more right?? I found out the hard way...wrong!! I am not saying that is what everyone here is doing but that's what I did.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

2 solid post thanks. yea im not perfect myself either, im on sub for pain mang and addiction so i have taken more then im suppost too on really bad days from my pain in my knee. but still ive never came up short to the point were im worried about going into withdrawl ya know. it just makes me think how many people are on suboxone for the right reasons at times. im def gonna keep a close eye to understand whats going on with some people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I first got on the suboxone regimen, my doctor gave me "the speech"

Paraphrasing here: "Don't call in to this office two weeks from now and give us a story about how you 'accidentally' dropped your suboxone in the toilet, or how your 'friend' came over to your house and when they left you noticed your suboxone was gone or your supply was diminished.

So, I guess some people do abuse them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 am 
I 've done it, too. When I first got on Sub I tried to take extra to see if it would get me high. I've also taken extra when I was especially stressed. It's a conditioned response, it doesn't matter that logic tells me it won't do any good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yup, I have done it as well. Keep trying to take more so it gets me high. Thank god Im in a place in my recovery now where feeling normal is good enough. Thank god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

In my town, Suboxone 8's are selling for $20-$25 a pill. Perhaps some people are selling their medicine :?