It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hard to pee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all,
It's Maya. I am only on day 13 of sub treatment and it has saved my life. I can't believe I am not wanting to go find pills and I don't even want to take my daughter's opiate cough medicine which I could never stay away from ever if I wasn't on the subs. I have a problem though...it's super hard to pee all the time! I mean, I can get it out, but it takes forever!!! Does this happen to anyone. Believe me, I would take this side effect any day over using again and the cravings so this surely isn't going to make me stop the sub, but it never happened with all the other opiates I wonder why this one makes that side effect? Anyway, I love sub treatments. I feel so good waking up and living like a normal person!!! It's crazy how much this has saved my life in less than 2 weeks!!
Take care,
Maya

Post subject: Re: hard to pee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:57 pm 

Hi Maya,

I'm not so sure it's the Suboxone that's responsible for your bladder problem. If it is, then give it some more time for your body to stabilize. Did you read the list of side effects to see if that one is in there? My guess is it's not. Maybe you're fighting off a bladder infection. That's a tough one.

Let's see if anyone else has had that problem before and posts. I'm sure the problem will resolve itself as long as there is no infection.

rule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Rule,
My doc just put me on antibiotics because she thinks it's an infections. We will see if it clears up with the meds! Thanks!
Maya

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Maya,

I just wanted to chime in here and let you know that I also had that side effect for a few months. I don't believe this problem is specific to Suboxone, but rather to all opiates in varying degrees because I had similar side effects on large amounts of other opiates as well.

It's possible having an infection to the urinary tract is your culprit though. My advice, take the anti-biotics and see if it helps. If it winds up being from the subs it will go away as your body adjusts to your dose.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks! It's gotten easier to pee and I am done with my antibiotics now so I'm not sure if it is from the sub or an infection. I guess time will tell. But I am still adjusting my dose, so my body isn't sure what dose is best. I am anywhere from 2-4mg a day. I can't seem to find the perfect dose for me. Did it take you all a while to find that dose? Also, as time goes on, does the sub become less sedating? Sometimes I feel so sedated, especially when driving or focusing on something. If I'm active and doing things I don't feel sedated. Weird. But, worth it for sure!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes Maya, it definitely takes awhile to get used to the bupe. All of the side effects you are feeling will go away in time. For some, it can take up to a month to feel completely normal. I think you are really overthinking this dose issue. My guess is that in a couple more weeks you will feel great no matter where you land on your dose between 2-4mg. This whole process takes patience, but you will get there. Try not to worry so much about all the little details. Expect that it will take up to a month for your body to adjust to the new medication. I wouldn't worry about any side effects unless you are still feeling them at about 6 weeks in. All of the things you have mentioned so far should be long gone by then. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How interesting! I'm only on day 4, well, about to be 5, of my Sub treatment and just the other day I thought to myself, "well this is weird, I'm having trouble peeing! I wondering if it's the Subs?". Perhaps not verbatim but point being, similar thing happened to me lol. This has happened to me before but it's always been very mild and just gone away on it's on. I've never attributed it to opiates but I also never knew it was a side effect of them.

I can also relate to the sedation, I've been experiencing on and off tired spells that can be wicked intense but I think it's slowly getting better. I'm sure, as already mentioned, that most of these side effects will go away as our bodies adjust to the Bupe.

And as evident by my thread in the Dosing forum, I can relate to wondering how long it will take to find the correct dose. I would listen to qhoregal2, I think she hit the nail on the head, for both you and I and probably boat loads of others when she said "I think you are really overthinking the dose issue". Qhoresegal2 (haha I cannot think of a clever way to abbreviate your name) and a few other mods here have truly been of utmost help to me in figuring this whole Bupe thing out and there's a lot of wisdom here!

Best of luck, Maya! Like myself, I see you're on a relatively low dose too, which I think and have been told can make things a bit different than those who are dosing over the ceiling level. If you ever wanna chat, feel free to shoot me a PM!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL Happy, you can just call me Q. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Happy! Luckily this week the pee issue is getting better! Anyone get body jerks or twitches when you sit down, especially in the evening when you are tired or in bed? This is my newest weird symptom. I think I will start a new thread on it lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:37 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

maybe you just have an infection. an antibiotic would help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Happychaos I'm going through the exact same thing you are Im really having a hard time peeing and in sick at my stomach this is just my 3rd day Im so sleepy! I can't sleep at night maybe 4 hours if that and today I'm very sick at my stomach! Can YALL give me some advice please I've posted on a few other places in this forum and I don't know how to check and see if someone has replied to my questions! Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:08 pm 

Sounds to me Lizzy tbat your having a reaction to your dose due to tolerance. Im no dr , but I think I read wnere your taking 16mgs for a habit of 105mgs of oxy, it that correct?
Side effects do come with sub like any other medicine, so you are experiencing some.
It could be Buprenorphine over dose all though a milder form of it. The belly issue seems like it. The peeing problem has effected many in the bedining. Im sure over time this will go away. Try not to worry to much about it. Your on your way to a new clean life.
It may be probable to reduce your sub intake. I will not say here to do this without your dr being a where of the reduction.
But imo your 16 mgs a day is abit high...You possibly could go down into tbe 8 to 12 mg range and still do very well.

My 2 cents...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes Razor that's right:( so you think I'm on touch sub? Your probably right See I really don't know anything about sub except what I've read on here and kinda read about a month ago when i was thinking about trying to take it to get off pain pills I was/am 100% ready to stop with the pills and the struggle even tho I was prescribed norcos those were just NEVER enough! I wasn't sick at my stomach at all until today after I went down on my dose, see I took a whole strip at 8 am and then instead of taking the whole thing at 1pm I took a half of the strip well after a few mins I started feeling real sick:( I will for sure call my dr in the am and talk about going down in my dose! In your experience how much do u think I should start off trying to dose? Of course I'll do what my dr says bit id like to know what u think as well :) Im just worried that going down in dose Then I won't know how much is enough for me ! Is it normal for someone to be on it only 2 or 3 days and already have to go down in their dose?:( Thanks so much Yall really give great advice here:) I was so excited on Monday and now I just feel BLAH and I don't want to feel like that ! HVe a good un' razor:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and I have one other question razor if I have a slight craving will that work itself out when I get used to the sub and get my dose right or is that something I need to mention to my dr? Or do u know? Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:21 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey the trouble peeing definitely comes from all opiates. Whenever I was high on H, oxy, and now subutex it takes a little bit to get a stream going. Im guessing it has to do with the opiates having a numbing effect on your body. Im sure once you get more used to Buprenorphine you will be able to urinate normally again! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@iriemind, thanks for the information ! Have a wonderful day:)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had this problem too when I first started Suboxone 5 months ago. I knew I had to go. but stood there forever trying to. I started counting at 787 - dont ask me why that # It just randomly popped in my head lol - but it worked for me. This side effect did get a whole lot better as I contined on with the medication. A lot better! wishing you all my best!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

RE: OG Poster...I used to only pee a couple times a day when I took my prescribed dose. That was back around 2010 and I was prescribed and taking all 3 a day. I also took supervised drug test. It was the worst experience having someone standing next to me, waiting on me to pee in a cup and they could observe. Imagine that when you already have problems peeing on your own. I would obviously not go pee until it was time for the test and I would still drank water and coffee hours before going.

Anyway, back in 2010 my doctor had never had anyone complain about having problems peeing. Besides having the drug test, it wasn't a big concern for me anyway. I was more worried about not having a movement for over 2 weeks. That was scary, just not scary enough to scare the sh*t out me...haha j/j.

So if your having problems with #1, your definitely having problems with #2. But maybe you figured a way of dealing with that when you were on your opiates.

Love!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello Maya and congratulations on your newfound journey to recovery! Its not easy but it is definitely worth every bit!!

I am not a medical professional by any means just trying to offer my own advice through my experiences and knowledge of suboxone to try & help you in any way possible. Feel free to disregard whatever I say, I'm not trying to tell you what to do just trying to help!

First thing I thought of when reading all this.. is there ANY other medications or supplements you are taking??. You never know what strange things could be caused by something other than suboxone. I know a lot of us are pretty quick to blame suboxone as I was too for a long time over two years until I found out my unpleasant symptoms were actually a different medication that I started around the same exact time I started suboxone.

Funny thing I remember having a super hard time starting a stream when I had really good dope. And I remember quite a bit I would even nod off on the toilet and wake up later on laughing at myself not knowing how long I had been out. Maybe your suboxone dose is too high? Are you making sure to administer it correctly every time you take it? a lot of people especially new in treatment don't know the right way you are supposed to take it and are on the wrong dose because of that.

Regardless of what else you may or may not be taking, I think you should definitely talk to your suboxone doctor. Let him know all your concerns (especially about your thoughts on your dose). I would imagine that's why they always ask you to be as honest as you possibly can be when telling them what & how much you used so that they can better help you get at the right dosage for you as everyone is different & your body will eventually let you know if its not the right dosage for you. & also let the dr. know that you were already treated for an infection and that did not help. I'm kinda surprised you were just put on antibiotics without even knowing for sure if you had an infection as a simple urine test done in the dr.'s office can detect bacteria and confirm whether or not that is the culprit. Or maybe they did do a urine test? It just seemed the way you were talking about it is that they weren't really sure either way.

You said you have been on Suboxone for approx. 2 weeks & are taking anywhere from 2-4mgs and cant seem to find the right dose?.. I would say try to take the same amount every day at the same time, I cant imagine jumping doses that frequently is helping you to get stabilized.. especially when you are this early on in treatment.

Try not to automatically blame everything on suboxone without knowing for sure, it can scare people away from treatment if they see people are saying suboxone is giving them numerous terrible symptoms, but a lot of us immediately do that. especially being new in recovery, us opiate addicts tend to numb ourselves so much that when we finally get that junk out of our system and get regulated on suboxone we find we have all these weird symptoms that we never had (or just not noticed) before & automatically assume it is the suboxone when in fact it might very well be something else entirely.

I hope you get your answers & come back and let us know how you are doing & what the problem was. Hope I helped in any way! Take care & post often! This site is a godsend, so many caring members simply looking to help other addicts. I have learned A LOT from this site and I hope you do too! Stay strong :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

oh wow I didn't realize how old this thread was lol :oops: the OP is probably long gone by now. Sorry guys! Maybe this will help somebody else looking through this because they're having similar problems